DATA Request Thread

HappyLife

Only 2 guys I think they can help on crude IEOD data ……. (Tradeoption & vagar11) but tradeoption guy missing & vagar11 don’t trade commodity ……… think so…

Anyway @vagar11 do you know how I can get ieod data of crude from google or yahoo as no one from TJ going to provide it.

Only 2 guys I think they can help on crude IEOD data ……. (Tradeoption & vagar11) but tradeoption guy missing & vagar11 don’t trade commodity ……… think so…

Anyway @vagar11 do you know how I can get ieod data of crude from google or yahoo as no one from TJ going to provide it.
Why only 2 guys, there are (were) many here in TJ, who can help (were helping) in providing all sorts of data, but some left, some banned, some are in silent mode and some are not willing to share.

BTW,
AFAIK, Google/Yahoo do not provide data for commodities.

HappyLife

Why only 2 guys, there are (were) many here in TJ, who can help (were helping) in providing all sorts of data, but some left, some banned, some are in silent mode and some are not willing to share.

BTW,
AFAIK, Google/Yahoo do not provide data for commodities.
From my joining date in TJ ….. I have seen this 2 guy’s helping others with data ……. & others I don’t know because I never been on any forum before that…….. so don’t know you are taking about whom.
Btw I could ask you but I know you don’t trade commodity like me.

Sunnyraj

Guys, I have some basic questions related to amibroker data. Hope someone can guide.( totally new to ami)

Basically, I am thinking of purchasing Amibroker, purpose is to test some strategies on intraday data of 1 year for 15 min and 60min tf. My questions are:

1.Among data providers I know of GDFL, saw their site but data is very costly.Also their intraday in basic package is for 1 month. I guess for historical intraday data one has to pay.

So what are the sources for historical intraday data for 60min?

2. Also,the intraday and EOD data has to be downloaded manually everyday for all stocks ?

Guys, I have some basic questions related to amibroker data. Hope someone can guide.( totally new to ami)

Basically, I am thinking of purchasing Amibroker, purpose is to test some strategies on intraday data of 1 year for 15 min and 60min tf. My questions are:

1.Among data providers I know of GDFL, saw their site but data is very costly.Also their intraday in basic package is for 1 month. I guess for historical intraday data one has to pay.

So what are the sources for historical intraday data for 60min?

2. Also,the intraday and EOD data has to be downloaded manually everyday for all stocks ?
If you don't need real time data, look for IEOD(intraday EOD) data providers(there are quite a few), that's much cheaper.

If you looking to validate some strategies, you may not need to buy Amibroker, you could do that that with ninjatrader as well(I haven't tried it, before trying, I bought amibroker license). You just need to pay for the data.

I got EOD data from equalsolution.com, i paid Rs 2000/year for it, it's been working well so far. They do provide IEOD for extra Rs 500/year.

Its a cheaper option to test your strategies.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sunnyraj

If you don't need real time data, look for IEOD(intraday EOD) data providers(there are quite a few), that's much cheaper.

If you looking to validate some strategies, you may not need to buy Amibroker, you could do that that with ninjatrader as well(I haven't tried it, before trying, I bought amibroker license). You just need to pay for the data.

I got EOD data from equalsolution.com, i paid Rs 2000/year for it, it's been working well so far. They do provide IEOD for extra Rs 500/year.

Its a cheaper option to test your strategies.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey, thanks for the reply. About the site that you mentioned ,how many years/months of historical IEOD data do they provide ? Is it compatible with Amibroker?

I'm looking for 60min tf data for atleast 1 year for all F&O stocks.

One more question about amiborker, since you are using it. Is it possible to watch a single scrip on two different time frames on a single screen ? Like I'm looking for multiple time frame analysis, where suppose one pane shows Daily chart and other 60min chart, but both should be on the same screen. Is this possible?

Hey, thanks for the reply. About the site that you mentioned ,how many years/months of historical IEOD data do they provide ? Is it compatible with Amibroker?

I'm looking for 60min tf data for atleast 1 year for all F&O stocks.

One more question about amiborker, since you are using it. Is it possible to watch a single scrip on two different time frames on a single screen ? Like I'm looking for multiple time frame analysis, where suppose one pane shows Daily chart and other 60min chart, but both should be on the same screen. Is this possible?
I've not subscribed to their IEOD, please check them, i have just eod data, that's compatible with amibroker.

I haven't tried multiple time frame in amibroker, sorry, i can't comment on that.

Sunnyraj

Guys, if I download IEOD data, say 1min data for last 1 year, so just by changing interval in Amibroker, say to 60min or 240min or even Daily we get that chart for that particular TF right ?

Or is it that you have to download data for that particular TF ?

My point is if I have IEOD data, i need not download EOD, right ? Changing the TF to daily will help ? As it will have open, high,low,close values for that particular day.