Could the Nifty be heading for a nosedive?

binzy said:
My dear sh-fifty,
Anyone can analyse the Nifty...
Even certified fools :rolleyes:
if they have the right tools,
can get movin n shakin n shifty :cool:

Note: www.dictionary.com defines 'shifty' as: Able to accomplish what is needed; resourceful :)
Been watching this thread with any amount of interest. Both informative & fascinating. Am more of the Bardy kind & less of a T/A guy. Making monumental efforts in that direction too though. That explains my insignificant presence in this august forum of trading wizards. Believe me, grey hair or year-count matter not.

Here's my humble 1/2-pie-with-a-hole (old Indian currency) contribution, to be read with a cursory glance & tossed away into the bin perhaps:

Here's one who stands so tall,
One who makes me feel so small;
A guy like our Binzy,
He really makes me so dizzy,
With his Limerick, postings & all.

Welcome my versy friend,
To this forum of the wave & the trend;
Your write-up on Gann,
That was really great man!
I think we all owe you thanks no end.

In case you're not aware,
There's another one here to share;
Sh50 is his name,
And he's just the very same,
A poet who shares & lays his heart bare. :)

Last edited:
I humbly bow before your exalted tribute... may I take a printout and frame it? Ohhh.. it would've been so perfect.. if only you hadn't assumed i'm a MALE :(

I think Gann would turn in his grave if he saw a nobody like me at the receiving end of such appreciation. As far as studying his works is concerned, I know about a millionth of what he did. I would give an arm, a leg and an eye to get hold of his mass pressure forecasting technique (im3vil, that answers ur question) becos if I did, i'd be so rich, I wouldn't need that crap ;)

By the way, Bpcl and Tisco seem like they will be looking like good short-sells very soon.

I wish we could start a thread on how many traders (who do not subscribe to Tradersedge) are actually making money, and how many are losers big and small (yeah right, like anyone will admit to being a perpetual foul-up). I wonder how many of us keep weekly charts and calculate our RSI, moving averages etc on those. Weekly charts present excellent medium-term opportunities and you can actually follow a trend to near its completion with a lot less whipsaws and a lot more confidence. Try it. It's one of Gann's first rules.

Like I said, anyone interesting in knowing more about Gann, let me know. Will post more stuff later. Would write more often if there was someone with whom I could agree/disagree in Gannese :)

binzy said:
I humbly bow before your exalted tribute... may I take a printout and frame it? Ohhh.. it would've been so perfect.. if only you hadn't assumed i'm a MALE :(

I think Gann would turn in his grave if he saw a nobody like me at the receiving end of such appreciation. As far as studying his works is concerned, I know about a millionth of what he did. I would give an arm, a leg and an eye to get hold of his mass pressure forecasting technique (im3vil, that answers ur question) becos if I did, i'd be so rich, I wouldn't need that crap ;)

By the way, Bpcl and Tisco seem like they will be looking like good short-sells very soon.

I wish we could start a thread on how many traders (who do not subscribe to Tradersedge) are actually making money, and how many are losers big and small (yeah right, like anyone will admit to being a perpetual foul-up). I wonder how many of us keep weekly charts and calculate our RSI, moving averages etc on those. Weekly charts present excellent medium-term opportunities and you can actually follow a trend to near its completion with a lot less whipsaws and a lot more confidence. Try it. It's one of Gann's first rules.

Like I said, anyone interesting in knowing more about Gann, let me know. Will post more stuff later. Would write more often if there was someone with whom I could agree/disagree in Gannese :)

i was doing some time - price harmonic studies.. i found a nice 15 day under current
take a look :rolleyes:

Attachments

binzy said:
I humbly bow before your exalted tribute... may I take a printout and frame it? Ohhh.. it would've been so perfect.. if only you hadn't assumed i'm a MALE :( ....................

Read "gal" for "guy", "she" for "he",
And "her's" for "his", it's that easy you see;
It's what & how you wrote your post,
That made me want to raise a toast;
Perhaps a "Rose" would in order be. ;)

sh50

Re: William Delbert Gann

And Sh50, if you're as sensational as a trader as you are at your vers libre, how about dinner? My treat ;)[/QUOTE]

How can I retreat
From the treat
The very fact that with you I will eat
Has altered my heartbeat(Now that I know you are not a male)
That experience should be quite a feat
Like each of Jaideep's poems which are neat
And seperate the chaff(psuedo poets like me) from the wheat
Hope you won't withdraw and cheat

Jokes apart, it would be a pleasure to meet you whenever you choose to come to Delhi. And if I may add, I am not 50

Dear Traderji

Could you please arrange a full day (or probably even 2 days) seminar on technicals. First, I suggest you to get a feedback as to how many are willing to attend and the convenient days (it could be weekdays or holidays like Holi, or 26th Jan).

Do not forget to also ensure that Binzy, Im3vil and members of their clan (I would desist from using the word 'tribe') attend.

Obviously, it has to be paid seminar.

It would be a great help for most of our tribe (we use crude tools to analyse a company's potential i.e., the financials already known to the millions of investors).

Regards and Best wishes

P.S. After going through all the posts here I feel flooded by the Tsunami of technicals and am willing to learn to swim

Useful Articles

Errrr... Traderji, I'm sorry... you couldn't possibly have visualized while setting up this forum that roses, champagne and cosy dinners would be taking up so many eyeballs and precious bandwidth. Whether or not the Nifty is taking a nosedive... this thread is certainly bungee-jumping straight into quicksand :eek:

Abcde, im3vil, sh50, jaideep, kkz, gadee333 and whoever else is interested, I have uploaded a small compilation of articles I found on W D Gann's techniques, including some information on the Square of Nine. You can send an email to [email protected] to read / download these articles. You won't be allowed to correspond with anyone in that group - we have THIS forum for that.