Day Traders Lounge.

Such reports are obviously never confirmed officially, but Dill's media was full of such reports. Even in Rajya Sabha when one SP member said the Modi ji did not tell about this decision to even Jaitley ji there was a loud laugh in the Parliament - even from Modi ji and Jaitley ji. RBI was probably informed. But I would like to ask a counter question: If everyone (FM and RBI) why did they make such a mess of the whole thing? Why 100 and 500 notes were not printed in advance for example, so that there was no shortage. What was IT under FM was doing so the black money cannot be converted into white thru gold etc?
Don't believe what SP members say,use your intelligence.A project of this size and complexity is it possible without FM and RBI Gov being actively involved ??You believe in such things ?Laugh from Modiji and Jetleyji means both find the suggestion ridiculous and very rightly so....no person with any brain will believe in it.

ST

Don't believe what SP members say,use your intelligence.A project of this size and complexity is it possible without FM and RBI Gov being actively involved ??You believe in such things ?Laugh from Modiji and Jetleyji means both find the suggestion ridiculous and very rightly so....no person with any brain will believe in it.

ST
If there was no such widespread mess, no loopholes then I would have believed that those reports stating FM was not taken into confidence were wrong. :)

travi

UPI like Axis Pay,USSD applications are very easy to use...it is even simpler than sending a SMS or what's app message from our mobiles..and mobiles even poor and illiterate are using now.

ST
Great you mentioned UPI.
AFAIK, It was RBI's brainchild under RRR, but wasn't promoted strongly before demonetization.
Since then, every bank is running to push it strongly for branding purpose as well :D
You can use one VPA(Virtual Private address) across all your mobile linked accounts independent of bank.
Would love to try it, I'd rushed to get a classy address and I got a 2 digit one.

Try for ST@icici or ST@hdfcbank :D

If there was no such widespread mess, no loopholes then I would have believed that those reports stating FM was not taken into confidence was wrong. :)
So you still believe it from your heart ? I will not justify the loopholes but such loopholes possible when you take such complex project and you cannot appoint committees,invite suggestions,as else the news would be leaked out .Only handful of people were involved and that may be the reason for few loopholes but saying FM not involved is zero possibility.

ST

Look, our tech savvy member TP bhai don't have a smartphone, then what about a tribal like me :D
Dont worry I had seen many highly educated like doctors, professors, engineers seeking help from their school going grandchildren to clear doubts in smart phones.
So have school going grandchildren, easy way to learn smart phones. :rofl:

Not much point now in discussing the merits/demerits of demonetization or the process preceding/succeeding it.
Yes ,demonetisation is a fact, whether we like it or don't like it....it will not be reversed now .We have to learn how to cope up with it and how best the country copes up with it....there are already many videos on u tube about how to use UPI,USSD for digital money transfer which we can use for making small payments like kirana stores,sabji and fruits vendor etc

ST

cloudTrader

Do you really believe that in current situation some responsible officer of RBI will tell such things to Quint ??:D

Smart_trade
I am neither favouring Quint nor I am against Money Control as I know the in & out of Media workings.Can't reveal here about my associations. Whenever a media cites a source, it really means BIG. The reason for not revealing is to keep up with the credibility of not letting the person down publicly who gave the invaluable information [many tricks are applied to get the first hand info]. Govt. knows the working of the lower cadres of media very well. What to plant when everything gets decided in a very logical way is the work of Senior Media editors. Raw reports are given by the grass root reporters. Some reporters can even get Heart Attacks after seeing how their news get into dustbins just because the higher authorities have ordered something else.

Referring to a post of another member of Traderji - Some very immature members see information sharing as something going against their heroes.

Media knows so much that if it works in a way it really should , as the fourth pillar of constitution , it can bring a revolution in a country like India which is currently in a dilemma of making their decisions as lot of haze is roaming in the political atmosphere.

So you still believe it from your heart ? I will not justify the loopholes but such loopholes possible when you take such complex project and you cannot appoint committees,invite suggestions,as else the news would be leaked out .Only handful of people were involved and that may be the reason for few loopholes but saying FM not involved is zero possibility.

ST
Being a trader I hardly go by heart now, I am a hard nosed person, I go by the facts and the fact is that they are issuing notification a day (What a great example of planning and involvement of everyone). If Arun ji was involved then the finance ministry would have plugged IT loopholes et al. The fact there are so many loopholes is a dead giveaway only a handful of people in the PMO knew about the demonetization bomb.

With no advance printing of 100 and 500 notes, I have a feeling that probably even RBI did not know about it!

How come there is such a widespread mess if so many departments were coordinately involved? So many questions there. You answer it and I will believe you.