Day Traders Lounge.

Oh boy, talk about predictions and speculations !!

A 25-Year-Old Bet Comes Due: Has Tech Destroyed Society?
In 1995, a WIRED cofounder challenged a Luddite-loving doomsayer to a prescient wager on tech and civilization’s fate. Now their judge weighs in.

https://www.wired.com/story/a-25-ye...yed-society/?utm_source=pocket-newtab-intl-en

".....extemporaneously cited three factors: an economic disaster that would render the dollar worthless, causing a depression worse than the one in 1930; a rebellion of the poor against the monied; and a significant number of environmental catastrophes. "

I have rarely seen the word "extemporaneously" used in a sentence :)

AJK

Oh boy, talk about predictions and speculations !!

A 25-Year-Old Bet Comes Due: Has Tech Destroyed Society?
In 1995, a WIRED cofounder challenged a Luddite-loving doomsayer to a prescient wager on tech and civilization’s fate. Now their judge weighs in.

https://www.wired.com/story/a-25-ye...yed-society/?utm_source=pocket-newtab-intl-en

".....extemporaneously cited three factors: an economic disaster that would render the dollar worthless, causing a depression worse than the one in 1930; a rebellion of the poor against the monied; and a significant number of environmental catastrophes. "

I have rarely seen the word "extemporaneously" used in a sentence :)
I've seen Wired usually posting all the doomsaying stories. How can it challenge another doomsayer ?

AJK

I think by 2030, most of the economies might have and must have adapted to the sustainable development goals.. investments in more eco-friendly businesses and eco-friendly habitats (how would you like to live near popular eco tourism/picnic spots near to cities - maybe artificial, land price would turn a multi bag there) would drive our sustainable journey forward i think..

AJK

This is just my thought. If someone has or bought 3 acres of unused land in the accessible area, in the half of the land he can grow a small forest and later turn it into a private picnic destination with walkways for jogging, small water bodies, etc. With time, the remaining half would cover many times then value of the forested land. One can build apartment complexes, restaurants and other businesses, or sell the residential land for the same. Plus points are, you would give clean air to the environment, and as the traffic increase, the economy in the region would also thrive with small local businesses.

To grow forest, on some places we just need to leave the land as it is, and some other regions, investment in irrigation and cultivation of nature friendly fast growing trees and plants must be needed.

Edit: I'm visualizing India here. Other places with less unused land might adapt to technology to curb the pollution.

Last edited: