Day Traders Lounge.

Rish

One day my ATM card gets blocked, while I am out of home town for 4 weeks, another day the currency gets blocked. What next ? Bank account freeze ?? Demat account freeze ??

Whatever, I have so far done my bit by not queuing up at the Bank, will have to do so in a day or two. (not withstanding that I stood up in queue at an ATM, but got stood up at the last minute :D)
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

One day my ATM card gets blocked, while I am out of home town for 4 weeks, another day the currency gets blocked. What next ? Bank account freeze ?? Demat account freeze ??

Whatever, I have so far done my bit by not queuing up at the Bank, will have to do so in a day or two. (not withstanding that I stood up in queue at an ATM, but got stood up at the last minute :D)
Banks which have only 2000rs for exchange are deserted, So if you feel you can spend 2000rs note . Then visit such deserted banks and avoid QUEUE :D

Banks which have only 2000rs for exchange are deserted, So if you feel you can spend 2000rs note . Then visit such deserted banks and avoid QUEUE :D

Arrebhai, there was only one queue till yesterday, the account holders couldn't even withdraw or deposit cash, much less exchange.

Now with new notification about separate queues, maybe the things will lighten up somewhat.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Arrebhai, there was only one queue till yesterday, the account holders couldn't even withdraw or deposit cash, much less exchange.

Now with new notification about separate queues, maybe the things will lighten up somewhat.
If you are a senior citizen, then you may encounter less stress. But tomo more Q is expected as today was holiday.

travi

Today, for some reason, since I had to deposit OHD and withdraw 10k, weekly limit is upto 24k, I found the single queue system to work.
There is one Q outside, and they had around 20-30 ppl in, so its easy to deposit and withdraw, including KYC, bcos a lot of complaints came.
Now KYC appears to be mandatory.
Bcos of this, super senior citizens/phy challenged/Pregnant women etc were getting preferential treatment, which is good in a way.

Unfortunately, exchange for cash without bank a/c weren't happening.
They said after 2 PM.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Today, for some reason, since I had to deposit OHD and withdraw 10k, weekly limit is upto 24k, I found the single queue system to work.
There is one Q outside, and they had around 20-30 ppl in, so its easy to deposit and withdraw, including KYC, bcos a lot of complaints came.
Bcos of this, super senior citizens/phy challenged/Pregnant women etc were getting preferential treatment, which is good in a way.

They said after 2 PM.
KYC means only photocopy of ID only or address proof also?

They said after 2 PM.
Which bank ?? Did they have the currency exchange fellows too ?? Here the lines are 300-400 people long.

Anyway, just returned disappointed after another 2 hours in Kotak Bank ATM line. Out of money. Seems like the van had deposited just Rs. 1 lakh in the machine and even after the strict guards ensuring only 1 card swiped per person, only 40 people got serviced (everyone withdrew Rs. 2500).

The line had started even before the cash van arrived. I got in the queue around 3.30, the cash dispensing started around 4.20; it got over at around 5.20 with 40 people served in 1 hour. So, it was another disappointing day with the ATM withdrawal.