Day Traders Lounge.

Inspiring news here.

Forty years after retirement, IAF man donates over Rs 1 cr to defence ministry
ANI | Jul 16, 2019, 10.43 AM IST

NEW DELHI: It is rightly said that you can take the soldier out of Army but you cannot take the Army out of the soldier. Meet 74-year-old CBR Prasad, a retired airman who has donated almost entire savings of his life to the Ministry of Defence.

"After 9 years I left the Indian Air Force (IAF) because the Indian Railways offered me a good job. Unfortunately, I did not get that job. I started a small poultry farm for my livelihood. Fortunately, I did well," he told ANI.

"After fulfilling my family responsibilities, I thought I should give back to the defence whatever I got from there. I decided to give Rs 1.08 crore to the defence forces," added Prasad.

He met defence minister Rajnath Singh here on Monday and handed over the cheque to him.
............... more
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...-to-defence-ministry/articleshow/70239582.cms

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...hen-you-eat-a-burger/articleshow/70274200.cms

Here’s what happens to your body when you eat a burger

By - TNN Created: Jul 18, 2019, 13:10 IST

There isn't any doubt that burgers are tasty and people across all age groups love to have them. But we also know they are not good for our health, so much so that even occasional binging can be harmful for your health. Don't believe us? Let us tell you what exactly happens to your body after eating a burger.

What science says...
You can count on science to ruin everything. Science says that junk foods are full of calories, fat and excess sodium and having it even once can be bad for your health. For example, a single hamburger contains 500 calories, 25 grams of fat, 40 grams of carbs, 10 grams of sugar, and 1,000 milligrams of sodium, which is enough to cause havoc in your system.

After 15 minutes of your first bite of burger, you will experience a massive surge of glucose. This triggers the release of insulin, which makes you feel hungry again in a few hours. Repeating this pattern can increase the risk of diabetes. In scientific terms, the process of taking excessive calories in one sitting puts oxidative stress on cells.

Having a meal high, which is loaded with saturated fat can be harmful to your health. When a group of healthy men were fed with food high in saturated fat, it was found that their arteries were significantly impaired and did not dilate as much. This restriction of blood flow can lead to cardiac disease later in life.

The high amount of sodium can have a negative impact on the blood vessel.

So next time you have the temptation to grab a burger, think twice!

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Another Massive Gas Explosion Rocks China, Casualties Unknown
By Julianne Geiger - Jul 19, 2019, 10:30 AM CDT

A massive explosion has been reported at China’s Yima gas plant in Henan province, damaging buildings in a 3-kilometer radius.
The casualties are still unknown as of the time of reporting, with some media citing Chinese television as saying that 18 people had so far been reported as injured, a dozen missing and possibly two confirmed fatalities.

Stills taken from Chinese television show giant plumes of smoke in the aftermath of the explosion.

Source: Straits Times / Screen shot from Chinese TV
According to AFP news agency reporters in Beijing, the explosion took place on Friday at 5:45pm local time in the air separation unit at the Yima gas factory and did not hit the gas tank areas.

Local authorities report that all production has been halted at the plant.
AFP reports two people missing and many injuries as emergency services scramble to contain the scene.
"Many windows and doors within a three-kilometre radius were shattered, and some interior doors were also blown out by the blast," state broadcaster CCTV said on its Twitter-like Weibo social media account, as reported by ChannelNewsAsia.
The situation is still developing, but is reminiscent of a string of recent and historical disasters of a similar nature in China.
In March, dozens were killed in an explosion at a Chinese chemical plant. Nearly 80 people were killed in the explosions, and hundreds of others were injured. Over 20 people were reportedly detained by authorities in the aftermath of this explosion, which was supposed to have prompted a nationwide inspection of chemical firms.
In August 2015, a warehouse handling hazardous chemicals in the city of Tianjin exploded, killing at least 165 people. The company that owned the warehouse did not have legal permission to handle the hazardous chemicals.
Drone footage of that photo taken by Chinese TV showed a massive crater caused by the toxic explosion.

Source: The Guardian
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-...xplosion-Rocks-China-Casualties-Unknown.html#

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
TV News :

Karnataka government loses the vote of confidence. 99 in favor, 105 against.

I suppose Yedurappa will be the next CM.
Another corrupt and land mafia to become CM.

Old news but BJP lost bcos of his corruption when Modi won first time fighting against corruption !!

snapshot from 2010-11 news -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12093771

Mr Gadkari told India's Hindi-language IBN7 channel on Thursday: "I agree that to take the land out from the reserved category and allotting the land to one's son is immoral but not illegal.

More here -

https://www.news18.com/news/india/r...eing-buried-quietly-in-karnataka-1404383.html