Creating a Trading Journal.

godfather

Hi TJs,

In Excel, I'm attempting to create a journal. Please make any suggestions. I will post the sheet once I finish it. All kinds of suggestions are welcome. Maintain a physical journal, but now is the time to transition to a digital one.

1672073281268.png

1672073335278.png

It's been a long time. Bumping to see the development. I always wanted a good journal for my trades. Currently using one made with Google sheets...a simple one without summary or graphs. I would love to see my progress by day ,week,and months.

godfather

Finally coming down to something I wanted.. let see how this goes..I am very slow... May be slowest... So many ideas are taken from other sheets...ultimate aim is to have control of the sheet. ;)

1680236228821.png

1680236272669.png

1680236451144.png

trendtrade

niftytrader12
Congrats for your progress. The sheets look good.

When you say that you are slow, is it because you loose the interest in the particular project and stop making progress into it, or if there are some other reasons for this?

Thanks

godfather

Congrats for your progress. The sheets look good.

When you say that you are slow, is it because you loose the interest in the particular project and stop making progress into it, or if there are some other reasons for this?

Thanks
there are other reasons like I am doing day trading as well stock studies etc and spent most of the time doing those and rest I like spend time with my family etc.. this is like slow burning because I am learning as well...and u can see that I have shifted to google sheets from execl as well...:)

Hi TJs,

In Excel, I'm attempting to create a journal. Please make any suggestions. I will post the sheet once I finish it. All kinds of suggestions are welcome. Maintain a physical journal, but now is the time to transition to a digital one.

View attachment 48657

View attachment 48658
To create a digital trading journal in Excel, use separate worksheets for each instrument or strategy and include columns for date, time, entry and exit prices, trade size, profit/loss, notes, and comments. Consider using conditional formatting and summary statistics to analyze your performance over time, and automate data entry with macros or scripts. Keep your journal secure with strong passwords and backups, and supplement it with a physical journal for non-quantitative data.