Data for live block deals for intraday trading

AW10

BSE site, posts the data on block deal. Check out the link below

http://www.bseindia.com/mktlive/market_summ/block_deals.asp

Not sure if it is updated realtime during market hours or not. I haven't checked it on NSE site, but might be possible to find it from Settlement section.

Just for info - Block deals are the transaction that has either quantity > 5 lac stocks or value of transaction > 5 Crore.. executed as 1 single transaction.

Happy Trading

rkkarnani

Quoted from the BSE site :

Block Deals Disclosures in the Cash Segment

Members are required to make a disclosure on a daily basis through DUS (Data Upload Software), with respect to all deals that have been executed by them on behalf of their 'client; or 'own' account in the Block Deal window. A trade, with a minimum quantity of 5,00,000 shares or minimum value of Rs. 5 crores executed through a single transaction on this window, qualifies as Block Deal.
As the requirement is on daily basis, maybe we maynot be able to access the deals RT on BSE site. Need to look for alternative.

VJAY

Hi rk/AW sir,
Please give some deatils of bulk/block deals.Ex-what is this and who can use it etc.

Regards
VJAY

hitesh

There are software awailable in which you can set your own perameter e.g. details the scrip in which quantity traded above x or value traded above x etc.

It does not show bulk deal (as defined) but it will show trades as per perameter on realtime basis. I suppose Reliable Software - Mumbai based provides such software.

Hitesh

AW10

Hi rk/AW sir,
Please give some deatils of bulk/block deals.Ex-what is this and who can use it etc.

Regards
VJAY
Bulk deals are generally institutional orders because they trade in big quantity. If they place a normal buy order of 10000 shares at a price level say 98, other players will notice this and they will start buying above 98.. and big order might not get filled. (infact, this is one of the method used by smart traders to fool novice trader. they will put big buy order at lower price, seeing that novice traders will start buying and smarty keeps selling. Once he has sold his stocks, he will remove his big buy order).

So bulk order gives the liquidity to trade big qty at prespecified price, without affecting the regular trades. This appraoch is also used by fund houses to shuffle their portfolio from one scheme to another i.e. HDFC Equity fund will sell stock that are bought by HDFC taxsaver.

If you can find a method to read bulk deals, then can design some type of swing trading strategy around it. Ofcourse, it needs to back tested. This is very strong indicator of the flow of smart money.

This is my understanding of bulk deal. I will be looking for others response.