Day Traders Lounge.

AJK

it's so sad to see people lashing out at Bill gates with conspiracy theories... he's actually one of the living legends behind the advancement of our civilization to where we are now. his single invention, Windows, was the reason behind most of our technological, industrial, infrastructure, medical etc. advancements. yet he's spending his mortal life in simple way helping people who are suffering across the world.. these attacking conspirator theoretical scientists don't even move a single finger to help humanity, i guess. while he spends billions on charity with no complaints to them.. this is sattva guna (purity) in Indian vedic science..

it's so sad to see people lashing out at Bill gates with conspiracy theories... he's actually one of the living legends behind the advancement of our civilization to where we are now. his single invention, Windows, was the reason behind most of our technological, industrial, infrastructure, medical etc. advancements. yet he's spending his mortal life in simple way helping people who are suffering across the world.. these attacking conspirator theoretical scientists don't even move a single finger to help humanity, i guess. while he spends billions on charity with no complaints to them.. this is sattva guna (purity) in Indian vedic science..

Actually, Windows was launched only to counter Apple, which had a GUI (Graphic User Interface) almost since inception. MS gained popularity only due to the fact that they allowed unlicensed copies by the millions, whereas Apple protected their technology. This is also the reason that MS comes out more often with bug fixes, and Apple is far more robust and stable system.

Nobody is going to confer sainthood on Bill Gates.

AJK

Actually, Windows was launched only to counter Apple, which had a GUI (Graphic User Interface) almost since inception. MS gained popularity only due to the fact that they allowed unlicensed copies by the millions, whereas Apple protected their technology. This is also the reason that MS comes out more often with bug fixes, and Apple is far more robust and stable system.

Nobody is going to confer sainthood on Bill Gates.
Yeah, maybe it was because of his doing that a large population of globe still couldn't even touch, let alone being able to boast of owning an apple or ipad... perhaps the dirty slum people in India who have been helped by him would never... Sad.

AJK

Yeah, even some Indians think so.. that people living in slums are dirty... which is why charity organizations abroad are coming to help them. Yeah well i should also take some quarantine from this hotspot da

Yeah, maybe it was because of his doing that a large population of globe still couldn't even touch, let alone being able to boast of owning an apple or ipad... perhaps the dirty slum people in India who have been helped by him would never... Sad.
Yeah, even some Indians think so.. that people living in slums are dirty... which is why charity organizations abroad are coming to help them. Yeah well i should also take some quarantine from this hotspot da
Their business strategy was to hook the users as to an addiction, still continuing it. If they were to be honest about providing it to the masses, they could've made it free / open source like Linux.

Anyway, long topic.

AJK

Their business strategy was to hook the users as to an addiction, still continuing it. If they were to be honest about providing it to the masses, they could've made it free / open source like Linux.

Anyway, long topic.
I don't want to argue sir, it's of no use here you know :) but just to replay, millions of pirated copies are still working with only a notification of it on the desktop, and no legal notice.. maybe the poor also learn some tech in life. Also you can get an OEM key for windows 10 for around 500 rs from online today. But i still can't figure out why there's less Linux office products in use despite being open source.

And, i think we are more addicted to androids than PC nowadays.

Last edited:

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
I don't want to argue sir, it's of no use here you know :) but just to replay, millions of pirated copies are still working with only a notification of it on the desktop, and no legal notice.. maybe the poor also learn some tech in life. Also you can get an OEM key for windows 10 for around 500 rs from online today. But i still can't figure out why there's less Linux office products in use despite being open source.

And, i think we are more addicted to androids than PC nowadays.
Along with pirated copies of windows, pirated copies of software development tools were readily available too. This created millions of indian developers who could code on and for windows platform. In west, for school college work you have no option other then go for linux or free version of Office equivalent products but in India we never bought a single OS with money so forget about MS Office!
Add pirated books to the list. Most of technology books are either pirated or second hand copies. This helped poor students (compare to western world) study engineering or technology. I would also give some credit to Tata who along with McGrahill published cheaper version of books for India.
To hive perspective - an engineering book or certification book could cost $40 in US but same book published in India costs 300-400 Rs

AJK

Along with pirated copies of windows, pirated copies of software development tools were readily available too. This created millions of indian developers who could code on and for windows platform. In west, for school college work you have no option other then go for linux or free version of Office equivalent products but in India we never bought a single OS with money so forget about MS Office!
Add pirated books to the list. Most of technology books are either pirated or second hand copies. This helped poor students (compare to western world) study engineering or technology. I would also give some credit to Tata who along with McGrahill published cheaper version of books for India.
To hive perspective - an engineering book or certification book could cost $40 in US but same book published in India costs 300-400 Rs
It's a truth. But for me i have to use all original products, to get okay from my employer, as only original is secure against viruses and trogens. Post ransomware attack, they'd check often if all softwares used are original or not...

AJK

In fact maybe India has more self-made certificate-less experts than west because of this, already making a living in software and web designing fields. It was my graduation-time vision to start a business for self-made experts and adepts of technology...