Day Traders Lounge.

Vertigo_1985

my friend, am not any anti modi type. :)

But the reality is, large scale changes wont happen that way.

Making people aware is no bad idea but how can that be a mission of a govt.

Every awareness program will bring small change for small period of time. But that change wont sustain. If awareness programs can bring drastic changes Shri Shri Ravi Shankar would have transformed this country.

Strong implementation of new projects is required and those projects should not be mere awarness programmes.
Could you explain in detail your ideas, improvement or adds ?? what kind of new projects and how you want to implement them ?

TradeOptions

my friend, am not any anti modi type. :)

But the reality is, large scale changes wont happen that way.

Making people aware is no bad idea but how can that be a mission of a govt.

Every awareness program will bring small change for small period of time. But that change wont sustain. If awareness programs can bring drastic changes Shri Shri Ravi Shankar would have transformed this country.

Strong implementation of new projects is required and those projects should not be mere awarness programmes.
Brother I think the main point that you are trying to make is that only running campaigns in the media will not bring any real change. The government must make sure that the whole mechanism of keeping a city clean must be improved. By studying the complete chain and making the necessary changes and improvements, where ever there is a need. In most cities, even the garbage collection is not done properly. The sweepers will come after 2-3 days to pick up the garbage from the big dustbins that are kept on the street corners etc. Until and unless this whole system is properly taken into consideration, the situation at the ground level is not going to change much.

Obviously we all share the responsibility to keep our nation clean. But if our sweeper brothers and sisters do not have proper resources - enough vehicles / manpower / professionally planned cleaning mechanisms / better use of technology in the whole process etc. then any amount of campaigns in the media etc. are not going to bring a big change. Enough resources needs to be implemented in this direction to make this mission a real success.

I personally feel that you are making a genuine point there, but a lot of guys will start to bash you up thinking that you are anti modi :rofl::rofl: This kind of behavior is going on all over the internet. People do not even think for a moment, what the other guy might be trying to say, if his views seem to go slightly against our PM Modi ji.

I think that the initiative of Swach Bharat Abhiyan is real good. It has atleast made all of us more aware about this issue. It would be real great if the government keep it in its priority and make sure that the necessary changes are being brought up into the Government Functioning at the very ground level, to make this great initiative a success.

With regards

mohan.sic

Could you explain in detail your ideas, improvement or adds ?? what kind of new projects and how you want to implement them ?
you got me wrong. please understand there are no strong policy changes at any level. Even if waste is collected in time from the dus bins, what happens to it after that ? That is why you see huge piles of garbage on road sides.
Even if it is cleaned from roads where should they take it. How much can the dumping yards in city outskirts take this waste, How is it managed there.. Do u think we have proper plants to recycle. we are no where close to advanced nations in waste management.

Vertigo_1985

you got me wrong. please understand there are no strong policy changes at any level. Even if waste is collected in time from the dus bins, what happens to it after that ? That is why you see huge piles of garbage on road sides.
Even if it is cleaned from roads where should they take it. How much can the dumping yards in city outskirts take this waste, How is it managed there.. Do u think we have proper plants to recycle. we are no where close to advanced nations in waste management.
Nope, we are no where close to advanced countries in waste management, that should also be addressed, these things are done at state government and municipal levels but these will also take years to show the effect.
There are 'local circles'' groups.. have you tried inquiring there about what plan authorities have for addressing these issues in your area ?

On general note - why cant we introduce fine to people who litter ? what are the points against it ?

Riskyman

I have been following some of the comments being posted about this topic here and I must say that I would tend to agree largely with you. However, I will caution you that many do not like words spoken/questions asked about the efficiency of our new leaders/government. What most people do not realize is that there is something called as "perception management" i.e reality is nothing but a perception. So, if I can manage/alter a certain perception, in effect I can change "perceived reality". So, if a leader takes a brooms and spend 10 minutes clearing leaves, thats ends up creating a perception in the minds of people about how good their leader is. How do you think America invaded Iraq??? They changed perceptions of people by showing a handful of investigators in white coats, covered in face masks looking for weapons of mass destruction. And lo bingo, the whole of america ended up believing that the president was god sent and invasion of Iraq was a must. The same with politicians cleaning streets, claiming to bring back black money etc etc. During the world war hitler used this propaganda/perception management to get his job done. We are being subject to the same thing again and again. You see, A government need not run ads on Tv or the government representative need not sweep streets. I would be happy if they started to install dustbins every 50 metres in every single street there is. Un till then they can do all this eye washing with big talk and small actions.

Ever wonder why our airports are clean and smell good while our railways stations smell like a guttar??

Rish

I have been following some of the comments being posted about this topic here and I must say that I would tend to agree largely with you. However, I will caution you that many do not like words spoken/questions asked about the efficiency of our new leaders/government. What most people do not realize is that there is something called as "perception management" i.e reality is nothing but a perception. So, if I can manage/alter a certain perception, in effect I can change "perceived reality". So, if a leader takes a brooms and spend 10 minutes clearing leaves, thats ends up creating a perception in the minds of people about how good their leader is. How do you think America invaded Iraq??? They changed perceptions of people by showing a handful of investigators in white coats, covered in face masks looking for weapons of mass destruction. And lo bingo, the whole of america ended up believing that the president was god sent and invasion of Iraq was a must. The same with politicians cleaning streets, claiming to bring back black money etc etc. During the world war hitler used this propaganda/perception management to get his job done. We are being subject to the same thing again and again. You see, A government need not run ads on Tv or the government representative need not sweep streets. I would be happy if they started to install dustbins every 50 metres in every single street there is. Un till then they can do all this eye washing with big talk and small actions.

Ever wonder why our airports are clean and smell good while our railways stations smell like a guttar??
Exactly ! !

TraderPRO

In effect, Waste collection is a duty of the panchayats/municipalities.

In developed countries, the councils provide dustbins to everyhouseholds/shops and the waste cannot simply be put into the bins. Every household should place the waste in the black wastebags and put it in the bin.and, this has to be put in the proper place for waste collection.

apart from these, there are separate bins for old household items and electronic wastes as well. Once this is in place, any household who doesnt adhere to the standards are fined.

The central and state governments has to ensure that the panchayats/corporations are doing their jobs and ensure people participation.Until such process is put in place and followed strictly, sadly India will be dirty. As a first step, ensure your municipalities can initiate these steps by asking your ward councillor. :)

And, with our ward councillors not even aware of what to do other than laying roads again and again, chances of our country becoming hygenic is a distant dream. Only central govt has to rollout schemes.

A sample waste collection mechanism of a council in UK
recycling

Last edited:
People's standard is different when it come to railway station, in an airport it's less crowded and people r high standard,
With the airports, the entry is restricted. Only the passengers get inside the concourse, thus reducing exponentially the load on the infrastructure.