Currency trading in NSE

Subhadip

Dear,

I want to start Currency trading.
I want to know more about span margin and margin requirement and how much I will gain if price moves in my favor ( per rs).

So please help me with these.

MANISH_DAMANI

Subhadip

MANISH_DAMANI

ations
Symbol USDINR EURINR GBPINR JPYINR
Market Type N N N N
Instrument Type FUTCUR FUTCUR FUTCUR FUTCUR
Unit of trading 1 - 1 unit denotes 1000 USD. 1 - 1 unit denotes 1000 EURO. 1 - 1 unit denotes 1000 POUND STERLING. 1 - 1 unit denotes 100000 JAPANESE YEN.
Underlying / Order Quotation The exchange rate in Indian Rupees for US Dollars The exchange rate in Indian Rupees for Euro. The exchange rate in Indian Rupees for Pound Sterling. The exchange rate in Indian Rupees for 100 Japanese Yen.
Tick size 0.25 paise or INR 0.0025
Trading hours Monday to Friday
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Contract trading cycle 12 month trading cycle.
Last trading day Two working days prior to the last business day of the expiry month at 12 noon.
Final settlement day Last working day (excluding Saturdays) of the expiry month.
The last working day will be the same as that for Interbank Settlements in Mumbai.
Quantity Freeze 10,001 or greater
Base price Theoretical price on the 1st day of the contract.
On all other days, DSP of the contract. Theoretical price on the 1st day of the contract.
On all other days, DSP of the contract. Theoretical price on the 1st day of the contract.
On all other days, DSP of the contract.
Price operating range Tenure upto 6 months +/-3 % of base price.
Tenure greater than 6 months +/- 5% of base price.
Position limits Clients higher of 6% of total open interest or USD 10 million higher of 6% of total open interest or EURO 5 million higher of 6% of total open interest or GBP 5 million higher of 6% of total open interest or JPY 200 million
Trading Members higher of 15% of the total open interest or USD 50 million higher of 15% of the total open interest or EURO 25 million higher of 15% of the total open interest or GBP 25 million higher of 15% of the total open interest or JPY 1000 million
Banks lower of 15% of the total open interest or USD 100 million higher of 15% of the total open interest or EURO 50 million higher of 15% of the total open interest or GBP 50 million higher of 15% of the total open interest or JPY 2000 million
Initial margin SPAN Based Margin
Extreme loss margin 1% of MTM value of gross open position 0.3% of MTM value of gross open position 0.5% of MTM value of gross open position 0.7% of MTM value of gross open position
Calendar spreads Rs.400 for spread of 1 month
Rs.500 for spread of 2 months
Rs.800 for spread of 3 months
Rs.1000 for spread of 4 months and more Rs.700 for spread of 1 month
Rs.1000 for spread of 2 months
Rs.1500 for spread of 3 months and more Rs.1500 for spread of 1 month
Rs.1800 for spread of 2 months
Rs.2000 for spread of 3 months and more Rs.600 for spread of 1 month
Rs.1000 for spread of 2 months
Rs.1500 for spread of 3 months and more
Settlement Daily settlement : T + 1
Final settlement : T + 2
Mode of settlement Cash settled in Indian Rupees
Daily settlement price
(DSP) Calculated on the basis of the last half an hour weighted average price.
Final settlement price
(FSP) RBI reference rate RBI reference rate Exchange rate published by RBI in its Press Release captioned RBI reference Rate for US$ and Euro Exchange rate published by RBI in its Press Release captioned RBI reference Rate for US$ and Euro

MANISH_DAMANI

I have traded 2-3 times at RKG its between 1200-1500 per lot margin in USD. For rest ask your broker. For lot size see upside post.

Steve

I trade USDINR, the margins would depend on your trading. I have accounts with VNS and Angel, VNS gives 2 times
margins for intraday(futures) and 1 time for position trades. For USDINR todays margins are Rs 800/- for intraday, and
approx 1600/-for positions, per lot. Margins are subject to changes and depend on brokers too.
When trading, for every one paisa movement or four tick the amount is Rs 10/-, or Rs 2.50 per tick.
eg.; USDINR buy 54.20, Sell 54.25, gain 5 paisa, gross profit is 5x10 =Rs 50/- per Lot.
I hope this is clear and helps.

Subhadip

:thumb::clap::clapping:
I trade USDINR, the margins would depend on your trading. I have accounts with VNS and Angel, VNS gives 2 times
margins for intraday(futures) and 1 time for position trades. For USDINR todays margins are Rs 800/- for intraday, and
approx 1600/-for positions, per lot. Margins are subject to changes and depend on brokers too.
When trading, for every one paisa movement or four tick the amount is Rs 10/-, or Rs 2.50 per tick.
eg.; USDINR buy 54.20, Sell 54.25, gain 5 paisa, gross profit is 5x10 =Rs 50/- per Lot.
I hope this is clear and helps.