Cricket victory on a stockmarket pitch

sh50

The Australians needed just 107 runs to win and the victory came as a pleasant bolt from the blue- I dont know whether to call it a breakout or a trend reversal.

Non regular bowler Michael Clarke took 6 for 9. That is something like me beating Traderji or Creditviolet on an extremely volatile day. What a thought. I have seen youngish boys of 25-30 years doing good full time trading without bothering too much about technicals and have read about well qualified people fail in accordance to that wonderful post Why professionals lose in the market"

All Test cricketers say that this is not an ideal test cricket pitch. With the match getting over in 2 and a quarter days and so many wickets falling, the pitch was as unpredictable as the market. Somebody opined that even the bowler did not know where the ball would turn. You can't get any closer to the market scenario.

In Nagpur, the pitch was not to our liking. Just imagine how good it could be if we could choose the market- bearish, bullish or rangebound., Its so tough for us and people call us gamblers. Even in the Investor camp, Ramesh Dhamani lambasted traders.
This was like a one day match. I quote Kapil Dev, One dayers can make you lose your natural ability as a player because you are under constant pressure and worry. Traderji, will regular trading adversly affect our ability to invest? That's like falling from frying pan into the fire. I think intra-day trading would be good mental training for aspiring one day cricketers. Considering what some of them go through after cricket life, it may come in handy. I am sure cricketers will appreciate us instead of vice-versa. There is also a direct monetary implication for us.

Us poor traders specially day traders have to go through this day in day out. I read somewhere about foreign exchange traders suffering a burnout. We provide liquidity to the market. Unsung heros, thats us.

Bowler Harbajajhan singh said in the morning that he misses Saurav Ganguly. Well I miss Mandira. I also miss Creditviolet. He has not been very regular lately. At this rate, we will have to shout We want Creditviolet. If I may add (addressed to Credit)

If poetic praise makes you morose
Like others, I can offer praise in prose
Had this been a live interaction and you a lady, I would have offered you a rose.
The thought of offending somebody like you never ever arose.

Last edited:
My, my sh 50! what eloquent praise in verse,
Don't misread me `cause I may sound too terse;
You guys sure look too hung up on the bourses and all,
Let down your hair sometimes and go out and have a ball. :)

Our cricket victory in the 4th Test yesterday @ Mumbai yesterday was, as I said a VICTORY. Pride for all us Indian fans (well detailed by sh 50) & really, no scope for any analogies with trading on the bourses. :cool:

Apologies to anyone offended as no offence meant on my part, humble greenhorn trader that I am. :)

sh50

Victories are always wonderful. The pitch was the same for both the teams.

As far as analogies go. There are connections of most things with other things-one needs eyes to see it thouh I may go overboard at times-hyperbole, my boy, poetic license you know.

There is a lot of finesse in your poetry. Have you displayed your poetry on some website, Jaideep? I would like to read more. Nice to have somebody like you on the forum.

sh50 said:
As far as analogies go. There are connections of most things with other things-one needs eyes to see it thouh I may go overboard at times-hyperbole, my boy, poetic license you know.

There is a lot of finesse in your poetry. Have you displayed your poetry on some website, Jaideep? I would like to read more. Nice to have somebody like you on the forum.
Could'nt disagree with you on this ol' chap,
It's me perhaps who needs the slap;
I really did'nt mean to point a finger,
How can I when you're a real humdinger.

The Bard that you are you will sure understand
that Greats are made by God's own hand;
Poets and such are as rare as they come
and I sure do not count in this precious sum.

In poetry and prose I do indulge
at times, this I'll squarely to you divulge;
But nothing of the kind that qualifies to get
onto a website for now, ... just not yet.

sh50

I was just generally finding patterns between things. Good training for TA.

Though I may not be the best judge you seem to be both natural and classy.If and when you decide to post your poems, my favorite websites are www.poetsindia and www.authorsden.com. There must be lots of other sites. Romantic poems alone have a semblence of a market-you should do well; I can be naughty but not classy like you. Good to have somebody who can reciprocate poetically.