daSARa system

guptak03

Was planning to trade a more aggressive version of the daSARa system, but backed out at the last moment. But watching the charts today, the aggressive system seems to have merit, though the number of trades will increase. Also, the aggressive system seems to make more (logical) sense to me. So, I will think some more about it, maybe I will try it tomorrow.

None of the versions of the daSARa system are backtested, though they can easily be. I just decided the rules after visually scanning a random charts. So, I guess the daSARa system rules are less than optimum, mostly based on a biased visual perspective (Have u noticed how our biases influence out interpretation of charts?)
Dear augubhai ji,

as you are pure price Action trader why do you use PSAR:confused:

augubhai

augubhai can you share the afl of your system
afl is top secret.. will not be sharing it.
But i can let u in on another secret. Take a random afl, especially anything that is trend following, put ur brains in a freezer, and follow the AFL blindly. Have guts?

Dear augubhai ji,

as you are pure price Action trader why do you use PSAR:confused:
Right now, i am not a pure price action trader. For version 1.0 and 1.1 of the daSARa system i used PSAR. The next version that I am evaluating will do without any indicators. Maybe pure price action?, but not in the way that I usually see PA interpreted.

starscream

But i can let u in on another secret. Take a random afl, especially anything that is trend following, put ur brains in a freezer, and follow the AFL blindly. Have guts?

Right now, i am not a pure price action trader. For version 1.0 and 1.1 of the daSARa system i used PSAR. The next version that I am evaluating will do without any indicators. Maybe pure price action?, but not in the way that I usually see PA interpreted.
i agree with your guts part! :rofl:
need to hold profits and cut losses -- the key to master.

akhill

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

augubhai

On to daSARa version 1.2 today.

Due to yesterday's experience, this will not be a 100% SAR system. I will filter out entries that have higher risk. Which means that I may miss out some good reversals, but I hope that the benefit of filtering out will be more.

Yesterday's loss was due to SAR getting hit at both ends of WRBs. I had not expected a +9K to turn -17K so fast. The other day, there was also an instance of 8 SAR hits in 2 minutes. That is not even backtestable without tick data. Let me see how the new system works out.

It is still the SAR system that I was thinking about yesterday, with a filter to avoid higher risk entries. So, I will continue to call it a daSARa system. (Anyway, Deepavali is some days away :D)

My first daughter is nicknamed Fifa. Can u guess why? :D

augubhai

version 1.0 was good till it lasted... here are the results (after all costs)

Oct 3: +7700.61
Oct 4: +7588.21
Oct 7: +3177.04
Oct 8: +7068.76
Oct 9: +23075.95
Oct 10: -24694.23

Note: Fixed monthly brokerage of Rs. 2187.65 not deducted

The importance of these results is in the fact that they happened when relatives are around. Yesterday's loss is good enough to label me a gambler for the rest of my life (not very far from the truth ;) ). And if i did not have profits on the previous days, there would have been serious attempts to send me to a psychiatrist (which i think i need to do, anyways)

relatives leaving this weekend... so today's results are of key importance. it's like the final exam, which may decide my image among relatives for the rest of my life :p
Here are the version 1.1 results (after costs):

Oct 11: +12739.91
Oct 14: -8514.93
Oct 15: +15562.14
Oct 17: -17844.49
Oct 18: +14311.11
Oct 21: Did not trade
Oct 22: -16972.40

Note: Fixed monthly brokerage of Rs. 2187.65 not deducted

Best of luck to me on version 1.2 :thumb: