Datafeed Vendor Comparison

CougarTrader

Even street-baniyas know that they should collaborate with other businesses because of whom their own business flourishes. Astonishingly, in case of GDFL and TrueData, they SOLELY EXIST because of AmiBroker and did they do anything about that?

I never understood why TrueData went to eSignal to get their Plugin instead of getting their own developed in-house with AmiBroker.com in the first place to begin with. Needless to say, the one that they developed later was supposed to be rightfully invalidated by AmiBroker sooner or later. May be they realized that the majority of their client-base is using pirated copies. So, they even went on to publicly put this on their website:

1564302737182.png

(Link: https://www.truedata.in/feedback/knowledge-base/article/truedata-velocity-2-0-beta-released)

Please do not argue otherwise, as the wordings clearly suggest what you are trying to say, "Oh! my dear pirate Users of AmiBroker, fear not! I am here to help you, even if you are using Unregistered version. I repeat, I am saying Unregistered and not Trial or Demo version which is limited to 30 days only, such that you can continue to use Pirated Versions indiscriminately forever. It is made possible because my Velocity stores the Quotes in a SQL database locally, so, there is no need to save data in Unregistered AmiBroker, you can access it anytime as the call will be made locally".

What were they thinking, that the whole world is deaf and dumb???

I am not going into data-quality because its the same feed that everyone receives from the Exchange and then relays. Question is how it is relayed and to whom????
Just hope that they remain open to collaborating with Indian companies who wish to register with them.
It is very wrong to say such a thing! AmiBroker was open to everyone for all these years and they still are but probably not to you and your friend GDFL. I am sorry to say but the fault lies within you and hope this post answers your query that you asked me somewhere else:
Let me know, what you think is wrong in this and what is the right thing to write to convey the same meaning and we will do the changes instantly. Can't hear anything for Country or Community.
Dr. Tomasz Janeczko is an ace programmer. Over the years what he has produced is second to none, be it TradeStation, MetaTrader, NinjaTrader TradingView and the list goes on. With other TA S/Ws what would take several weeks to develop or mostly cannot be developed, can easily be written within days using AmiBroker. I am not affiliated to AmiBroker (or with anyone) and neither am a pro-programmer but has a pair of eyes and ears with a little of grey-matter between them like everyone else.

Building a project single-handedly with mammoth-size multitude like AmiBroker takes time. No other TA S/W stands near to the blazing speed, effectiveness, ease and cost at which AmiBroker is available to all.

With my little intuition, let me be very clear that for so long AmiBroker has focused on self-development and from now on it shall focus on self-security. And it is my strong believe that Dr. Janeczko will excel in this cat-n-mouse game too. It's just the matter of time only!
We will get on with it. Need to start collaborating with Amibroker and adjust to the changes required therein.
Yeah! After half-past 2019.... All the best wishes!!!

Last edited:

trash

Forget trendlines, no more Unregistered 3rd party Data Plugins (like GDFL/@TrueData1) can be detected from latest AmiBroker. This is to affirm that the situation worsens further.

GDFL - no support
TrueData - same thing

I am sorry but from a technical POV what you are saying is not true. Plugin interface has not changed as confirmed by AmiBroker themselves.

The reason for "your" plugin to not work is either (exact) C runtime is missing or the bitness is different one. Looking at your GIF animation you are running 64-bit AmiBroker. So is that TrueData plugin 32-bit one or 64-bit one? Is exact C runtime version installed?

As for crashes I rather suspect improperly programmed 3rd party DLLs.
Quoting AmiBroker:
These plug-ins are most commonly written by some hobby programmers who don’t know how to compile and ship the plug-ins so they work on client machines.

Last edited:

CougarTrader

The reason for "your" plugin to not work is either (exact) C runtime is missing or the bitness is different one.
First of all it is not "my" Plugin. I am a customer who has purchased AmiBroker license (because of its unique features) and has paid for data services to GDFL and TrueData (before learning the linked shameless atrocities) but only getting unwanted headaches for which I am not responsible at all...
Looking at your GIF animation you are running 64-bit AmiBroker.
Yes. AmiBroker v6.30 x64 on Win 7 SP1 64 bit.
So is that TrueData plugin 32-bit one or 64-bit one?
From this question of yours, I can very well say that you have never used TrueData because if you had then you would know that TrueData automatically implants its plugins in the AmiBroker Plugin folder directly without giving the option to its users to choose. Also mentioned in their installation guide.
I am sorry but what you are saying is not true.
So, without using or knowing to what is happening at ground-zero, making false assumptions and calling someone else "wrong" straightaway is not right.
Plugin interface has not changed as confirmed by AmiBroker themselves.
Good to know that the doors are not closed for all and other developments but surely as of now, TrueData and GDFL plugins are not getting detected in new AB v6.30.
As for crashes I rather suspect improperly programmed 3rd party DLLs.
They hardly even test their program before making it public.

That's what I am saying that these guys are not collaborating with AmiBroker and making excuses for past several years. These plugins are so poorly written (mostly plagiarized from other people's work) that even a sneeze will cause issues. Because of some baboons, although its not my fault but authentic users like me are at the receiving end even after paying hefty fees for software and data every month.

Last edited:

CougarTrader

@trash, you edited your post:
I am sorry but from a technical POV what you are saying is not true.
Are you with TrueData by any chance??? And using guerilla tactics....

Anyways for the sake of your "technical POV" would like to mention that the below runtimes are duely and properly installed in my PC, still neither TrueData nor GDFL plugins are visible in AB v6.30.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.21022
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219
Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) - 14.16.27029
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) - 14.20.27508
The plugin works fine when I switch to v6.20 x64. But I can no longer go back, since I have developed a GUI based Market Geometry System in latest v6.30 x64.

What am I missing??????????????? Or what mistake have I committed?????????????????

CougarTrader

I had been an Ami user from 2006-2016 and didn't upgrade thereafter, not because of the cost factor, but because of the lack of good data provisioning for Indian Markets.
I agree @CougarTrader , Ami is the best of all. But, one can't stop there waiting for reliable data.

I shifted to TradingView pro, and learnt pine script. I could convert all my scripts of Ami afl to TV pinescript, and really I am satisfied as per my needs. The data is light, works across all platforms ( even on my ipad) and very accurate. I don't trade FnO much, so I am kind of settled there.

However, the weakness for Amibroker remains always, so lightweight, so fast, so easy to handle. Whenever, I get to know about a new data provider, I take a trial and think for a comeback.

But after hearing the root issues mentioned by @CougarTrader , I think I am better with Tradingview and have complete peace of mind. Credit to all his efforts but it changes nothing. We have a cracked gene, and it starts from cracked windows, office, kaspersky, photoshop...and what not.

Here is an example of My own afl and Tradingview Pine, side by side:

1. Ami:

2. TV

Please note that one is Bank Nifty Future, the other one is Bank Nifty spot, hence there is a difference in the chart.

Regards
@jyotixxx, the reason for me to use AmiBroker is not limited to Charting only. I rigorously use their Analysis window and simply love Optimizing, Exploring new ideas and concepts along with Backtesting the strategy at the same time. To be honest, no other platform provides everything on the same plate.

And I do not understand why people are so abusive??? They are not only hurting themselves but in the long vicious circle, also making life hard for authentic users....

jyotixxx

@CougarTrader ,

I understand your anguish. once you're with Ami, everything else is just a downgrade and compromise.

I am very sure even tickanalytics won't work there! still since it looks like a month old plugin, can try once on 6.30.? the trial gets activated automatically. just in case you wish to.

Regards

CougarTrader

@CougarTrader ,

I understand your anguish. once you're with Ami, everything else is just a downgrade and compromise.

I am very sure even tickanalytics won't work there! still since it looks like a month old plugin, can try once on 6.30.? the trial gets activated automatically. just in case you wish to.

Regards
Thank you very much for introducing this new vendor - ticAnalytics is just a start-up...

I just checked and their Plugin is getting recognized in v6.30 unlike TrueData or GDFLs... Also their set-up looks good...

Read your reviews... tomorrow morning first thing I will contact them and sign-up for a Trial, then see where it goes... Also would request them to contact AmiBroker.com at the earliest and get things sorted from the beginning itself...

trash

First of all it is not "my" Plugin.
Do you understand meaning of quotes? "Your" plugin means that based on your posts you do not seem to be TrueData developer. The talk was about your plugin of that vendor you have installed there on your machine. "Your" plugin does not mean that you are developer of it.

From this question of yours, I can very well say that you have never used TrueData because if you had then you would know that TrueData automatically implants its plugins in the AmiBroker Plugin folder directly without giving the option to its users to choose. Also mentioned in their installation guide.
I am not interested in TrueData. How you have installed that plugin is unknown to me. I was rather responding to your remark about 3rd party plugins in general.

TrueData automatically implants its plugins in the AmiBroker Plugin folder directly
If their installer installs to 64-bit folder it is still unclear whether it is proper plugin... well since it is 3rd party.

So, without using or knowing to what is happening at ground-zero, making false assumptions and calling someone else "wrong" straightaway is not right.
No, it is not because you made general statement that no plugin created by any AmiBroker user would ever work in AmiBroker 6.30 ("no more Unregistered 3rd party Data Plugins ... can be detected from latest AmiBroker "). What you were saying is that no registered user would be able to create/test plugin for his/her personal use anymore without registering to that posted list at AmiBroker.com. That is untrue.

If a plugin is not getting detected then the statement I posted still stands the way it is... plugin interface has not changed... either runtime is missing (-> exact version number is required not just VS 2008, 2010, 2015 whatever... but exact version number as explained in AmiBroker knowledge base article).... or bitness is different.

Yes, if you want to go commercial with your data plugin you created then you require valid license and have to contact AmiBroker in regards to pidcode. But that is years old information since it has been mentioned in the ADK docs for years. The new implementation in 6.30 may be that custom pidcodes being unregistered are not accepted anymore. But again it does not mean that any unregistered 3rd party plugin is not recognized anymore.

Are you with TrueData by any chance??? And using guerilla tactics....
No, I am the one you have sent several mails to my PM box asking for help at official AmiBroker forum. So I would suggest that after your upper unreasonable attacking response you better do not send anymore PM help request to me in the future.

Even street-baniyas know that they should collaborate with other businesses because of whom their own business flourishes. Astonishingly, in case of GDFL and TrueData, they SOLELY EXIST because of AmiBroker and did they do anything about that?

I never understood why TrueData went to eSignal to get their Plugin instead of getting their own developed in-house with AmiBroker.com in the first place to begin with. Needless to say, the one that they developed later was supposed to be rightfully invalidated by AmiBroker sooner or later. May be they realized that the majority of their client-base is using pirated copies. So, they even went on to publicly put this on their website:

View attachment 36616
(Link: https://www.truedata.in/feedback/knowledge-base/article/truedata-velocity-2-0-beta-released)

Please do not argue otherwise, as the wordings clearly suggest what you are trying to say, "Oh! my dear pirate Users of AmiBroker, fear not! I am here to help you, even if you are using Unregistered version. I repeat, I am saying Unregistered and not Trial or Demo version which is limited to 30 days only, such that you can continue to use Pirated Versions indiscriminately forever. It is made possible because my Velocity stores the Quotes in a SQL database locally, so, there is no need to save data in Unregistered AmiBroker, you can access it anytime as the call will be made locally".

What were they thinking, that the whole world is deaf and dumb???

I am not going into data-quality because its the same feed that everyone receives from the Exchange and then relays. Question is how it is relayed and to whom????

It is very wrong to say such a thing! AmiBroker was open to everyone for all these years and they still are but probably not to you and your friend GDFL. I am sorry to say but the fault lies within you and hope this post answers your query that you asked me somewhere else:

Dr. Tomasz Janeczko is an ace programmer. Over the years what he has produced is second to none, be it TradeStation, MetaTrader, NinjaTrader TradingView and the list goes on. With other TA S/Ws what would take several weeks to develop or mostly cannot be developed, can easily be written within days using AmiBroker. I am not affiliated to AmiBroker (or with anyone) and neither am a pro-programmer but has a pair of eyes and ears with a little of grey-matter between them like everyone else.

Building a project single-handedly with mammoth-size multitude like AmiBroker takes time. No other TA S/W stands near to the blazing speed, effectiveness, ease and cost at which AmiBroker is available to all.

With my little intuition, let me be very clear that for so long AmiBroker has focused on self-development and from now on it shall focus on self-security. And it is my strong believe that Dr. Janeczko will excel in this cat-n-mouse game too. It's just the matter of time only!

Yeah! After half-past 2019.... All the best wishes!!!

@CougarTrader

1) I have updated the text on that link which you are mentioning (unregsitered) . If there is anything else you want to read there let me know as you have pasted & highlighted brightly that link from our website sooo many numbers of times.

2) You need to use the x64 plugin which is available in the .".\TrueData\TrueData Velocity 2.0\x64" folder. Only the x32 plugin is updated automatically. if you are using x64 Amibroker, you need to place the plugin manually. This is explained clearly in the link posted by you >> https://www.truedata.in/feedback/knowledge-base/article/how-to-connect-velocity-2-0-to-amibroker

3) There is no one else representing TrueData but this Id. All others including some you have mentioned have their own views. It's like me telling you that you have been sponsored by some competitors.

4) I don't know why all the anger & hostility with everyone. I guess that is why we see no data vendor participating in this forum - whether registered or unregistered with Amibroker.

5) Tomasz is great I agree. No doubts. There are many users of Amibroker in India, however, there are not that many users of Amibroker also (whether registered, unregistered or demo), to run a sustainable data vending business, that too for multiple data vendors at Indian price points.

6) We have both the Amibroker ADK and esignal emulator. That's a business decision.

7) You are the first person who told us of an issue with 6.3. We did not get this from anyone else and did not even know about it. Not sure if its an issue at all as explained in the previous post.

If you really have a concern or you want to talk more about this you can also email me directly > my email is available on the TrueData website or we can set up a call to discuss your feedback further.

Peace !