Datafeed Vendor Comparison

CougarTrader

dark pool is not allowed in India.Institutions will not do it without regulator approval and put their companies on the line... that would be so stupid.
CDSL provides services like easiest and there are many other legal ways to do off-the-market transactions... Do you think insider trading does not happen??? A top-level employee of a company when comes to know of a +ve deal or of any sort of +ve news, won't go out and shout it to his or her kith & kins. The dark pool here is even darker... Institutions or top-shot individuals might not do it directly but indirectly its unethically legal like everything else.... I bet someone is doing it right now as you read.... lol

CDSL provides services like easiest and there are many other legal ways to do off-the-market transactions... Do you think insider trading does not happen??? A top-level employee of a company when comes to know of a +ve deal or of any sort of +ve news, won't go out and shout it to his or her kith & kins. The dark pool here is even darker... Institutions or top-shot individuals might not do it directly but indirectly its unethically legal like everything else.... I bet someone is doing it right now as you read.... lol
More than buying on good news, I think Institutions help promoters and their allied holdings companies to offload shares at a much higher price, by buying, even when the news is not good. They will say we see potential for the next 5 years, but in effect, are creating buying and inflating prices for the promoters and their back door entities to exit at handsome prices.

After all, investments do go wrong, correct?
There was no insider trading involved. No news that was leaked. No rumours spread. Many ways to make money, if the money you are handling is not yours. When was the last time, a mutual fund unit holder has questioned the fund house about why a particular company was given preference?

bpr

u r consfusing darkpool with something else. Insider trading is differnet. Easiest facility to trade I wonder how practical it is??
Darkpool is a parallel electronic market where the main participant are banks and hedge funds and other big finanical instututions. Over their they can exchnage stocks in huge numbers whithout exposing their orders in market also saving huge amount in fees and slippage. On top the institutions pay money to buy the retail order flow from retail broker. So the retail order now instead of going to the market end up in darkpool.

TradeOptions

They just launched services.
Will they survive two years?
Remember one Neotradeanalytics or something similar which disappeared sometime back.
If Accelpix does not learn the lesson and make their offering attractive, it is very high probability that they will fail to attract clients and will have to shut down the shop within first year as happened with NeoTradeAnalytics and few other datafeeds earlier.

So please do not even think of taking the annual plan. Wait and watch for a few months about their services and then only make the annual commitment. Do not waste Rs 30,000 like that.

Best Regards

CougarTrader

Darkpool is a parallel electronic market where the main participant are banks and hedge funds and other big finanical instututions. Over their they can exchnage stocks in huge numbers whithout exposing their orders in market also saving huge amount in fees and slippage. On top the institutions pay money to buy the retail order flow from retail broker. So the retail order now instead of going to the market end up in darkpool.
My friend I am not going by the bookish definition of Dark Pool.... I meant holistically...
u r consfusing darkpool with something else. Insider trading is differnet. Easiest facility to trade I wonder how practical it is??
Enlighten yourself... these are few that immediately comes to mind:

The scam that changed India's primary market
Demat scam gets bigger
6,000 demat accounts under black money probe
A fraud exposed

It is totally pointless to compare the cost of 2 years plan for such a new datafeed which has no reliability record of even 10 days. No one knows what kind of data quality will they provide and what kind of service disruptions will they be facing in the coming days. When GFDL and TrueData keeps on facing issues, even after so many years in this business, what can we expect from a totally new datafeed vendor.

Only some dumb ass trader would commit their Rs 30,000 for such datafeed at such initial stage. So please do not make any more comparisons of annual or 2 yearly plans etc. Those comparisons are fair only for reputed datafeeds which have been into business for a few years and new datafeed does not have that benefit. Only the monthly plans should be compared to give a clear and honest picture to the potential clients. Annual plans SHOULD NOT be compared, as that is not practical in this case.

I think @bpr is totally correct. Accelpix is trying to take the clients for a ride by pretending as if it's product is much better then the competition, whereas in realty it is worse currently, as they are supporting just 2 trading platforms without mentioning anything regarding when other platforms will be supported. Its competitors are supporting multiple platforms already, whereas it might take many months before it can start supporting them. It has taken them so many days to launch a proper website in the first place, donot know how long will it take them to support all these platforms. Hollow promises do not work, we need to know the exact date when those platforms will be supported, if they want our money.

And their overall pricing is not at all cheap. Neither are they providing any additional symbols, nor are they providing longer tick data back-fills etc. Even in their PRO PLAN they are offering just 5 days Tick Data ! Why would any trader even THINK about switching over to them from GFDL and TrueData etc. What incentive is there for them ? I am very disappointed by their offerings. It looks like a Flop Show to begin with.

Its better to ask some of their competitor to do a fair comparison of the pricing so that probable clients can make up their mind. What do you think @TrueData1 ?

I really hope, Accelpix guys get the point and make their offer attractive enough for the traders to even think about switching over, otherwise they are looking towards a Flop Start for sure. People will simply take the free trial and then dump them. Their are not enough incentive to take the additional risk of switching over to a totally new datafeed.

I had great expectations from them, but totally disappointed by their pricing structure and offereings. Now, Truedata and GFDL would be the most happy, as the new competition has failed even before it started. They can breath easy and relax. Their customers are not going to jump the ship.

Best Regards
I am answering this as you have asked me to.

Competition is welcome!

However, it would not be fair for me to do a pricing comparison due to reasons as explained below...

@Accelpix consists of all (3) ex-employees of @TrueData1 who are looking to move ahead too fast with all the information they have been able to obtain using various means :p while working with TrueData. @Amaze is one of them.

Yes, they have even tried to source stuff from some of our 3rd party vendors & developers. Also, if you have been our client, you could expect some intimation from them, even without you having registered there.

If anyone tries to copy you, I consider it to actually be a good thing. That means we are doing at least something right, to be able to encourage people to start their own similar thing. :D

But just copying whatever they saw is not enough, there is a hell of a lot more to it.

I don't think there is a vision to move way ahead of any vendor as they have tried to source most of the same things as us. They have been successful, but only partially.

If you wish to do get different results, you need to do things differently... and as they would already be realizing it's not easy at all. They have limited themselves from the start and all the pricing etc. has had to be mainly in comparison with TrueData.

This would preferably be my last comment about @Accelpix on this forum as I wish to use my time more productively in improving our products and offerings. Unless necessary I would like to refrain posting about them.

I wish them luck !

Last edited:

bpr

The fallacy of Symbol Limit Plans of Indian Datafeed Vendors
---------------------------------------------------

This is akin to selling a car for 10 lakh when there is no speed limit.
But the same car with no hardware spec chage other than a speed limit 40 is sold for 8 lakh
Now the same car with no change with speed limit 20 is sold for 6 lakh

Can u imagine the situation? either the 6 lakh priced cars are subsidized by the higher paying customers or the actual cost is 6 lakh and other higher prices are artificial created by the business to loot customer.

The whole rational behind this is odd ...e.g
Trudata Velocity Lite NFO with 5 symbol at atime @ 1270 per month Vs
Truedata Velocity Stadard NFO with 50 symbol at a time @ 1609 per month

So the logic I was told that bandwidth charges for server ..So I would like to know the bandwidth usage difference for 45 symbol for 30 days.

No seriously It is not like I am downloading movies here. Let me tell you this is Mbs if not Kbs.
It should be so negiligible there is no way to justify 400 per month in this day and age where data is very cheap.

Again we have
Truedata Velocity Optima NFO with 200 symbol at a time @ 1948 per month
So now strangley for the next 150 symbol we have 339 Extra cost.

Again lets look at closely misleading marketing term here "Max 5 symbol at a time" guess what I only use 1 symbol at a time ..yes I only see one chart at a time in my platformat a particular time.May be create a new plan for me with further discount then. :)
But no that is not what this is .this is actually a limit for the intermediate program that the vendor uses (not the platform).
So for TD it is TDV application.

so lets say I have 5 symbol plan. As soon as I try to fetch the symbol from my platform ...it will add the sybmol in TDV and then fecth data to the platform via that intermediary program. And as son as I add 6th symbol then it will not load the chart as it will fail to add the 6th symbol to TDV as it reached the limit

But from the charting platform prespective I am still looking at one chart the 6th symbol at that particular instance so my symbol limit is 1 I am not staring at 5 charts at once.Even if I have opened the 5 symbols chart in the background you can stop data streaming as currently I am not looking at them.
Ok the argument here is that chart platform in the background is still fecthing data. Every platform is different which they may not have control blah blah.Got it.
Ok how about I close one of the previously opened chart Will the 6th symbol open ??
No here also you have to manually go to TDV and remove one of the symbol. then only 6th symbol loads.
How about automatically add the 6th symbol overriding the one of the existing symbol in TDV.
No then that would defeat the whole purpose. Many would use 5 symbol plans.

To summerize the whole symbol limit is engineered to f**k the customer from the get go...
Hope the datafeed vendors wake up.

Last edited:
So... You meant to say NO LIMIT on symbols?
If that is the case, they have to have one plan(no symbol limit) and price it HIGHER. :eek:

Again lets look at closely misleading marketing term here "Max 5 symbol at a time" guess what I only use 1 symbol at a time ..yes I only see one chart at a time in my platformat a particular time.May be create a new plan for me with further discount then. :)
Here, your point is absolutely valid. They have to rework the way that fetch data in to TA software.

I am currently subscribed to symbol limit of 200. It is not like I open 200 charts simultenouly in my charting platform all the time. I barely max have 10/15 charts open simultaenouly or even less. there are other reason why I need them
Count... not necessarily what you are watching on the chart. You may have periodic background scan/explore or you can have Real-time quotes open... here you may need live data for max of 200 symbols right?

Everyone (data vendor) had their own limitation on their technology, infra blah.. blah.. that makes the customer to pay more...

If Accelpix does not learn the lesson and make their offering attractive, it is very high probability that they will fail to attract clients and will have to shut down the shop within first year as happened with NeoTradeAnalytics and few other datafeeds earlier.

So please do not even think of taking the annual plan. Wait and watch for a few months about their services and then only make the annual commitment. Do not waste Rs 30,000 like that.

Best Regards
:up: