Day Traders Lounge.

That is a huge topic, as is Narendrabhai's foreign trips.

For now, there are 2 schools of thought - those who think that India growth story is derailed, and those who think that it's a retracement. I guess those are the emotions that drive our response to this topic.

For me, when I see the daily small vendors like sabjiwala and chaiwala feeling hopeless, I'll know that demonetization is bad. But if I see them accepting digital payments, I will know that demonetization was worth the pain.
I bet this digital thing will go for tael lene six months down the line when we have enough 500 notes in the country. Because this is not how you go cashless. There are different ways like incentives, making POS technology affordable (currently there is 2% transaction charge on using it) etc. :)

Also keep in mind time and again we have disappointed the world by delivering far below our potential. Our economy would have been booming by now if Modi ji had focused sharply on economy from the word go. But he was busy in phoren policy and travelling and left the economy to Jaitley ji. And here we are where most economic indicators belying the 7% plus growth.
Sir, We dont have to live to please the world. We have to live to please our people.

India is growing at over 7% as compared to most other nations which are way below 3-4%. Some of them are in recession and some teetering on the brink of it. It was because of our Phoren policy that the likes of US/Russia/france etc are readily willing to invest billions of USD in the defense sector. This can be a game changer as it can create a lot of jobs in an over populated country with a very young work force. It was because of our phoren policy that we have managed to sign nuclear deals with japan and further cooperation with Russia in building nuclear reactors for civilian usage.

Not all credit goes to the Modiji/present govt as some of the work was also done by the previous govt. specially regarding civilian nuclear deals. Modiji managed to speed up a few things that were pending for a long time. Overall/ Modi seems to be doing a fair job. I am apolitical and do not lean towards any political party. Just as a common man like our good self, I try to see if the Govt's move is in the larger interest of our society. At times, nations have to go through short term pain to gain in the long term. We will not know the demerit/merits of things now. Only time will tell. Maybe a few years from now we can assess these things only in hindsight.

I bet this digital thing will go for tael lene six months down the line when we have enough 500 notes in the country. Because this is not how you go cashless. There are different ways like incentives, making POS technology affordable (currently there is 2% transaction charge on using it) etc. :)
Ok, let's discuss it in six months :D

Sir, We dont have to live to please the world. We have to live to please our people.

India is growing at over 7% as compared to most other nations which are way below 3-4%. Some of them are in recession and some teetering on the brink of it. It was because of our Phoren policy that the likes of US/Russia/france etc are readily willing to invest billions of USD in the defense sector. This can be a game changer as it can create a lot of jobs in an over populated country with a very young work force. It was because of our phoren policy that we have managed to sign nuclear deals with japan and further cooperation with Russia in building nuclear reactors for civilian usage.

Not all credit goes to the Modiji/present govt as some of the work was also done by the previous govt. specially regarding civilian nuclear deals. Modiji managed to speed up a few things that were pending for a long time. Overall/ Modi seems to be doing a fair job. I am apolitical and do not lean towards any political party. Just as a common man like our good self, I try to see if the Govt's move is in the larger interest of our society. At times, nations have to go through short term pain to gain in the long term. We will not know the demerit/merits of things now. Only time will tell. Maybe a few years from now we can assess these things only in hindsight.
I am also not much into politics but my job (trading) requires me to keep a close tab on political developments. On the GDP front, there was a controversy so I won't go into details but just say in a country where 10m people enter job market each year, it ought to be growing in double digits like China grew for 25 years. We should not be happy with 6-7% GDP growth, like we become happy after winning one medal in Olympic. Talking further about jobs, do you know our job creation has touched a decade low?

I love to see actions and policies instead of living in hope.

Rish

Time will tell whether it does any good or not. Either way, I believe that India growth story is not derailed - maybe slowed down somewhat - but will take this in its stride.

We are a very young nation, very newly become one people. We have weathered many storms - independence, emergency, various natural calamities and what not. And here we are, proclaimed as the fastest growing economy till 3 weeks ago. I believe that the world's confidence in India will return.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Demonetization is a bad move. Our GDP will fall sharply, it was limping already. So far demonetization has been done by failed states like Libya and Zimbabwe in the world. The idea came up during Dr Rajan's time also but he rejected it. Perhaps it was done now due to political reasons than the economic ones. If anyone convinces me it is for the good of the country then I will change my mind.
I doubt that. Coz in every RBI meeting government representatives vote for rate-cut and RBI representatives vote against the rate-cut which lasts few months before his resignation. Even subramaniasamy (dont know who is behind him) criticized RR with this matter. Government believes Rate-cut will boost the money circulation and so growth, with compromise of hike in inflation. so only they vote for rate-cut. Rate-cut happens after the RR's resignation. With in 2 months of the rate-cut, demonetization was done. (Demonitization will reduce money flow). please any body give some valid reason (rational assumption) behind the bulti stand of the government.