Cyber Security

hauler

Yes,
but people who know about this says that its a complete eye-wash. The requirement is created by babus who are completely dumb at understanding computers or network security. From what i have from people, netra is just using firewall adn router's security features to log the transport of these messages.
Don't expect Netra to use any decryption technologies for tracking the encoded messages. Its a typical sarkari system - budget allocated and money going down in drain.
300 GB allocated to 3 agencies - how more funny it can be ?

Einstein

Yes,
but people who know about this says that its a complete eye-wash. The requirement is created by babus who are completely dumb at understanding computers or network security. From what i have from people, netra is just using firewall adn router's security features to log the transport of these messages.
Don't expect Netra to use any decryption technologies for tracking the encoded messages. Its a typical sarkari system - budget allocated and money going down in drain.
You don't know what you are talking about, do you??

Relish

Yes,
Sir don't underestimate what is written in article but our system only tell us 1% rest 99% under mattress.

Don't forget india did not have any privacy law like other US, UK, Canada etc. which is more dangerous. I had seen many cases where without proof police harassed peopl or some time proofs r tempered very easily. People will be in jail for few month then it become social stigma people never like you. Still if people get out jail clean; no one responsible for your losses money, time, health relationship..

Please correct me if wrong.

hauler

Don't forget india did not have any privacy law like other US, UK, Canada etc. which is more dangerous. I had seen many cases where without proof police harassed peopl or some time proofs r tempered very easily. People will be in jail for few month then it become social stigma people never like you. Still if people get out jail clean; no one responsible for your losses money, time, health relationship..

Please correct me if wrong.
Absolutely agree with you.
Current IT act has become some kind of "coconut in monkey's hand". Police is just not able to figure out what to do.
Reminds me of the case where a person from Bangalore was put in jail for more than a month because stupid ISP, airtel traced back the IP address to this guy for a bad comment on orkut and this guy for no fault of his remained in jail. last i heard this guy was still fighting for redemption and had already lost his job.

http://www.techgoss.com/Story/231S11-Airtel-punishment--Rs--2-lakh-for-50-days-of-jail.aspx

We all know other 2-3 incidents - which i would not like to talk about where people have been harassed by the police selectively. I am really worried that when this monster appears whats going to happen. We have seen videos being leaked from DMRC's cameras. in Delhi people being blackmailed by goons in complicity with police who provide taped conversations of even love affairs.

US had its Aaron Schwartz, but in India it can be used by the corrupt police in unimaginable way.

Last edited:

DanPickUp

Request you guys to cool down and to have a nice cup of tea together. The thread is about: Cyber Security. Request you to remember that and thanks to the admin to be quick by removing the specific post. Thank you / DanPickUp :)

hauler

You don't know what you are talking about, do you??
Einstein,
how about having a small challenge between us ?

lets pick 100 consecutive words from a write-up of 1000 words. both of us will encrypt these 100 words using proprietary encryption technique or if using standard softwares not more than 32-bit encryption and lets see in how many days we can break the code ?
we will provide our algorithm/strategy after we submit the decrypted text.

That's the easiest i could think of.

Absolutely agree with you.
Current IT act has become some kind of "coconut in monkey's hand". Police is just not able to figure out what to do.
Reminds me of the case where a person from Bangalore was put in jail for more than a month because stupid ISP, airtel traced back the IP address to this guy for a bad comment on orkut and this guy for no fault of his remained in jail. last i heard this guy was still fighting for redemption and had already lost his job.

http://www.techgoss.com/Story/231S11-Airtel-punishment--Rs--2-lakh-for-50-days-of-jail.aspx

We all know other 2-3 incidents - which i would not like to talk about where people have been harassed by the police selectively. I am really worried that when this monster appears whats going to happen. We have seen videos being leaked from DMRC's cameras. in Delhi people being blackmailed by goons in complicity with police who provide taped conversations of even love affairs.

US had its Aaron Schwartz, but in India it can be used by the corrupt police in unimaginable way.
Sigh.. I am running a cybercafe, earlier I had two. Closed down one... Ever since the IT Act was enacted first in October 2000, and then later amended in 2008, we need a police license. I can very well understand the "Coconut in monkey's hand" analogy.

DanPickUp

Indian spy system called 'Netra' they have spent over 4 billion US$ on it, and it seems like no one knows about it.

The above message I received a few days ago from an India person. Now I see a posted newspaper article here in the thread in which they speak about funny 300 GB storage. My question: What doe;s the public known about "Netra" when so much money is used for it? Even I have more storage compare to this mentioned 300 GB. :lol:

Gandhar.

Indian spy system called 'Netra' they have spent over 4 billion US$ on it, and it seems like no one knows about it.

The above message I received a few days ago from an India person. Now I see a posted newspaper article here in the thread in which they speak about funny 300 GB storage. My question: What doe;s the public known about "Netra" when so much money is used for it? Even I have more storage compare to this mentioned 300 GB. :lol:
almost all new computers have more space than that....
300gb is a proof that it(spying) was done first by indian govt almost 10yrs or many yrs ago ;)

hauler

My guess is that most of the software is being developed for the specs created 5 years back and no need to say the pressure is on right now to show something since it has been in development for long.
traditionally all of the top class R&D work of Indian govt in defense or security has been done by Israeli firms, but this for the obvious reasons was decided to be developed by a govt agency.
Engineers in this r&d lab earn 30-40% salary compared to their counterparts working in private IT companies.

Last edited: