Creating a trading system from scratch

How many lines of code you are comfortable with

• Total voters

Raj232

You can either add target or stop loss not both to the system because we don't know which would hit first. If you want to add target, just mentions stop_loss in negative such as stop_loss=-3
@UberMachine : I just stumbled on this tread and seen that you techies have made some progress in using automated tools.
Is there a video, that you guys have got (maybe youtube) or some summary writeup posted somewhere.. It would be great for all traders.
I would like to contribute to such automation projects wherever possible. Thanks in advance !! :)

You can either add target or stop loss not both to the system because we don't know which would hit first. If you want to add target, just mentions stop_loss in negative such as stop_loss=-3
well thanks for reply i just wanted a 1:2 risk to reward ratio it doesnt matter if it hit stoploss or target because many time at the end of the day reward get reduced alot because of pullback and risk(stoploss gets hit) so risk remains the same but the reward gets reduce...!!!

UberMachine

well thanks for reply i just wanted a 1:2 risk to reward ratio it doesnt matter if it hit stoploss or target because many time at the end of the day reward get reduced alot because of pullback and risk(stoploss gets hit) so risk remains the same but the reward gets reduce...!!!
Then you could try with a negative stop loss to see if the target is hit else you end up at the close price (beware: without stop loss, you could run into margin problems if you are leveraging more)

Could you kindly specify the exact requirement?
Did you want your entire setup to be automated or just specific parts of it?
Just instead of keeping the PC on the whole day wanted to turn it off n be still able to push the orders......and zerodha has changed the 2fa questions to pin so can you please tell me the changes needed to be done in order execution file

UberMachine

Just instead of keeping the PC on the whole day wanted to turn it off n be still able to push the orders......and zerodha has changed the 2fa questions to pin so can you please tell me the changes needed to be done in order execution file
Yeps! Missed it. Could you kindly update the latest file with you?
Replace
Python:
twofa_form.find_elements_by_tag_name('input')[0].send_keys(answer)
twofa_form.find_elements_by_tag_name('input')[1].send_keys(answer)
with
Code:
twofa_form.find_elements_by_tag_name('input')[0].send_keys(answer)
Just remove the second line and replace answer with PIN.
For automatic login and shutdown, you must have a virtual machine. I use Linux on GCS to do this task instead of Windows. Do you want something similar?
And I could just place orders one time only; for constant monitoring, you need Kite API (or other API in case of other brokerages)

Nice. Do you run a Windows or Linux machine (I use a linux set up).
If you use Windows, you can try out task scheduler. In case of linux, you must use crontab.
Both are possible. I personally use linux for hands-free log in.
But is there a tutorial for it how to configure it...p.s i have windows