Datafeed Vendor Comparison

Giraffe

@bpr I dont think true tick data is a necessity. Its something that hardcore professional traders require.
Its not question of necessity, it question of level playing field. Why should NSE give an edge to big institutions by there unfair pricing models. Should an average investor pay them 1 crore per annum for genuine data? Instead of spending money on giving those nonsense animated advertisements on TV, they should first create a level playing field.

Moreover, unless we know what's on offer, how can we know whether anything will be of any use or not.
Only after I downloaded and red the technical specification of TBT feed from NSE website that I realized what truckloads of information it contains.

IMHO:
TBT = Like pure milk from Desi Cow.
Level 1 = Mother Dairy wala Double Toned Milk.

Saari Ghee aur Malaai To Nikal li gayi.
Institutions aur badey traders ko malai wala milk, hum chotey traders ko double toned wala milk...:rofl::rofl:
(all fat and cream skimmed away, Pure milk for institutions and big traders, double toned for us small traders)

Last edited:

bpr

Hmmmm, but it might not be easy to organize such big group buy.
Otherwise, 10-12K per month seems pretty fair for TBT feed.

Another option would be to get one of the data providers to upgrade there feed.
For e.g. GDFL paying 20 lacs for Level 1 of FNO, they can upgrade it to Level 3 for 10 lacs more. For another 10 lac [i.e. 40 lacs total], they can upgrade to TBT.
A group buy for such upgrade will be much cheaper and more feasible.

Moreover, NSE has recently allowed a more expensive feed to be used as less expensive one. GDFL/Icharts etc. can downgrade TBT for there use as Level 1/2/3
Yes it is difficult. It will requires some selfless full time efffort by some and rest part time effort and it won't happen overnight it might take years but once setup we can enjoy the fruit rest of our lives.

GDFL is a business they are here to profit also you will be on their mercy.
I am skeptical of any such deal.

Yes, NSE costing for the data feeds is really high and it will be recurring cost for any player. Guess Neotrade Analytics is giving at a best discounted rate currently for different tools like Amibroker,NinjaTrader and MetaStock...

suri112000

What about Takitpro. They are charging about Rs.15 K as a life time charge (for 10 years). The data is real time live for FnO, currencies, MCX, equities. Also, they are providing their indigenously made software with buy and sell signals alongwith the package (ofcourse, pro traders donot need this fancy software). How about the realtime live data for a price tag of Rs. 15 K for ten years for Amibroker users.