Datafeed Vendor Comparison

bpr

speed of data is varies the requirement of person to person.if you are trader of thin markets like mcx , you require a 1 second updating data is sufficient and any terminal data will do this one.if you are trading for 3 to 5 pips you require
high speed data.all HFTs are who trades for 2 or 3 pips use Xtrader (not retail version) data charging for 2000$ and same data charge for retailers are less.
so quality of data varies.
finding the exact high and lows are no use.everybody know retail traders keep stoploss at swing high and lows. the BIG BOYS they will break these stoplosses and flushout all the retail traders and then they will enter.this is everyday practice.
so data quality requirement is not common for all.
i am using yusi data extraction from terminal and did not find any difference with
GDFL data, both i compared.i am using data for ninja trader order flow and renko charts.
Ok so where exactly you will you keep ur stop loss?
Will you give 3 ticks , 4 ticks how much gap?
How about when ur position size is 4/5 lots or more ?
each tick u move ur stop loss u loss serious money.

retail traders may not need TBT but do need accurate OHLC which is not possible with Level1 data.

karthik_sri

hi,
can anyone pls suggest affordable and good real time data provider for mcx, with mininum 1min backfill. presently extracting data from nest. backfill is horrible and inaccurate.
thanks.
Hi,
Take a trial from Chartdekho...they provide for all segments at Rs.750/-
Pls note am not using the services of chartdekho...

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Hi vijkris
What sort of inaccuracy you faced in backfill by nest. Please elaborate. Thanks
hi, I am using zerodha nest plus backfill since 3 months for mcx. i have observed that
sometimes whole previous day data is skipped.
and sometimes open or close value is 0, thus damaging the chart in amibroker.
thus i have to spend time finding that faulty quote and delete it in quote editor.
thanks.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Thanks vijkris. It implies that I too have to look for an affordable and dependable RT data provider for MCX.
i don know about others, but while opening data table for mcx scrips, zt nest hangs also. then i reduced no. of days to 10, but nse cash and fno works fine. only mcx is giving prob, don know why...:(