Daily Day Trading Ideas: Stocks and Options - Long and Short Strategies

Yah, I got access to an account HDFC that lets me trade only equities. Working on setting up an account at a better broker and using this for now.

Sorry, if the trades did not workout for any of you. I share my opinions and trades but you are entirely responsible for your decisions, trades, and profitability.

Shorted Karnataka Bank at 136, it looks like an excellent short

http://postimage.org/image/616c0m58b/

It is at multi time frame resistance level. MACD and TRIX are indicating over bought levels and a possible sell off. Peak volume bars are showing buyer exhaustion.
It may go up a little but over all, it is a good short if one can hold for short term.

Last edited:
Took medium size loss on Karnataka Bank. It is an excellent short but for intraday trade, it did not workout, will try shorting it again when the tide is down, close to 140 level.

US markets rallied today with a rumor about possible Romney's win. However, the chances of Romney winning this election is less than 10% in my opinion. So, the markets will give up some of those gains tomorrow in the US.

What it all means for the Indian markets? It is likely that the market would rally. So, I am looking for long side trades today.

I am working on a couple and post my picks soon. Everyone is welcome to share their trades as well.

comm4300

US markets rallied today with a rumor about possible Romney's win. However, the chances of Romney winning this election is less than 10% in my opinion. So, the markets will give up some of those gains tomorrow in the US.

What it all means for the Indian markets? It is likely that the market would rally. So, I am looking for long side trades today.
Obama victory for India : Obama is anti-outsourcing. More VISA restrictions. Markets [IT sector] may not take it positively.

The rumor was about Romney's lead in Ohio, which is not true. Since US markets rallied but futures are in red, we may see moderate green in Indian markets.
You are right, Obama win may not be good for IT but overall, Indian do favor Obama over Romney. Perhaps, it has to do with the muslim population in India who favors Obama.

As expected Obama Wins.

Went log on Apollo Tyres. Also, planning to short Karnataka Bank later today. MACD and TRIX giving buy signals. Volume indicating a flush with that big volume bar and bounced off of strong support level.

Last edited:
Exited Apollo Tyres for a small profit and went long on Adani Enteprises. This seems to have broken the resistance and has good upward potential and momentum.