Datafeed Vendor Comparison

trash

The new implementation in 6.30 may be that custom pidcodes being unregistered are not accepted anymore.
I just did a test with a data plugin of mine editing pidcode and my upper statement is obsolete. Custom pidcodes do not have any effect in 6.30 in regards to recognition.

So again content of my first post in this thread remains valid... nothing has changed in plugin interface.

TrueData plugin might just be poorly written if it is not recognized with correct runtime version and correct bitness.

Need to start collaborating with Amibroker and adjust to the changes required therein.
That's something I do not understand... why have you not done so in the past already...?
From ADK docs :

It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to use PLUGIN_ID to uniquely identifies your data source. AmiBroker
uses the plugin ID to distinguish between data sources. For testing purposes you may use PIDCODE( 'T', 'E',
'S', 'T'), but for release to the public you should contact us at [email protected] to receive unique plugin identifier for your data plugin. Already reserved plugin IDs are: QTRK, MSTK, eSIG, myTK, TC2K,
FTRK, CSI, QCOM, DTNI.

Right after than you should add (if it does not already exist) the following line:
// IMPORTANT: Define plugin type !!!
#define THIS_PLUGIN_TYPE PLUGIN_TYPE_DATA
This defines that the plugin you are writing is data plugin.

Are you with TrueData by any chance??? And using guerilla tactics....

No, I am the one you have sent several mails to my PM box asking for help at official AmiBroker forum. So I would suggest that after your upper unreasonable attacking response you better do not send anymore PM help request to me in the future.
funny things happens in funny ways :D:D

I just did a test with a data plugin of mine editing pidcode and my upper statement is obsolete. Custom pidcodes do not have any effect in 6.30 in regards to recognition.

So again content of my first post in this thread remains valid... nothing has changed in plugin interface.

TrueData plugin might just be poorly written if it is not recognized with correct runtime version and correct bitness.

That's something I do not understand... why have you not done so in the past already...?
From ADK docs :
No.. We have been collaborating throughout our development phase and we have received help. Their document has these details.

I was thinking this is something new but it isn't.

However, still need to check for changes at our end because earlier versions of our plugin could handle both 32 and 64 bit but this one needs specific plugin for 64 which we have in the x64 folder.

Thank you very much for introducing this new vendor - ticAnalytics is just a start-up...

I just checked and their Plugin is getting recognized in v6.30 unlike TrueData or GDFLs... Also their set-up looks good...

Read your reviews... tomorrow morning first thing I will contact them and sign-up for a Trial, then see where it goes... Also would request them to contact AmiBroker.com at the earliest and get things sorted from the beginning itself...
Hi, Just to inform, you can register here and start using it. I've not contacted them for trial, they have automated all the account related processing.

trash

@trash
Anyways for the sake of your "technical POV" would like to mention that the below runtimes are duely and properly installed in my PC, still neither TrueData nor GDFL plugins are visible in AB v6.30.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.21022
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219
Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) - 14.16.27029
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) - 14.20.27508
The plugin works fine when I switch to v6.20 x64. But I can no longer go back, since I have developed a GUI based Market Geometry System in latest v6.30 x64.

What am I missing??????????????? Or what mistake have I committed?????????????????
So just out of curiosity I have downloaded and installed TrueData plugin in a virtual machine.
And.... it is recognized by AmiBroker 6.30 without problem.

2019-07-28_172132.png

Required C runtime version is 10.0.30319 (as posted with link at that vendor's website) and with proper bitness. But you have installed version 10.0.40219 (as by your upper post).

So apparently that's the reason plugin is not recognized on your end. Proper runtimes seem to be missing on your end. That's why I said it needs exact runtime version. It is not enough if you just install some version.... VC 2008 or VC 2010 or ... VC 2015 ones since Microsoft release updates. Runtime version must fit with compiler version exactly.

Last edited:

CougarTrader

I am not interested in TrueData. How you have installed that plugin is unknown to me. I was rather responding to your remark about 3rd party plugins in general.
I have followed the instructions as mentioned in TrueData and GDFL's website... Nothing more, nothing less....
No, it is not because you made general statement that no plugin created by any AmiBroker user would ever work in AmiBroker 6.30 ("no more Unregistered 3rd party Data Plugins ... can be detected from latest AmiBroker "). What you were saying is that no registered user would be able to create/test plugin for his/her personal use anymore without registering to that posted list at AmiBroker.com. That is untrue.
Got it! Now I understand that the restrictions are only for TrueData/GDFL...
No, I am the one you have sent several mails to my PM box asking for help at official AmiBroker forum. So I would suggest that after your upper unreasonable attacking response you better do not send anymore PM help request to me in the future.
Before any further discussion, please confirm who are you?

In the Official AmiBroker Forum, I have had no PM with anyone else apart from @Tomasz, @fxshrat, @Beepe, @empottasch and @Milosz. They have been thorough and kind gentlemen for whom I have my deepest regards, respect and shall be ever-grateful for holding my hand during my initial days last year and to some specific questions this year too. Codes and self-help posts shared by these people help the AmiBroker Community grow including me. In return, I have tried to answer newbie queries in the forum with my best abilities for the Community.

I am simultaneously logged in at forum.amibroker.com, PM me there such that I know who you are? Otherwise you are just another imposter for me claiming to show superiority....

Required C runtime version is 10.0.30319 (as posted with link at that vendor's website) and with proper bitness. But you have installed version 10.0.40219 (as by your upper post).

So apparently that's the reason plugin is not recognized on your end. Proper runtimes seem to be missing on your end. That's why I said it needs exact runtime version. It is not enough if you just install some version.... VC 2008 or VC 2010 or ... VC 2015 ones since Microsoft release updates. Runtime version must fit with compiler version exactly.
Isn't that, what TrueData's installation should automatically check and install.... For last 7-8 months I was with GDFL... Recently, they have stopped support to latest v6.30 and wanted me to downgrade to v6.20 because of my GUIs which I denied and was trying out TrueData which did not get recognized at all...

Last edited:

trash

I have followed the instructions as mentioned in TrueData and GDFL's website... Nothing more, nothing less....
Apparently you haven't because you have not downloaded/installed the VC version provided there. Re-read my previous post.

Got it! Now I understand that the restrictions are only for TrueData/GDFL...
Did you read this thread to end. There is no restriction.... at least for the T... one. Whether T... is valid company with license is unknown to me... you have to ask AB.

In the Official AmiBroker Forum, I have had no PM with anyone else apart from @Tomasz, @fxshrat, @Beepe, @empottasch and @Milosz. They have been thorough and kind gentlemen for whom I have deepest respect and shall be ever-grateful for holding my hand during my initial days last year and to some specific questions this year too. Codes and self-help posts shared by these people help the AmiBroker Community grow including me. In return, I have tried to answer newbie queries in the forum with my best abilities for the Community.

I am simultaneously logged in at forum.amibroker.com, PM me there such that I know who you are? Otherwise you are just another imposter for me claiming to show superiority....
Anagrams are not too difficult to understand. I am not doing kiddy stuff with you like sending proof PMs. You insulted me for no reason but not the other way around. Also as you said yourself you got endless help (by others and me) already. Names don't matter actually because you owe apology to me.

Isn't that, what TrueData's installation should automatically check and install....
They provide step by step help procedure with link to MS page. In my book that's fine to me.

BTW, AmiBroker do the same for standalone installation of AmiQuote, e.g. see release of 4.0 where runtimes are not checked too by standalone installer but it is mentioned as requirement with direct MS runtime link here
http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/2019/05/23/amiquote-4-00-released/

Last edited:

CougarTrader

@trash,

My intention was not to hurt anyone and neither to insult anyone. All I want is that Piracy should stop and things work flawlessly such that everyone can trade with peace of mind.

I wrote like that because you straight away showed arrogance at me for no reason.

jyotixxx

Hi guys, it's wise to calm down at this point. As a trader, we can't afford to become emotional, short tempered or egoistic. Rather than gaining something out of the discussions, it'll make you all loose peace, nothing else. No point trying to point out who's at fault. We're all fellow traders, Sometimes we are more right, sometimes less !!