Daily Day Trading Ideas: Stocks and Options - Long and Short Strategies

Darn, I wanted to short Philips Carbon at market price on the open but could not log in to HDFC portal. Such a crappy site. Philips Carbon was down more than 7% and I missed my entry.

Ended up shorting Apollo Tyres. Surprised that market started in Green. Lets see how this turnout.

Market should turn red, I think this is an excellent opportunity to short. One should be happy that it did not gap down as it allows intraday traders to gain from the drop

amitsh27

hmmm...now that your first prediction didn't work well , so i will prefer to watch first,act later .......hope mkt turns out well acc to your prediction !

I covered my short in Apollo Tyres for a small profit and shorted India Cements.
The market was green at the open and now turned red. Selling can accelerate as the day goes by.

My strategy for today is to focus on shorting and it is working out for me.

I placed the sell order at target price and off to bed now.

Oops, India Cements dropped quickly and my cover order got executed. Made a decent profit there. Onto the next trade.

BTW, I made 3 trades so far in Indian markets and the score so far is 3 wins 0 losses. Hope to keep it that way. On to the next trade.

Last edited:
Shorted DLF at 202.5 rs per share, it should sell off more and may even reach 197 but I will take any profit. I am surprised that the market was able to bounce back.

I dont buy this bounce so tomorrow also I mightl be focusing on shorting the market tomorrow as well and of course my opinion can change depending on what world markets do today.

Last edited:

amitsh27

god knows what you're assuming & trying to prove here....nothing worked for anyone except you...
i'm out of this thread...
you enjoy & keep smiling on your wins ...ta ta :)