Datafeed Vendor Comparison

mastermind007

why are we Indian companies so unprofessional. is it because we pay huge bribes to governments staffs and trying to recover it over many years by under-staffing our organization.

everything is s**t here. Exchanges run by chors. SEBI following mahatma principle (SEE no evil ....). the general public need to buy data, platform, pay tax, withstand the onslaught of fraudulent practices etc etc

Ok. the finance industry has C-Company deep rooted. Why present government is not acting at all.

God save us.
Good question.....

From whatever I have seen, Focus is usually on Cost-To-Company rather than Value-To-Company.

Quality of customer service is not evaluated from the depth & relevance of the response given to client
but to the amount of time taken to get client to hang up.

CougarTrader

Good question.....

From whatever I have seen, Focus is usually on Cost-To-Company rather than Value-To-Company.

Quality of customer service is not evaluated from the depth & relevance of the response given to client
but to the amount of time taken to get client to hang up.
That's the reason why foreigners or foreign MNCs rule us.

Truedaya

You do not need to teach that to me! I know my way around the software.

You need to teach that to your support staff who used to insist (repeatedly) that I must uninstall antivirus and firewall. He was not even willing to consider the idea to add an exception..... We had taken one month subscription and it took us 8 to 10 days just to get the damn thing to run... The support staff did not want to connect to us remotely until we had uninstalled the anti virus.
Yes, thanks for the feedback!

I am guessing you came in the very beginning. Windows has been increasing its security a lot and it is necessary for the same.

These are things of the past. I only brought it out cos you asked.

All good !

Brother you might be knowing him from 12 years or more, but you certainly do not understand the point that was mentioned. Anyone having fair bit of technical knowledge regarding datafeed software would understand what TrueData guys did and why they were making use of the ESIGNAL winros files etc. for providing their datafeed. Did they took permission from esignal and paid them for using all this ? Now when someone else is doing the same to them, then they suddenly realize about business ethics and all.

As someone already compared, it is like crying Bharti Airtel, when Jio came into the markets with cheaper offers, whereas earlier Airtel was happily looting the customers for so many years.

Just like you, I am not taking any one's side here, but your point about TrueData guys developing their software from scratch is totally baseless and wrong information. They stole the code from esignal and tweaked it to work for them, without taking any permissions from esignal. And if this point is wrong, let @TrueData1 come up with the proofs and I will be happy to raise this point on esignal forums and send them the link to this thread. I have been an esignal subscriber myself and understand what TrueData guys did.

Thanks and best regards
I am happy to try and answer your query.

eSignal Emulation is followed worldwide and not only here. eSignal emulators are also sold professionally and are not cheap. This does not mean someone stole eSignal code. It's not possible to steal eSignal code. How does one do that?

It's just that most TA apps providers do not want to give their APIs to anyone anymore and therefore it is not possible for any new company to push the data into various TA-software. Since then these emulators have been made available by various companies worldwide which helps in pushing the data into various apps and not necessarily using the eSignal methodology or only to eSignal apps. GDFL & TrueData in Inda and many more worldwide use this method to push data into some apps. Any new company coming up would also need to use it. The software around this has to be developed by the company and data is not automatically imported into the applications. So there is a lot of hard work involved in this entire process

Hello @TrueData1. Welcome to the forum. Nice to see you here.

As mentioned by @CougarTrader above, many traders have lost faith in your data quality because of the repeated disruptions that you have had in most recent past few months. Can you please shed some light on what kind of modifications etc. you guys have done to make sure that this this does not repeat so frequently ? What are your plans in this regards ?

You guys have cheaper rates compared to GFDL, but considering the fact that the traders could loose a great deal of money because of data disruptions, many guys are considering to switch over from you to GFDL, as they hardly have such disruptions. If you are familiar with some past incidents when GFDL has also faced similar issues, then please throw some light, as most of us think this is happening with you only and not with GFDL.

We have tried to do some comparison between your data and the data from GFDL here in this thread, you can check out past 2-3 pages for that. If you have something to say, regarding such data comparison, then please post here itself. We think GFDL is sending more trade ticks in their live feed as well as the evening tick data email service, which you have also started recently.

Looking forward to more participation from your side on the forum, going forward.

Thanks and regards
Hi @TradeOptions ..

Thank you for the greetings & extremely Sorry for this late response, but was waiting for the right time.

There are many reasons for disruptions & on how we stand as of now:-

1) Internet disruptions - As you may have noticed - These issues are no more an issue since we shifted to our own NSE feeds and data centre about a couple of years back. (Implemented !)

2) Redundant feeds from the exchange - Our recent main concern (up to March) had been that of our lines from the exchanges to our servers were getting disconnected often (at least once a quarter or so). As of date we now have multiple lines from the exchange terminating at our data centre and have been able to implement fully automated redundancy with regards to the feeds coming in from the exchange. We are no more dependent on any single line for the feed from the same exchange. This portion of the network is now fully redundant with automatic changeovers without a single packet drop. We are also continuously fine-tuning this system so that it can be made more robust & resilient with every experience we encounter. (Implemented, under monitoring & always ongoing )

3) Hardware / Networking issues (Switches / Servers /Routers/firewalls) - Normally duplicating the exact same hardware (all of it) helps in ensuring that such issues are handled well and don't result in downtime but duplicating everything is not enough as you need to be able to make the duplication seamless if any one node fails. This involves detecting a node failure with automatic & instant rollover to a serviceable setup. This is challenging when you have feeds for more than 1 exchange wherein only 1 feed or 1 redundancy switch/port/router may have failed, which would not provide a sufficient indication of a failure to the automated system at times. Such failures cant be ruled out but are less existent and preventive maintenance can help. (Always ongoing !)

4) Server-side application level issues - Once a software system is stable these are not frequent but certain updates on the OS (which are also necessary) could destabilize things at times. Also, everything cannot be fully tested on a non-production setup and needs to be done only on a live setup. (Always ongoing !)

So to sum up, we are gradually working on each challenge our clients are facing and hope to continue doing so.

CougarTrader

When it comes to Data facilitation, Order Execution the Exchanges are the biggest culprit of all. They are the ones who control the game - resource wise, infrastructure wise, they stay as minimalistic as possible - but revenue wise "suck" very well. Big firms who accumulates public money in any form further feed their ego - after all their premises are solely used for anything that the retail can do.

Net-net an immense pressure is exerted on little souls who stays affiliated to none and venture on own. No one cares for them! In seven months from now we will complete two decades of the 21st century... When? Will Indian retail have peace of mind.... at the very least some reliable basic facility?

I use AmiBroker. Even after paying more than 3000/- Rupees (around $40) per month one still cannot get Historical and Realtime Level 1 best Bid-Ask Price & Volume. Forget that, there always remain a degree of fear of quotes getting stuck. For several bars, no quotes then a sudden backfill changing everything - now you don't know where you entered, why you entered, where to exit? At times it becomes even worse when system crashes after running a scan or explorer!

Can anyone trade like this? Even the foreign paper trading beta versions are far better....

The Datafeed companies that branch out from the Exchanges are no different. How can they be? Everyone is busy providing "User Experience" at a larger-scale and then show how well they are trying when things does not run as expected. However, no compromise on fees and commissions. Ideally, service and fees must run parallel to each other, but it seems to have a huge spread here.

CougarTrader

When it comes to Data facilitation, Order Execution the Exchanges are the biggest culprit of all. They are the ones who control the game - resource wise, infrastructure wise, they stay as minimalistic as possible - but revenue wise "suck" very well. Big firms who accumulates public money in any form further feed their ego - after all their premises are solely used for anything that the retail can do.
Ever since I posted the above, I have received multiple PMs showing mixed reaction and there seems to be a common disbelief in this regard. So, writing this to provide some more clarity on why we (retail) still can't have Real Time True TBT (Tick-By-Tick) data.

First please go through this article.

Before anything else, below is the cost that NSE imposes just for transmitting True TBT:

(Screenshot taken from REAL TIME TARIFF FOR DOMESTIC VENDORS as found in NSE(or Dotex) Website)

About 90L each year just for terminal data feed only, then the vendor needs to take care of leased line cost + own infrastructure cost + server + software rights + staff + maintenance + customer service + advertisement and what not what not. It won't be wrong to approximate the bare minimum setup cost @ 1.5Cr per annum. The question arises, is there a demand for such a venture? Sadly, 95% of our population don't even know that there exists a market where money is traded for money. Commonly, we are happy with Mutual Funds and long term investments. Out of this, very minuscule of the entire population actively trades, i.e. day or swing trades.

However, on the flip side Banks like HDFC and big firms like LIC, all have their own prop firms, and they all subscribe to this. Guess what, from where did they get the capital to run this? We (retail) paid them, didn't we?

Imagine tomorrow by virtue of correct order flow analysis i.e. Bid/Ask Volume derived from TBT you get to know that a large sum of buyers have entered at a critical price level, would you ever short it? Even if all the RSIs, Stochastics, MACDs are asking you to sell. I won't and neither would you!

But hey, don't worry! If anyone reading this, is in mid 20s or late 30s and live to see the day when your grand-kids goes to college by that time, surely, we will have a solution! :)

Ever since I posted the above, I have received multiple PMs showing mixed reaction and there seems to be a common disbelief in this regard. So, writing this to provide some more clarity on why we (retail) still can't have Real Time True TBT (Tick-By-Tick) data.

First please go through this article.

Before anything else, below is the cost that NSE imposes just for transmitting True TBT:

(Screenshot taken from REAL TIME TARIFF FOR DOMESTIC VENDORS as found in NSE(or Dotex) Website)

About 90L each year just for terminal data feed only, then the vendor needs to take care of leased line cost + own infrastructure cost + server + software rights + staff + maintenance + customer service + advertisement and what not what not. It won't be wrong to approximate the bare minimum setup cost @ 1.5Cr per annum. The question arises, is there a demand for such a venture? Sadly, 95% of our population don't even know that there exists a market where money is traded for money. Commonly, we are happy with Mutual Funds and long term investments. Out of this, very minuscule of the entire population actively trades, i.e. day or swing trades.

However, on the flip side Banks like HDFC and big firms like LIC, all have their own prop firms, and they all subscribe to this. Guess what, from where did they get the capital to run this? We (retail) paid them, didn't we?

Imagine tomorrow by virtue of correct order flow analysis i.e. Bid/Ask Volume derived from TBT you get to know that a large sum of buyers have entered at a critical price level, would you ever short it? Even if all the RSIs, Stochastics, MACDs are asking you to sell. I won't and neither would you!

But hey, don't worry! If anyone reading this, is in mid 20s or late 30s and live to see the day when your grand-kids goes to college by that time, surely, we will have a solution! :)
Dear indian market is just a new born baby. & retail trader have the fate that going to sink for must that's all i have to say.

CougarTrader

indian market is just a new born baby
Have been listening this for good 7 years now.

Knowingly, it is kept that way.... which is not fair... western markets have flourished and expanded because their regulators and exchanges have worked hand-in-hand to create an efficient market...

Our regulators just want us to SIP in MF which is good from the long-term perspective. However, good facilitation for seamless retail participation is a must!

Technological stability is much needed. Commissions, taxes, data costs are not yet streamlined - still its a monopoly of exchanges...