"Cost of Acquisition of shares"

I am a newbie in stock investing. There are following 5 types of charges on my bill.
1) Brokerage
2) Regulatory Charges
3) STT
4) Service tax on brokerage
5) Stamp duty charges

I know for sure that brokerage cost is used in calculating cost of acquistion.
My goal is to educate myself so that I may be able to calculate the exact capital gain or capital loss and understand various expenses or charges related to stock trading that can be deducted for tax purpose.

However, I have not been able to find information on whether or not other charges are also added in calculating cost of acquisition of shares. I would be grateful if someone can explain how it all works or provide a link to a good website that explains this.

Thanks

vasa1

I am a newbie in stock investing. There are following 5 types of charges on my bill.
1) Brokerage
2) Regulatory Charges
3) STT
4) Service tax on brokerage
5) Stamp duty charges

I know for sure that brokerage cost is used in calculating cost of acquistion.
My goal is to educate myself so that I may be able to calculate the exact capital gain or capital loss and understand various expenses or charges related to stock trading that can be deducted for tax purpose.

However, I have not been able to find information on whether or not other charges are also added in calculating cost of acquisition of shares. I would be grateful if someone can explain how it all works or provide a link to a good website that explains this.

Thanks
Search for a thread on "tax queries" by Diosys. Your question will be answered there already. Plus much, much more :)