CRUDE MINI intra day trades based on 5 min chart

rh6996

After having a look at charts of Mini Crude since July 2015, I am a bit confident to trade it profitably intraday. Trades based on Pivots and Supertrend combination. Trying my hand with 5 mini lots only. Shall update my diary asap.
As of now using zerodha chart in Pi later may think of metastock. Dont have Ami and also need to learn it from scratch as never even saw it.

I am already trading crude positional 10 mini lots as per EOD chart and was trying my hand at muthu's calls! He is disciplined and follows the rules very strictly. However at times his calls do not seem okay to my novice mind.
Though he SELL at 'resistance' but when mkt remains in a range and slowly comes down and still when we sell at higher level, my feeling is: are we not shorting a rising market?
Muthu has been right more number of times than wrong and knows his strategy well so its not a complaint, just my mind set that does not allow me to SELL when mkt rises after consolidation. I would prefer shorting it only after an up move it again is sideways.... anyways, I hardly have much knowledge about TA but enough to 'follow' others. But trying that small knowledge to trade small quantity!
My main fear is my RR ratio but the same seems to do fine as my win loss ratio is good!
I am trading from today, 16th Aug ! Shall trade only 2 lots today.

rh6996

Trade 1 16 Aug 2016
Short at 3034, SL (SAR) @ 3047 Target 10 points
Short triggerred !
SL hit and reversed to long at 3047, SL 3030 Target to cover loss of first trade.
Exited long at 3060.
Now SAR was at 3053 till the high was not taken out !

Up move continued and did a high of ~3080! SAR level became void.

SAR now at 3048!

marimuthu13

After having a look at charts of Mini Crude since July 2015, I am a bit confident to trade it profitably intraday. Trades based on Pivots and Supertrend combination. Trying my hand with 5 mini lots only. Shall update my diary asap.
As of now using zerodha chart in Pi later may think of metastock. Dont have Ami and also need to learn it from scratch as never even saw it.

I am already trading crude positional 10 mini lots as per EOD chart and was trying my hand at muthu's calls! He is disciplined and follows the rules very strictly. However at times his calls do not seem okay to my novice mind.
Though he SELL at 'resistance' but when mkt remains in a range and slowly comes down and still when we sell at higher level, my feeling is: are we not shorting a rising market?
Muthu has been right more number of times than wrong and knows his strategy well so its not a complaint, just my mind set that does not allow me to SELL when mkt rises after consolidation. I would prefer shorting it only after an up move it again is sideways.... anyways, I hardly have much knowledge about TA but enough to 'follow' others. But trying that small knowledge to trade small quantity!
My main fear is my RR ratio but the same seems to do fine as my win loss ratio is good!
all the best Mam...

gkpc

I think you are making a mistake abandoning Marimuthu as he may or may not generate profits for you but surely give a solid lesson in discipline that you yourself have confessed elsewhere that you need it much! :p
Seems todays loss in trade have made you take this decision.
Are you actually trading these levels mentioned here?

marimuthu13

I think you are making a mistake abandoning Marimuthu as he may or may not generate profits for you but surely give a solid lesson in discipline that you yourself have confessed elsewhere that you need it much! :p
hi
i am not seeing any abandon here as she say what she feels so..she is right at her point of view..

rh6996

What you say must be correct as per your perspective but every individual has his/her own mental setup/makeup !
When I take a trade that does not suit me mentally and When I make profit in that Muthu's call I think, I traded his call so I made a profit and when I lose on his call I say: Muthu ne nuksaan kara diya! All debit is his and all credit is mine and more so when I take a trade against my comfort zone.
As muthu has very kindly responded to your post by saying there is no abandon here! Surely there isnt, I shall continue to follow him very closely, may or may not trade!