Daily average range exploration

gktk

hi all, new learner her for Amibroker and AFL.

Am hoping someone can help with an exploration i am trying to do. ie i wish to find stocks that move at least 50c per day, i know this is different to ATR which is the average over x period. So an exploration as follows: stocks $5 - $20 with a minimum move of 50c per day.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

hi all, new learner her for Amibroker and AFL.

Am hoping someone can help with an exploration i am trying to do. ie i wish to find stocks that move at least 50c per day, i know this is different to ATR which is the average over x period. So an exploration as follows: stocks $5 - $20 with a minimum move of 50c per day.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Is it NYSE or NASDAQ?

gktk

Well preference is daily if the code is not too much to write, as stocks typically trend and then consolidate ie they move a lot per day and then reduce, and then get ready for the next move.

ATR is average true range ie the average movement of a share over a certain period, I am looking for a minimum move of $0.50 per day as an exploration.

But i can do a weekly scan if it is easier, as this would give 5 days of minimum $0.50 movement per day, might be better actually as it the results would be more accurate for the type of stock that really moves a lot.

thanks

singhboy

R = H - L;

Filter= R > 0.5 AND C >5 AND C< 20 AND V > 100000;
AddColumn(Close,"Close",1.4);

see if this helps,tho not sure wat u want exactly

singhboy

But i can do a weekly scan if it is easier, as this would give 5 days of minimum $0.50 movement per day, might be better actually as it the results would be more accurate for the type of stock that really moves a lot.

thanks
No ur wrong, weekly chart means there would b one candle of the entire move of one week. So if weekly candle is 0.25c , it means stock moved 0.25c in one week. It may move like 0.10,0.3,0.5,0.4,0.3 in 5 days