Creating a trading system from scratch

How many lines of code you are comfortable with

• Total voters
Yeps! Missed it. Could you kindly update the latest file with you?
Replace
Python:
twofa_form.find_elements_by_tag_name('input')[0].send_keys(answer)
twofa_form.find_elements_by_tag_name('input')[1].send_keys(answer)
with
Code:
twofa_form.find_elements_by_tag_name('input')[0].send_keys(answer)
Just remove the second line and replace answer with PIN.
For automatic login and shutdown, you must have a virtual machine. I use Linux on GCS to do this task instead of Windows. Do you want something similar?
And I could just place orders one time only; for constant monitoring, you need Kite API (or other API in case of other brokerages)
I have been gettting this error...??

Attachments

UberMachine

Are you using same method how has it been treating you ,have you followed it consistently if so please share some results if you maintain them

Masterr whats cooking these days
here is something going on related to algo in india
Sent to inbox
I may be skeptic but most of the algo systems out there aren't suited for retail traders (I include traders even with 20 lakhs). Algo trading software for retailers are automation software packed in the form of algo software. We may have a good, nice discussion about this.
According to my philosophy, a proper algo software must
  1. be open-source or atleast I must be able to drill down into finer details of how things work
  2. rich set of metrics and risk evaluation
  3. be able to simulate a lot of scenarios
  4. have bare-bones programming development so that I could understand what each step does
  5. simpler building blocks to build upon
  6. performance evaluation when a strategy is taken live
  7. highly customizable and using our own data
  8. have machine learning support
I deliberately left our order execution since its the most easy part that could be outsourced to a trained fellow. Execution and data reliability becomes the key when your timeframe is low else they don't matter a lot.

Most algo conventions, (I haven't attended even one of them but just seen the videos) are for experienced traders or professionals who are already making money. A lot of importance would be given to risk and position management but this is such a difficult thing to put in a few slides. Most of things in these conventions are public knowledge (you may still gain valuable knowledge though) and I am not a fan of indicators trading; if you can algo, then why not look at price and volume directly instead of dabbling with indicators

UberMachine

Are you using same method how has it been treating you ,have you followed it consistently if so please share some results if you maintain them

Masterr whats cooking these days
here is something going on related to algo in india
Sent to inbox
My results
oct 2018 - dec 2018 = -18% (loss)
jan 2019 - mar 2019 = 40%
apr 2019 - may 7th = 10%

And my actual results are 72% of my expected results and I do some tweaks to this method by adding better filters
You can always backtest my method to see the results are positive

For all, the present system may now work also with intraday data (the setup is ready may take a week to make it fully operational)

.So if more people are interested, I may continue posting about it. With this you could do things like, if gap up open and price less than open at 9:30, buy with a stop loss of 1 and exit at 11:00
Master i am always ready to test
Sooner or later we all realise that human emotions override intelligence:D slow and steady wins the race and people who dont understand how much risk should be taken and what can be lost will sooner or later blow their account
Master i see you will be running a blackbox algo firm soon:p charging 25% of profits ,please guide us till then

Last edited:

Raj232

My results
oct 2018 - dec 2018 = -18% (loss)
jan 2019 - mar 2019 = 40%
apr 2019 - may 7th = 10%

And my actual results are 72% of my expected results and I do some tweaks to this method by adding better filters
You can always backtest my method to see the results are positive
Sirji, your work is good, keep it up !!
If it is robust system, then there are many on this forum to help with trading tweaks :)