Day Traders Lounge.

deba72

So at this rate we should also do the following .....This is taking a ridiculous proportion..

1. Since their independence, Pakistan has received ( and still receiving ) most help from USA.. financial,strategic - all kind of help... USA is still not calling them a terrorist country and giving them more aid in fact.. So now on, boycott USA.. all US goods should be banned and we should stop visiting USA for asking them to invest in our country...

2. Pakistan has many friends and benefactors in the Arab world... boycott all of them.. don't buy their oil...

3. Russia is the biggest ally of China now...and also Russia is conducting military exercise with Pakistan in POK... So boycott Russia as well....

4. All western countries imposed sanction on us ( except France ) after Pokhran.. so if possible ban them too...

USA and China are fighting each other in every forum nowadays over South China Sea, Human rights and trade deals... Japanese and Chinese navies showing open aggression to each other almost on a daily basis.. China-Taiwan is another such conflict... So is Vietnam,Cambodia and South Korea...

But none there is hitting the street with such boycott calls... People should realize, with power, comes great responsibility and if our country dreams to become a super power then it has to behave like one and not like a cry baby in a school yard...

Few parasites, who live off powerful people, will always get into such "nautanki" to serve their own vested interests but nation is not going to benefit from it in the long run...

Jai Hind !

Last edited:

Rish

Diwali 2016: Chinese goods sale dips 40% after boycott call

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...e-goods-sale-dips-40/articleshow/54989358.cms

Good news? Well this is a start atleast. The public can do their bit to protest China's support to Pakistan's effort to undermine peace and democracy in our country.

Bad news? Here's my personal experience of this week. I had to buy a replacement charger for my Smartphone. At the mobile shop, ALL the chargers were made in China. Those chargers bearing Indian companies name, were manufactured in China, but packed and marketed with an Indian company brand name. :(:(:(

So while the public may be willing to do their bit, Indian companies and the govt. must do more to ensure 'Made in India' is more than a slogan.
We have already screwed by British Rule.....and now all Foreign companies looting India since from 2001 effectively.....

Again doors are opened for "Make In India".......

Nothing is meant for common people.....

We have to conduct a raid on Politicians House and Office...whether any chinese products are used (101% they will use it....Rule is for us only....because we are patriots).

Anyway....I will be a patriot...

Diwali 2016:

Bad news? Here's my personal experience of this week. I had to buy a replacement charger for my Smartphone. At the mobile shop, ALL the chargers were made in China. Those chargers bearing Indian companies name, were manufactured in China, but packed and marketed with an Indian company brand name. :(:(:(

Almost most of the electronic goods may have chinese parts either full finished or parts. Even if any electronic goods which manufactured in India may have chips, circuit boards which is purchased in china.

We have to conduct a raid on Politicians House and Office...whether any chinese products are used (101% they will use it....Rule is for us only....because we are patriots).

Anyway....I will be a patriot...
I assume thats not possible. Liberalisation agreements may not allow the government to do such things, which may be violation of agreement. Most of toys, electronic gadgets which purchased from fancy stores or small electronic shop are made in china. They sell without bills. Government can target those things. But who dare to damage the vote bank :lol:

But government can do many things with out violations of agreements or damaging the vote banks.

my old post http://www.traderji.com/general-trading-investing-chat/98792-day-traders-lounge-270.html#post1182342

But the irony is that same day in news, there was meet between Nirmala seethraman and chinese diplomats. She assured all the help will done to improve the business in India. So I was dead sure government cannot do any thing directly to reduce the imports. So it should take proxy-route only :D .

Rish

Almost most of the electronic goods may have chinese parts either full finished or parts. Even if any electronic goods which manufactured in India may have chips, circuit boards which is purchased in china.

I assume thats not possible. Liberalisation agreements may not allow the government to do such things, which may be violation of agreement. Most of toys, electronic gadgets which purchased from fancy stores or small electronic shop are made in china. They sell without bills. Government can target those things. But who dare to damage the vote bank :lol:

But government can do many things with out violations of agreements or damaging the vote banks.

my old post http://www.traderji.com/general-trading-investing-chat/98792-day-traders-lounge-270.html#post1182342

But the irony is that same day in news, there was meet between Nirmala seethraman and chinese diplomats. She assured all the help will done to improve the business in India. So I was dead sure government cannot do any thing directly to reduce the imports. So it should take proxy-route only :D .

We have to bend.....because....so many inter cross relationship built in the system between India and China......as a corporate person....i can smell....we can't eliminate China for sure....

TradeJoker

As an average indian,If I get an item for half of the price I will definitely buy it, without checking the country which it made from, :D , world is now an open market, those Chinese companies have no direct involvement the foreign policy, just like small industries in India which export products,have no role in our foreign affairs.

Of course, those growing number of millionaires, have options to buy products other than chaina, but even there's no option to check any components in that items have any Chinese connection, like the case of iPhone

A different perspective on our economy

Sorry PM Modi, but spending more and more won't get you investors

By Bloomberg | Updated: Oct 24, 2016, 04.39 PM IST

India’s celebrated position as the world’s fastest-growing large economy conceals a dangerous weakness: Too few people seem to want to invest in the country. Even going by the government’s growth figures, private investment is shrinking at an increasing pace -- by 1.9 per cent between January and March, and by 3.1 percent between April and June.

The government is struggling to make up for this lack of confidence with its own money. Recent reports suggest officials may seek parliamentary approval for $7.5 billion of additional spending over the next five months, which they hope will increase growth by 0.4 percentage points.

The strategy isn't new. When he entered office, Prime Minister Narendra Modi confronted a slowdown in private investment that had brought India’s growth down from near double digits in 2010 to around 5 to 6 per cent in 2014. He and his economic team decided then that public spending was the answer. They hoped that boosting government expenditure would “crowd in” private investment -- that it would raise investors’ spirits, fuel optimism and lead to major private-sector activity on the ground.

But that’s simply not happened. And it’s worrying that, with half its term gone, the government seems unable or unwilling to admit that its approach isn't working.

There are two reasons for India's dangerous investment gap. First, the financial pipeline for new investment is broken. In India, funding for new projects tends to come from the banking sector, which is dominated by state-controlled banks.

Unfortunately, state banks are struggling with their balance sheets. They’ve got a large number of bad debts to clean up; while many have been accounted for in the last couple years, more will no doubt emerge. The result, of course, is that credit growth has been anemic. As a matter of fact, bank lending to industry actually contracted in August for the first time in a decade.

The government has done too little to fix the pipeline. There’s only one real solution: to reduce the economy’s dependence on public sector banks, which are so vulnerable to manipulation by influential tycoons. Instead, officials have not only taken the idea of privatizing these banks off the table, but are now promising to be more “pragmatic” -- read: more lenient -- about forcing them to clean up their books.

Second, investors have been burned too often in the past by arbitrary government decisions; disputes over taxation or environmental regulations have stopped work on many projects. Infrastructure investment in particular continues to be held up -- about half of India’s large projects are delayed -- tying up capital and leading to big losses for investors.

Investors will need to see concrete change before they start putting money back into the economy. The government has made a lot of noise about easing the task of doing business, a key element of Modi’s flagship "Make in India" program to boost manufacturing. And some low-hanging fruit has been plucked; the country rose four spots on the World Bank’s “Doing Business” ranking last year, to 130th.

But Modi has often stated that he doesn’t even know what “big bang reform” would look like. He's thus focused more on pushing public investment than promoting the sustained deregulation and reform --to labor and environmental rules in particular -- that would restore investor confidence.

Many investors openly say now that real change remains elusive, which is why companies have met government promises with their own promises, not money. Consider what was being sold as one of the big successes for "Make in India" -- a promise from Taiwan-based Foxconn to set up a plant in the western Indian state of Maharashtra. Over a year has passed without any sign of that investment.

Even companies that have committed money are having second thoughts. Another supposed success of Modi’s PR blitz was to have been a new Ford plant in his native Gujarat. But Ford’s CEO Mark Fields said this week that the company was “reviewing alternatives” for India; he was more pessimistic about operations there than in any other emerging market.

The government seems oblivious to the warning signals. Worse, its choice to double down on public spending is doubly dangerous, as it will jeopardize one of the few unquestioned successes of the past few years: the restoration of stability to India’s budget mathematics. The government has already overshot its fiscal deficit target for the current financial year by a larger margin than at any point in the past five years. Simply spending more and more won’t help -- and might well hurt.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...nt-get-you-investors/articleshow/55026955.cms

Lo, kallo baat.. Amazon is also selling "Made as of USA" products :D

Apple Says 90 Percent of These Amazon Products Are Fakes

A new lawsuit filed by Apple contends that 90 percent of iPhone devices and Apple accessories it recently purchased from Amazon were fakes.

The lawsuit targets a company called Mobile Star, LLC, and alleges that it is selling phony power products on Amazon that “pose a significant risk of overheating, fire, and electrical shock.”

Apple says it purchased the products directly through Amazon, not a third party. Amazon is not named in the lawsuit, according to an Associated Press report.

As part of its investigation, Apple bought more than 100 items, including:

Power cords
Lightning cables
iPhone devices
Apple says it filed the lawsuit “to protect its customers from dangerous counterfeit power products such as power adapters and charging cables” that Amazon sourced from Mobile Star.

Consumers relying on Amazon’s reputation “have no reason to suspect the power products they purchased from Amazon.com are anything but genuine,” the lawsuit says:

This is particularly true where, as here, the products are sold directly “by Amazon.com” as genuine Apple products using Apple’s own product marketing images.

CBS News says Amazon did not immediately respond to a request for comment about the lawsuit. Meanwhile, an Associated Press report says Mobile Star also did not respond to a request for comment.

The lawsuit also contends that Mobile Star supplied Groupon with dangerous counterfeit Apple power products.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-says-90-percent-amazon-061456640.html