cpu usage is 100%

Einstein

Try this.

1. Type msconfig.exe in RUN
2. Go to SERVICES and click on HIDE ALL MICROSOFT SERVICES, then click disable all,
- this will disable all programs which starts when your turnon your laptop/desktop except essential microsoft services,
- additional, click on services related to your antivirus and firewall program.
3. click on startup, disable all except antivirus
4. click apply, and Okay and reboot your system.

this should resolve your issue with excessive cpu usage and try to upgrade RAM to upto 8 GIG.

a1b1trader

sometimes, when you are using 2 real time data sources ,like one for NSE and another for Commodities, you will end up using atleast 60-70 % of CPU space. Using Amiborker or other charting tools will take up another 10-15 % and ODIN / Nest trader takes away 10-20 %. So you are maxed out on cpu.
Check out f you stiation is like what I mentioned above. Also check if you have microsoft essentials/ security, that uses up lot of cpu space a sit tries to check each of the above for malicious usage.

Best is to open task manager/ performance tab, sort by CPU utilization by clicking on the tab header and see what uses most space. That will give you a starting space
Hi

I am also facing this 100% CPU usage problem since sometime.
During normal working there is no problem.

But during market time, CPU shows 100% usage. I use following during market time
1. Amibroker
2. Odin Diet
3. Odin2Ami Free by aamaadmisoftware
4. NOW

The usage keeps on changing between these 4. Maximum usage is by NOW
Is it normal or is there something I can do to resolve it.

Secondly my NOW platform always lags behind actual time. I am using MTNL broadband service 512 MB unlimited plan. Even using a data card (3G dongle) does not solve this. I may add there is no time lag in computer watch or otherwise. Odin runs with time and there is no time lag.

NOW platform remains lag behind even if I do not open other SW/tools and run only NOW and the problem persists whether I use MTNL line or data card, while using only NOW and nothing else.

An interesting fact is, when I use same MTNL line or dongle on a laptop, there is no time lag.

Any solution for this problem

Thanks

narayan78

bhai, u didn't mention your OS I suppose it would be XP.

XP GOING TO BE OBSOLETE LINK

there may be two reasons,

!. virus or malware issue.

2. programs which seeks updates through internet which not updated for any obvious reason tries the internet reapeatedly cause problem.

I have seen antivirus causing problem ( which was not able to update due to license issue but it keeps on trying)

what can be done

1.try to remove any virus removing tools like combofix latest from bleeping computer.

2. your antivirus should give total protection ----- it should have firewall features also e.g. ESS

3. apart from antivirus update. your version of your antivirus should be updated.

4.update window upadate up to date.

If nothing solves format and install xp fresh installation. install everything softwares, antivirus everything and create a RESTORE POINT. So, in future any proplem comes. go to safe mode and Restore to the particular date.

XP GOING TO BE OBSOLETE --- SINCE FOR TRADERS --- THEIR TOOLS ARE MAIN.

UPGRADE YOU SYSTEM ---- three things mainly matters in your upgradation.

mother board , DDR 3 RAM 2GB-4GB , PROCESSOR OF YOUR CHOICE DUAL CORE TO i3 is enough . want latest u can go upto i7.

Rest of the parts can be planned and upgraded accordingly.

These upgrades for windows 7. and above.

So make your choice :thumb:

with cheers,
narayan.

narayan78

Try this.

this should resolve your issue with excessive cpu usage and try to upgrade RAM to upto 8 GIG.
Einstein bhai , I have respect for you :) .

It's wrong suggestion for upgrading RAM.

even if it is correct , upgrading old type RAMS costlier than new DDR3.

One can upgrade RAM along with new MOBO AND PROCESSOR.

with cheers,
narayan

kaly422000

bhai, u didn't mention your OS I suppose it would be XP.

XP GOING TO BE OBSOLETE LINK

there may be two reasons,

!. virus or malware issue.

2. programs which seeks updates through internet which not updated for any obvious reason tries the internet reapeatedly cause problem.

I have seen antivirus causing problem ( which was not able to update due to license issue but it keeps on trying)

what can be done

1.try to remove any virus removing tools like combofix latest from bleeping computer.

2. your antivirus should give total protection ----- it should have firewall features also e.g. ESS

3. apart from antivirus update. your version of your antivirus should be updated.

4.update window upadate up to date.

If nothing solves format and install xp fresh installation. install everything softwares, antivirus everything and create a RESTORE POINT. So, in future any proplem comes. go to safe mode and Restore to the particular date.

XP GOING TO BE OBSOLETE --- SINCE FOR TRADERS --- THEIR TOOLS ARE MAIN.

UPGRADE YOU SYSTEM ---- three things mainly matters in your upgradation.

mother board , DDR 3 RAM 2GB-4GB , PROCESSOR OF YOUR CHOICE DUAL CORE TO i3 is enough . want latest u can go upto i7.

Rest of the parts can be planned and upgraded accordingly.

These upgrades for windows 7. and above.

So make your choice :thumb:

with cheers,
narayan.
i have little knowledge but ys formatting may have answer in this case. any way xp is still the best os ,i think. microsoft discontinuing xp may be due somebussnes plan

narayan78

i have little knowledge but ys formatting may have answer in this case. any way xp is still the best os ,i think. microsoft discontinuing xp may be due somebussnes plan
bhai,

formatting is the last choice. (if problem is not figured out in a given amount of time. for home users it's not a big issue but if there is important tasks with computer then formatting is the solution.---to save time)

importance of formatting.

1.Files will be error free --- since it's a fresh installation.

2.formatting removes unknown viruses any --- it will make new slate.

3.Time is saved. ( we can figure out the problem and fix but, how much time that matters)

4.We can find out condition of our HDD (whether good/bad)--- in this stage.

important steps to be taken before FORMATTING

1. BACK UP MYDOCUMENTS

2.your DOCS ( word ,excel, ppt, pictures, videos etc)

3. Some people may have mail programs like oulook or outlook express back up that.

3. Find your mother board installation CD/DVD . If your unable to locate mother board CD /dvd. there is a program called driver backup utility backup your driver and save it in a pen drive.

XP may best --- ( for me win98 is THE BEST---I can remove my hdd and connect to any pc ---my OS migrate/adabpted to the other machine in Minutes SUPER RIGHT :thumb: )

But the Sad part is :mad:

Hardware manufacturers won't support XP --- future devices won't be compatible with WINXP --- this was happened to WIN98.

software people won't write software especially XP

software people won't give support for the old softwares running in XP.

these will happen but not in a sudden but gradually.

(see choice is ours , it's about Our beliefs, money and time )

with cheers,
narayan.