CSV file reader for BSE bhavcopy...

Hi,
i downloaded bhavcopy from BSE site, but it is in CSV format. I found one post on this site saying a reader for CSV is available at site
http://www.bhavyait.co.in/products/products.html
But Norton s/w gave message that this is a fraudlent site and exit from it. Sometimes it gives false positives, so please tell me if above site is genuine.
Also please tell me if any free CSV reader is available is anywhere else.
How do you guys read the BSE bhavcopy?
Please help.
Thank you.

Thank you rohit but the problem is I have MS Excel viewer 2003 which says it cant open files of this type. Seems I need to buy Excel.Any suggestions?

CSV (Comma separated Values) is a text file where in each value is separated (delimited) with comma, and each record is in a new line (separated by a CR+LF).

now you can rename the file as text file ( file.CSV to file .TXT) and open in a text editor viz. Notepad or Wordpad.

there are some free 'CSV file readers' and 'CSV to excel file Converters' available in internet you may search for them

Regards,
Tapaswi.S

Last edited:
Nice workaround Tapaswi, thank you, its working.
When I download the bhavcopy in dbf format from NSE I open it in a dbf viewer that I got from some site(guess download.com). The advantage is I can view it better in coloumns and most importantly I can hide unwanted coloumns so that just 2 or 3 coloumns remain and then its easy to compare prices for few days.
Unfortunately its not possible in txt format.And though google gives results for CSV readers, I prefer not to download unless I know its a genuine site as downloads are an easy way to put spyware , viruses , keylogger and all other malware on your comp.
Regsrds.

Right click the file.

Select Open With>Choose Program>

select notepad from the list

click "always use the selected progrm to open this kind of file"

click. ok

Now onwords whenever you double click any csv file, it'll open without any problem. you dont even have to rename it as txt.

pkjha30

hi mak

csv file is nothing but a text file with csv extension and values are delimited(i.e. seperated by) Comma(","). You can open it in excel or Notepad or wordpad or any file that reads text files. Just follow instruction by Omkar.

You can also download openoffice.org and install it, no need to purchase costly office software.. It will open csv file in spreadsheet. It is compatible with ms Office documents as well.Just google and you will find the link.

Pankaj:)