Datafeed Vendor Comparison

Hi @TrueData1,

If we tally the list of real Authorised Data Vendors to the list of Online Data providers, it is self-explanatory in itself, to portray what is going on!

Sadly, this is nothing new! In fact, our Indian markets are filled with copy-cats only - be it Brokers, Data Vendors, Platform developers, etc... This has happened in the past as well. After these many years, I firmly believe, that's how its all structured - the hierarchy of things, the outsourced vendors, the protocols, the process of doing business, etc.. apparently all are identical. You just get the same dish in different plates! Long back, people have realized that keeping masses engaged is a far better pay-off than actually serving them. :)

For example, take the Telecom industry, I mean literally the predecessor companies used to loot end-users. Not so long back (3 years only) I used to pay about Rs.1000/- for 1GB 3G data valid for 28 days. Today I am paying Rs.399 for 126 GB (1.5 GB/day) 4G data valid for 84 days. So, more an industry sucks its end-users, the probability of a disruption becomes imminent. It's a known fact! Another example, that comes to mind, is Ola/Uber taking away the navigational savvy of what the taxi drivers used to hold.

Don't get me wrong, I am neither encouraging nor discouraging anyone. The only concern is that if an end-user is paying for a service, that individual has the rights to be served well. But our markets, even in 2019, still lack that sort of coherent basic infrastructure, forget service! Compared to Western markets, our market is still not free - limited to prop desks and the Authorities only. This needs to change!

However, it is very disappointing to note that people just keep launching different products in the name of "User Experience" without doing ample amount of testing and use their own client's time, money and resource to realize faults in their own products - then keeping doing "jugaad" as per feedback received - the word "improvisation" does not exist in our dictionary. They built a fancy website, give big talks, and in the hindsight do the same exact thing what others have been doing. For the brokering industry, take Zerodha, RKSV for example! Zerodha is a master of "guerrilla" marketing! I am not pin-pointing anything towards the Datafeed industry, because that would hurt your ego.

Hope everyone realizes the direction in which the wind is blowing! You will not hear again from me on Accelpix. I have understood, what I had to! Thanks for your further clarification....

Best Regards
Well said!
Thank you!

mastermind007

Truedata

My grouse with your software was that it expected clients to not use any firewall, not use any antivirus and so on.... Just because I want data does not mean, I want to do away with my basic defenses.

When you are not even cognizant of client's basic defenses, it is but obvious that your own company's security system is bit wanting.

While I understand your allegation that aforesaid mentioned names herein have obtain data from your company in unfair manner,, I do not fully believe that your own technology was 100% ingenious. It was also sourced from some place else.....

Last edited:

rmike

My grouse with your software was that it expected clients to not use any firewall, not use any antivirus
???
Ordinarily, rules can be incorporated in antiviruses as well as firewalls to cater for any desired running process and/ or file location!!!

I do not fully believe that your own technology was 100% ingenious
Its de-riguer to build upon generic open source code. otherwise it'd be a crime to even use MS help example codes

Hmmm ......
Plans for launching a brand new data vendor in India are already conceived and if all goes well, it will be launched by May 2019
New Data Vendor to give competition to GFDL and TrueData etc.
They say they are NSE Authorized Data Feed -
https://www.accelpix.com/
They are going to launch within 23 days, as mentioned on their website
...... Probably a coincidence, I guess!!!

Truedata

My grouse with your software was that it expected clients to not use any firewall, not use any antivirus and so on.... Just because I want data does not mean, I want to do away with my basic defenses.

When you are not even cognizant of client's basic defenses, it is but obvious that your own company's security system is bit wanting.
Yes, both security & development wise, there is always scope for improvement and in putting better systems in place.

Appreciate your concern about the firewall, but as correctly mentioned by @rmike this is not an issue at all. You can easily configure Windows Firewall / Antiviruses to allow an app through the Windows firewall apps.

See this pic and choose the option on the right.

1556722474772.png

sumosanammain

Be
Truedata

While I understand your allegation that aforesaid mentioned names herein have obtain data from your company in unfair manner,, I do not fully believe that your own technology was 100% ingenious. It was also sourced from some place else.....
Beg to differ on your last statement, I have been in close touch with the Owner and developer of TDI for the last 12 years, and have seen him develop the Software from scratch. I would appreciate if you did not make such sweeping comments without actual knowledge of the efforts that have been put into the Software.

PS: I have no interest in either promoting TDI, nor do I use its services, but know him and can vouch for his credibility

One more thing, if you may still doubt his integrity, He is a Fighter Pilot by profession, who has commandeered almost the ENTIRE fleet of the Indian Air Force.

Be

Beg to differ on your last statement, I have been in close touch with the Owner and developer of TDI for the last 12 years, and have seen him develop the Software from scratch. I would appreciate if you did not make such sweeping comments without actual knowledge of the efforts that have been put into the Software.

PS: I have no interest in either promoting TDI, nor do I use its services, but know him and can vouch for his credibility

One more thing, if you may still doubt his integrity, He is a Fighter Pilot by profession, who has commandeered almost the ENTIRE fleet of the Indian Air Force.
Brother you might be knowing him from 12 years or more, but you certainly do not understand the point that was mentioned. Anyone having fair bit of technical knowledge regarding datafeed software would understand what TrueData guys did and why they were making use of the ESIGNAL winros files etc. for providing their datafeed. Did they took permission from esignal and paid them for using all this ? Now when someone else is doing the same to them, then they suddenly realize about business ethics and all.

As someone already compared, it is like crying Bharti Airtel, when Jio came into the markets with cheaper offers, whereas earlier Airtel was happily looting the customers for so many years.

Just like you, I am not taking any one's side here, but your point about TrueData guys developing their software from scratch is totally baseless and wrong information. They stole the code from esignal and tweaked it to work for them, without taking any permissions from esignal. And if this point is wrong, let @TrueData1 come up with the proofs and I will be happy to raise this point on esignal forums and send them the link to this thread. I have been an esignal subscriber myself and understand what TrueData guys did.

Thanks and best regards

mastermind007

Yes, both security & development wise, there is always scope for improvement and in putting better systems in place.

Appreciate your concern about the firewall, but as correctly mentioned by @rmike this is not an issue at all. You can easily configure Windows Firewall / Antiviruses to allow an app through the Windows firewall apps.

See this pic and choose the option on the right.

View attachment 34652
Truedaya

You do not need to teach that to me! I know my way around the software.

You need to teach that to your support staff who used to insist (repeatedly) that I must uninstall antivirus and firewall. He was not even willing to consider the idea to add an exception..... We had taken one month subscription and it took us 8 to 10 days just to get the damn thing to run... The support staff did not want to connect to us remotely until we had uninstalled the anti virus.

mastermind007

Be

Sumosanammain

Thank you for sharing this info. Whatever I have shared is based on direct first-hand experience and after having spent (aka wasted) good amount of money on TDI product.

We had subscribed for TDI because it was the only company in India at that time that was providing Open Interest (live) and INDIAVIX data.

But, we abandoned the whole idea of our strategy after three fruitless months with the software. Usually there were some hiccups almost every other day and we were not able to start our algo routine on time.

Eventually, We chopped out all the advanced ideas involving OI and INDIAVIX and moved to a cheaper
data provider. No headaches about firewall, antivirus, VPS and strategy is net-net profitable.

pannet1

why are we Indian companies so unprofessional. is it because we pay huge bribes to governments staffs and trying to recover it over many years by under-staffing our organization.

everything is s**t here. Exchanges run by chors. SEBI following mahatma principle (SEE no evil ....). the general public need to buy data, platform, pay tax, withstand the onslaught of fraudulent practices etc etc

Ok. the finance industry has C-Company deep rooted. Why present government is not acting at all.

God save us.