Day Traders Lounge.

I have the following suggestions :

1) the Haryanvi jats be banned from all government services
2) All the railway stations in Haryana be cancelled or the fares doubled for passengers as well as goods.
3) All those who have participated in disrupting the public services should be booked for sedition.
4) All the Haryanvi Jats should be tattoed with "I am a Jat" on their forehead so that the non-Jats can do their own kind of boycott.
5) All the non-jats start some kind of socio-economic boycott/blockade of the jats.
Third world country with third class citizens , it will take atleast 50 more years to become civilised

ptk

Being in trading for a long time,I meet many successful,struggling and losing traders.I met one losing trader yesterday.This trader has representative trading pattern which is common in all losing traders.

This person stays near my house and I have been observing his trading pattern for last 7-8 years.He has taken premature retirement from a private sector job in the bull market of 2006-2007 and he thought making money in the market is very easy and why work in a 9 to 6 job.He trades sitting in broker,s office and the tips,news etc he gets there.

He used to come to me everyday before the market opened 2 years back and ask me whether the market will go up or down,his next question used to be how much down and by when....I used to tell him that I am a day trader and I have no answers to these questions and I will trade as per the trend and the trend can change any time.I have told him so many times that he must cut his losses quickly and stay with his winners but he will take profits quickly and stay with his losing positions.His argument was the position is in loss but markets can reverse and next month his position will come in profits. He made serious losses and stopped trading for 2 years and also tried another business but the lure of the markets again has brought him back and last few days he has started trading.

He is always after some never fail analysis,system,technique.I told him that there is no system which has over 70-75 % success rate and in best of the systems he will have losing trades and he must cut his losers quickly.He thinks taking a stop loss is money lost forever and still keeps holding his losers in the hope of market reversal.I told him that he must not carry a losing position home.He must book a loss and take fresh position again tomorrow which he does not agree....

Last few days he is ringing me up 2-3 times in the market hours and I don't take any phone calls during market hours but being a known person sometime I speak to him for 1-2 minutes and his questions are same....how much down will the market go...will it not come up again....and I have no answers for these questions.From his talk I can sense that he is stuck up with some loosing positions....and we can only sympathise with him....he will keep talking about which broker is recommending what and he refuses to believe that these brokers can and do go wrong.

I feel bad for him but he has fixed ideas and is unwilling to change and I clearly see the same losers patterns repeating in case of this person....hope he understands and accepts that these are loosing ways and mends his ways for path of success.

Smart_trade
Mindblowing post ST, I am speechless. I can feel the pain that you go through when you see such traders. You continue to remind be of Buffett. he keeps saying that I have no clue where the stock market will be after 6 months or a year and yet he is/was the richest person on earth with the same stock market about which he has no clue where it will go after a year.
You are very similar to him. You have no clue what the market will do next yet you comfortably and profitably trade the market to its tune. Its amazing to read all that you wrote.Its so tempting to find a 0 loss method, its like going to a fortune teller and get a glimpse of the future, its that tempting.
I have done all this myself and thankfully I got out with very few scratches.

Thank you for the post.

Deepest Regards,
ptk

DSM

Guess TP is in an angry mood today to suggest something so outrageous. For the acts of the few or some or many, all cannot be punished. Similar e.g in a class would be some students do mischief and those who do not have anything to do with it including studious students get penalized.

However, following TP's 'suggestion' looked up for the prominent Jats....

The serving Chief of the army staff, General Dalbir Singh, is a Jat from Haryana. And to add, we have a 'Jat Regiment' in Indian army, which is serving the nation proudly. I am sure these people must be squirming seeing what is being done by some of the people in their community. At the same time we would want to continue with the services they provide to the country.

And I think it would be a shame to see Saina Nehwal, Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Ashish Nehra, Shikhar Dhawan, Sushil Kumar (the 1st Indian to win back to back individual Olympic medals) be tattoed with anything as suggested.

Mallika Sherawat, Sunny Deol, Dharmendra, Randeep Hooda, Mahima Chaudhry, Sushant Singh would look weird in movies with tattoed forehead.

In a democracy, we need dialogue, and not confrontation. While it is painful to see damage done mostly by political goons and thugs masquerading as leaders along with their followers, they need to be identified and made accountable for their deeds. But sadly, this is something that we rarely see happening.

Even in the city of Mumbai, many agitations in the past have included hardline parties involved destruction of public and private property. But nothing has ever been done to follow up with action to bring the guilty to task. And such hooliganism will continue in future as well, unless the political leadership builds up a spine to do what is evidently clear.....

We need to resolve contraversial issues in a calm and objective manner. Responding with emotions instead of logic rarely does any good.

I have the following suggestions :

1) the Haryanvi jats be banned from all government services
2) All the railway stations in Haryana be cancelled or the fares doubled for passengers as well as goods.
3) All those who have participated in disrupting the public services should be booked for sedition.
4) All the Haryanvi Jats should be tattoed with "I am a Jat" on their forehead so that the non-Jats can do their own kind of boycott.
5) All the non-jats start some kind of socio-economic boycott/blockade of the jats.

There are prominent citizens in every caste, doesn't give anyone the right to try to damage the federal structure. I guess you have no idea of what's happening with the water situation in Delhi. This agitation has made a calculated move to strangle Delhi's water supply - it's akin to trying to kill your own brother.

As for similar instances happening in the past, yes, it has happened in the past - most recently in the patidar aandolan in Gujarat. So it is the time to do something drastic about it so that violent protests and destruction of public property and disruption of movement does NOT recur in future. It won't do to say "oh, it happens, has happened in the past and will happen in future too".

It's time to lay the law and ensure that blackmail isn't rewarded while the law abiding citizens suffer.

As for the Haryanvi jats in particular, I guess you know that Haryana has the lowest female:male ratio in the country and they are "buying" brides from distant states like Kerala and Bengal. The community isn't backward at all and just wants to show its muscle.

Another suggestion that I want to make is for all of the "reserved" category in general, specially the castes wanting "reservation". All the people belonging to such category should need to have a license before they procreate. Any child born without a previous license should be denied the benefits of "reservation".

Guess TP is in an angry mood today to suggest something so outrageous. For the acts of the few or some or many, all cannot be punished. Similar e.g in a class would be some students do mischief and those who do not have anything to do with it including studious students get penalized.

The serving Chief of the army staff, General Dalbir Singh, is a Jat from Haryana. And to add, we have a 'Jat Regiment' in Indian army, which is serving the nation proudly. I am sure these people must be squirming seeing what is being done by some of the people in their community. At the same time we would want to continue with the services they provide to the country.

And I think it would be a shame to see Saina Nehwal, Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Ashish Nehra, Shikhar Dhawan, Sushil Kumar (the 1st Indian to win back to back individual Olympic medals) be tattoed with anything as suggested.

Mallika Sherawat, Sunny Deol, Dharmendra, Randeep Hooda, Mahima Chaudhry, Sushant Singh would look weird in movies with tattoed forehead.

In a democracy, we need dialogue, and not confrontation. While it is painful to see damage done mostly by political goons and thugs masquerading as leaders along with their followers, they need to be identified and made accountable for their deeds. But sadly, this is something that we rarely see happening.

Even in the city of Mumbai, many agitations in the past have included hardline parties involved destruction of public and private property. But nothing has ever been done to follow up with action to bring the guilty to task. And such hooliganism will continue in future as well, unless the political leadership builds up a spine to do what is evidently clear.....

We need to resolve contraversial issues in a calm and objective manner. Responding with emotions instead of logic rarely does any good.

Very informative reply :clapping::clapping::clapping:

What do you mean by Third world country.​
There are different ways to look at the topic and your question. Here one way you may check out, if you not meant it the other way (Behavior from people which in many cases do not much differ from so called "First World Countries and Second and Third World Countries).

The following links are posted for educational purpose as I am not here to get in any discussions about it, as every body is free and enough old here to make up his own mind about it:

THIRD WORLD: definitions and descriptions

The First, Second and Third World Countries defined

Next step:

Economy > GDP: Countries Compared

and finally this one:

List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita

Take care / Dan​