daSARa system

augubhai

akhill

Hi Akhill,

I saw ur query... what i understand is that u want to plot BB of Highs, and BB of lows. If so, a1b1trader's response is correct. U just to have 2 BB on the chart. Then go to the parameters, and change the price field of one to "High", and other to "Low"
but I need it in the afl format because I want to use that code in another afl, which I am using to design a system based on BBands of high and low. I don't know if I am clear or not :confused::confused:

augubhai

but I need it in the afl format because I want to use that code in another afl, which I am using to design a system based on BBands of high and low. I don't know if I am clear or not :confused::confused:
i am not sure if i understand, but i u don't want it parametrized, you could use the following code with hardcoded parameters:

//BB of Highs
Plot( BBandTop(H,15,2), "BBTopHigh", colorGreen);
Plot( BBandBot(H,15,2), "BBBotHigh", colorGreen);

//BB of Lows
Plot( BBandTop(L,15,2), "BBTopLow", colorRed);
Plot( BBandBot(L,15,2), "BBBotLow", colorRed);

But in my opinion, u should try out the solution suggested by a1b1trader...

akhill

i am not sure if i understand, but i u don't want it parametrized, you could use the following code with hardcoded parameters:

//BB of Highs
Plot( BBandTop(H,15,2), "BBTopHigh", colorGreen);
Plot( BBandBot(H,15,2), "BBBotHigh", colorGreen);

//BB of Lows
Plot( BBandTop(L,15,2), "BBTopLow", colorRed);
Plot( BBandBot(L,15,2), "BBBotLow", colorRed);

But in my opinion, u should try out the solution suggested by a1b1trader...
got it sorted bud... you gave the correct syntax.. lol ... just a small modification.. I was trying BBandTop(High,15,2) and it didn't work... never been able to figure out why.. its just a 'H' :rofl::rofl:

augubhai

Yesterday's trading left me depressed.... that losing feeling on Vijayadashami day :mad:

I had an MTM of +9000 in the morning, but it all dripped away trade by trade. in the morning, the first trade in axisbank itself had an MTM of +8000.

The other thing is that if I had traded the version 1.0 of the daSARa system, i might have ended in profit. version 1.0 and 1.1 are not theoretically complimentary, but empirical results seem to suggest that.

Today, I am continuing with version 1.1.
Logic: cumulative loss with version 1.1 is still less than the loss using version 1.0 (not very logical :p. Backtesting would be better, but i have not done that till now)