Datafeed Vendor Comparison

With motivation from this thread, my search has ended with new data provider ticAnalytics

परिवर्तन जीवन में एकमात्र स्थिर है

Wait... Wait... My friends.. don't jump in say

"Looks like u r with TicAnalytics... go get a sponsor badge stop hiding in the shadows... " blah... blah...

Below is my view :

They support AmiBroker and NinjaTrader...
Website claims to be an authorized vendor (no name in nse site), but they are listed in NinjaTrader ecosystem along with GDFL and TD, NinjaTrader has listed them as their preferred data provider (only 3 vendors from India)

View attachment 36509

I love changes... I took instant trial without any activation support... All of them are automated... Register, Download, Install -> Done... it's like kind of DIY
Yes... they looks different from our traditional data vendor in a way that their plugin interface works...
First, there is no UI, yes they got-rid of the additional window that annoying me most of the time when I start the TA. (I did only the basic stuff like new DB creation, etc... in my Amibroker)

Start-up time is almost immediate and data loading is instant, I can close and start at anytime - This looks entirely new to me.
I tried to crash them but could not succeeded. :(... Someone try and let me know..

Their package and price also looks competitive, don't know how long they survive...

Let me check tomorrow during live market and post further...
Thanks for informing about the new data vendor. I was not aware of them.

It's good for us traders that new vendors are coming to the market. Hopefully someone would offer better combination of price and performance, then the older vendors like GFDL etc. who are extremely arrogant and unprofessional. They take their subscribers for granted because they know there is not much competition out their and client doesn't have much choice. It is like the scenario of our telecom industry, where the top 2-3 service providers were charging over Rs 300 per GB for data, before JIO came in and kicked their butt big time.

Best regards

It is like the scenario of our telecom industry, where the top 2-3 service providers were charging over Rs 300 per GB for data, before JIO came in and kicked their butt big time
Absolutely right bro... here the people's are crying if we do some report... They are expecting us to message as per their wish and likes... No offense to share our experiences right?

If people think that they are good with whatever they have... well... ignore and continue... period.

jyotixxx

With motivation from this thread, my search has ended with new data provider ticAnalytics

परिवर्तन जीवन में एकमात्र स्थिर है

Wait... Wait... My friends.. don't jump in say

"Looks like u r with TicAnalytics... go get a sponsor badge stop hiding in the shadows... " blah... blah...

Below is my view :

They support AmiBroker and NinjaTrader...
Website claims to be an authorized vendor (no name in nse site), but they are listed in NinjaTrader ecosystem along with GDFL and TD, NinjaTrader has listed them as their preferred data provider (only 3 vendors from India)

View attachment 36509

I love changes... I took instant trial without any activation support... All of them are automated... Register, Download, Install -> Done... it's like kind of DIY
Yes... they looks different from our traditional data vendor in a way that their plugin interface works...
First, there is no UI, yes they got-rid of the additional window that annoying me most of the time when I start the TA. (I did only the basic stuff like new DB creation, etc... in my Amibroker)

Start-up time is almost immediate and data loading is instant, I can close and start at anytime - This looks entirely new to me.
I tried to crash them but could not succeeded. :(... Someone try and let me know..

Their package and price also looks competitive, don't know how long they survive...

Let me check tomorrow during live market and post further...
I agree him in a way that, this data vendor trial for me was awesome! I can't say about long term reliability, may be I will post after a few days.
Still have doubt regarding their saying of authorized data vendor. However I loved the fact that just by running Ami alone, I was able to get live data.

jyotixxx

Just to begin with: I joined this forum in 2007, please don't blame me as promoting this provider for personal reason. You are all free to take a trial and decide.

Okay, as I in mentioned in the previous post, I asked them about their authenticity regarding authorized data vendor. Here is the answer:

nn.PNG

Secondly,

regarding speed and accuracy of the data: I compared with Kite, side by side and saw ask/bid very accurate and the quote was at per and even faster at times.

hhh.PNG

As of now they only have FnO and for 5 scripts at one point of time its 799/- . But you can take their trial for 7 days without paying.

Few of my queries answered by them:
> You can use two machines at a time with all different symbols
> Works with AMI trial
> Need not to add/ delete symbols again and again.
> MCX will be launched next year only
> Only two Softwares Ami & NT8
> Works with 64 Bit

I have invited them to join this forum and prove the worth ( If they worth it).

Regards

Last edited:

CougarTrader

One more thing.....

In lieu of high piracy and abuse of the Intellectual Property of Dr. Tomasz Janeczko the latest versions of AmiBroker (v6.30+) would be very strict in regards to any facilitation of Unregistered 3rd party plugins (especially data-plugins). Plugins that are registered with AmiBroker can be found here in this list.

95% of TrueData or GDFL's client-base uses AmiBroker. Be it TrueData or GDFL, they exist solely because of AmiBroker. And they can't even get themselves registered with AmiBroker? Why? Because they know 70% of these 95% subscribers use Pirated copies.... And getting registered means losing these customers....

So, any datafeed vendor who does not comply to basic Business Etiquette their Plugin will simply not work. Periodic AmiBroker crash is imminent, if any unregistered data plugin is found running in the background.

GDFL has already given up. Call them or chat with them and ask whether they support latest AmiBroker v6.30, they would reply back saying, "We support until v6.20 only rest your test and responsibility".

As a Registered User and with the advent of new GUIs in v6.30, I cannot go back to v6.20? Why should I? I have not committed any crime, some thick-headed baboons have.... and still does without any repent....

Anyone using v6.30 with @TrueData1's DLL knows what is happening recently. Even drawing a simple Trendline is not possible..... Also AmiBroker constantly crashes......

And in due course of time, as older versions gets obsolete, if nothing is immediately done by the Data Vendor(s) then using AmiBroker in India will be almost impossible to use.

Don't tell me that you support other Trading Platforms and draw revenue from them. I am aware of what you do, how you operate, what the situation is AND I do not care what you support!

AmiBroker is best! I will stick to it.... Because I know a one-liner code in AmiBroker is equal to 50 lines in NinjaTrader.

Also before starting to argue, question yourself and your own deeds!

CougarTrader

Even drawing a simple Trendline is not possible..... Also AmiBroker constantly crashes......
Forget trendlines, no more Unregistered 3rd party Data Plugins (like GDFL/@TrueData1) can be detected from latest AmiBroker. This is to affirm that the situation worsens further.

GDFL - no support
TrueData - same thing

TrueData+eSignal Method works intermittently only (along with many other issues like no Indices data - don't expect your customers to do all the testing for you), and AmiBroker crashes too often, whenever the internal engine traces any illegal (i.e. unregistered) plugin in the Plugin Folder or an External Data Manager S/W's datafeed is directly not from any of AmiBroker.com's Registered DataFeed Vendor.

jyotixxx

I had been an Ami user from 2006-2016 and didn't upgrade thereafter, not because of the cost factor, but because of the lack of good data provisioning for Indian Markets.
I agree @CougarTrader , Ami is the best of all. But, one can't stop there waiting for reliable data.

I shifted to TradingView pro, and learnt pine script. I could convert all my scripts of Ami afl to TV pinescript, and really I am satisfied as per my needs. The data is light, works across all platforms ( even on my ipad) and very accurate. I don't trade FnO much, so I am kind of settled there.

However, the weakness for Amibroker remains always, so lightweight, so fast, so easy to handle. Whenever, I get to know about a new data provider, I take a trial and think for a comeback.

But after hearing the root issues mentioned by @CougarTrader , I think I am better with Tradingview and have complete peace of mind. Credit to all his efforts but it changes nothing. We have a cracked gene, and it starts from cracked windows, office, kaspersky, photoshop...and what not.

Here is an example of My own afl and Tradingview Pine, side by side:

1. Ami:

jp1.PNG

2. TV
Capture2.PNG

Please note that one is Bank Nifty Future, the other one is Bank Nifty spot, hence there is a difference in the chart.

Regards

Last edited: