Datafeed Vendor Comparison

Sincere apologies to @trash,

I did not intend to insult you. And extremely sorry since you took it as an insult. I thought that you are someone from TrueData. I hate piracy and do not like the way people abuse AmiBroker.

I know how TrueData and GDFL plugins flawlessly feed data to pirated versions of AmiBroker too, which, in a way is like supporting piracy and giving freeway to unauthorised users.

GDFL (my previous data-feed vendor) has officially stopped supporting v6.30 and the GUIs in my AFL does not work in their plugin environment, so I was testing TrueData. And the moment I saw no TD Plugin, it just rang the guts in me right away before ringing my brain.

Please accept my apologies and if possible release me off this burden!

Thank you

All I know from AB is that T..... has to resolve a legal DMCA notice first.
Amibroker has recently BANNED TD >>https://forum.amibroker.com/t/truedata-in-will-be-banned-from-amibroker/16712

Amibroker has recently BANNED TD
Amibroker has confirmed that they are not blocking any plugins yet.

It seems they saw an individual using a cracked version of Amibroker where Velocity was also installed and they think it was provided by us. Tomasz thinks that a cracked version of Amibroker gets installed automatically when you install Velocity, or so he says. We do not provide pirated versions of Amibroker or any other software or indicator. I am guessing, Amibroker just wants to show someone as a scapegoat though they are not blocking any data vendor as yet.

When I asked Amibroker why they want to block us this is the reply I got. This is a message he has for the entire nation. (Please note that Team Amibroker is following this thread):-

1579694147091.png

oh wow ,... Tomasz ...

if ur reading this ,.. please go through following.

1. Amibroker is kind of great software in my opinion, but its crippled. It doesnt have required tick data support nor kind of bid/ask rate and qty kind of support.

2. Instead of blaming people for using pirated software, you should better work on improving ur licensing thing, dont u think so ?

3. Why cant Amibroker make something similar to Ninjatrader in terms of free use forever , with limited functionality ? that will definitely reduce interest of pro reversers and ur Amibroker will be safer for longer time.

4. I highly doubt data providers do encourage piracy of amibroker or any other software. Instead u can provide a better experience by doing some tie ups with these providers and make amibroker available to their users at pretty cheap or affordable prices. may be on monthly subscription basis. :) That too will attract many legit users to ur list.

5. I'm no fan of Amibroker, I dont use it anyways. So it doesnt matter whom u block or unblock. People will shift to some free platforms like ninjatrader sooner then u expect.

so my brother, have fun and just chill. People will eventually buy ur software , specially to access ur library and all other things which requires a legit purchase.

Tom, I hold a high respect for u as i have been following ur contributions into TASC mag and also ur very active on ur forum. I at times sneak into ur forums to get my codes (while coding on other platforms, ur codes r very useful). But this behavior is kind of unexpected from a person like u. :) I'm sure u will find a better way instead of blaming a whole country for the same.

Let there be peace broz...

oh wow ,... Tomasz ...

if ur reading this ,.. please go through following.

3. Why cant Amibroker make something similar to Ninjatrader in terms of free use forever , with limited functionality ? that will definitely reduce interest of pro reversers and ur Amibroker will be safer for longer time.

4. I highly doubt data providers do encourage piracy of amibroker or any other software. Instead u can provide a better experience by doing some tie ups with these providers and make amibroker available to their users at pretty cheap or affordable prices. may be on monthly subscription basis. :) That too will attract many legit users to ur list.

so my brother, have fun and just chill. People will eventually buy ur software , specially to access ur library and all other things which requires a legit purchase.

Tom, I hold a high respect for u as i have been following ur contributions into TASC mag and also ur very active on ur forum. I at times sneak into ur forums to get my codes (while coding on other platforms, ur codes r very useful). But this behavior is kind of unexpected from a person like u. :) I'm sure u will find a better way instead of blaming a whole country for the same.

Let there be peace broz...
Mr Tomaz should evaluate 4th point to tie up with data vender and ....

Amibroker has investigated the case and has given TrueData a clean chit.

Team Amibroker has found that TrueData never indulged in any malpractices or distribution of pirated software and hence has unlisted the thread on their forum which initially stated that they would ban TrueData & their email even discussed banning other Indian data vendors in the future. So there is no such future concern of any ban which some users may have had and there is nothing to worry about at all.

Please check the Amibroker forum links from here :

Main Forum >> https://forum.amibroker.com/
Data Sources Category >> https://forum.amibroker.com/c/data

That being said, once again we would like to reinstate that TrueData does not provide pirated versions of Amibroker or any other software or indicators.

Last edited: