Datafeed Vendor Comparison

bpr

Hi BPR,
What about the RT data that we extract from NOW/NEST...your views pls...
if u don't mind the headache of extracting data from NOW/NEST.
then they are more or less same as neo/GDFL/truedata.

But the ticks will not match between them.

What I mean to say the all the data vendors get subset of ticks out of all ticks.
The terminal also gets subset of ticks out of all the ticks.

But these two subset are different.

Neither is superior to another.

blackberry

neotrade plans are now starting 600 pm this will weed out illegal vendors.
And because of competition(Truedata) now neotrade does not charge extra for using multiple charting tools.

Now trudata needs to reduce price to compete ...they are looking expensive and their pricing is very convoluted.

GDFL will also feel pressure.

Good development in datafeed segment
How is their integration with Ninja trader 7,considering to use it.

bpr

How is their integration with Ninja trader 7,considering to use it.
I tried their new all in one app with ami and Multicharts.
It never worked for MC. I see the software has many issues will not recommend.

pricing is great software/support is crap.:(

take a 1 day trial before committing money

Last edited:

Snake.Head

ok I faced this missing tick issue again yesterday
Nifty Futures current month
5 min TF candel 10:50 to 10:55
Date Jun 30 2015

Actually in real time the high of the candel shown was 8348.something if I remember correctly.

Now after reloading the charts it shows 8349.
And I had a SL at 8350 which was triggered and executed at price 8350
I am using neotrades data feed.

as per my My contract note the execution happened at 10:52:51.
So it is not during the start or end of the candle yet it managed to miss the high.

This is serious issue as it is not missing a single tick here and there but whole 20 ticks.

The worst part is As I was watching the chart I thought my SL survived and was completely unaware that my SL was hit, not until I checked NEST 15 -20 mins later.

Please be aware of this issue.
Last time we investigated this issue faced by another traderji user and found no datafeed is accurate.

Also if you are using something else let me know if it captured the high.
Which data feed was this broker nest or paid feed ?

Edit
Got answer below that post

Raj232

Neotrade is Gone

Selling of Public data should NOT be encouraged. Each one of us do trades, however the ones in charge sell to us the same information that we have traded after removing our personal information.

Such public data of total trades, etc should be allowed free by the stock exchanges on millisecond basis.

Only if a trader wishes to have micro millisecond info e.g. HFTs etc, then that could be made chargeable due to data costs etc.

Hope I'm able to convince the retail trader. (it is something similar to phone companies trying to charge separately for data for certain websites, etc) :thumb:

bpr

Selling of Public data should NOT be encouraged. Each one of us do trades, however the ones in charge sell to us the same information that we have traded after removing our personal information.

Such public data of total trades, etc should be allowed free by the stock exchanges on millisecond basis.

Only if a trader wishes to have micro millisecond info e.g. HFTs etc, then that could be made chargeable due to data costs etc.

Hope I'm able to convince the retail trader. (it is something similar to phone companies trying to charge separately for data for certain websites, etc) :thumb:
nse provides tame which is what they are ready to provide for free.

Exchnage are all private entities they are here to make money.

My problem is the data that is available is mostly level1 which is very high cost already and they need to provide TBT data at a affordable cost which is not present.

Unless a new entrant comes in F&O segment which is very unlikely then NSE will continue to torture retail clients.