CoolWorks

cooltetra

Hi All

With encouragements from some of the very senior respectable members, I had started this thread. The aim was to learn about trading from the experts out here and to contibute in what ever way I could, in the way I can.
The content of this post needs to be changed, as I feel, it would be better to club all those attempts at one place.

My first attempt was an excel sheet that could give the details of the scrips traded on NSE/BSE (A predefined list)GAPAna. The aim was to trade the Gaps intraday.

The second sheet was CoolIntra, a sheet with some enhancement over GapAna and pivot tradings intraday.

The need expressed by some of you who used the sheet made me think of intigrating/ using some established TA software and that lead to the birth of ToAB, a sheet that pumped data into Amibroker.
The need to support FChart was expressed and this is the reason for the change of name of ToAB to CoolRT. The original postings related to ToAB can be found at ToAB.
The improvements to ToAB can be found at CoolRT.

I will be posting all the improvements of all these sheets at this place only.

The original post of this thread has been moved to the Original Post

Best Regards
Coool.
Comments and Suggestions always welcomed at [email protected]

P.S. Don’t embarrass me by asking for the passwords for the sheets. If you need to discuss the logic you may please PM me.

Last edited:
C

Czar

congrats mate... great job.... finally got the chance to use the xl...boy I must say great work & great effort you have put in...Salute

pkjha30

Hi Cooltetra

Very good job indeed. THIS WILL BECOME FIRST OF THE MUST DO WORKS FOR MEMBERS AFTER MORNING PRAYERS
Congrats.
Pankaj:)

cooltetra

pkjha30 said:
Hi Cooltetra

Very good job indeed. THIS WILL BECOME FIRST OF THE MUST DO WORKS FOR MEMBERS AFTER MORNING PRAYERS
Congrats.
Pankaj:)
Thanks Pankaj,

Your encouragement means a lot to me.

Request others to put there comments too. I am sure, implementing your ideas will in turn give me better understanding of the market.

With best regards
Coool.

Last edited:
rakesh4urs said:
hi really very good work..actually i also use this method ..and make profit..but do this thing manually calculation..it takes time so i do for some selected scripts..u have automated this systm..so all scripts is scaned...apart from this i also calculate low price ,heigh price for nest day which is based upon previous day data,,,which is 95% correct prediction..if u give password of this sheet so i can add extra featurs,,pivot..heigh, low for next day only..or tell me how u fetch this data from server...give adject link of server,,,also if i want current price of a script in excell sheet...what i have to do...if all this thins get completed..my excell utility will give buy..sell signal automatically...hope u will help me ...thanks
Hi Rakesh

Try some guess work, u know enough about me to be right with it. ;)
In case you want me to tell u the password, drop a mail at the id given.
also if i want current price of a script in excell sheet...what i have to do
Simple, refresh it once more using the Refresh Button, do not use the Gap button. It will get u the detail of the current price of all the scrip (assumed u are logged in)

Thanks for taking interest in the sheet.

Best Regards
Coool.

Last edited:
Hi All

I have got some very valuable inputs from a respectable border to enhance the excel sheet. And I am currently working on implementing the same.

Some of the features you can expect in the next versions are
1. For preparation work for the next day...
Facility to scan and select scrip that meet your requirement on the basis of
i. Last traded price greater (to disqualify the penny stocks or the elephants :D)
ii. Total traded value (to avoid the ones which are traded less)
iii. Others, which my non trading mind can think of.
This aims at reducing the watch list and the downloads.
2. The features of intraday support and resistance levels. I plan to use the Woodie’s pivots for the same.
3. Additional color coding to indicate the current position of the scrip regarding its intraday support or resistance.(This will be using the pivots for the coloring)
4. Grouping of the scrip on weather they are range bound, above the R1/R2 level or S1/S2 level.
5. Parameters like %Change
6. We will be using the NSE bhav copy for the preparation so as to have the closing price.

And other ideas which you may think of sharing

192 views, 49 downloads and 2 comments :(.
Didn't we have any compatibility issue either?

With best regards
Coool.

Last edited:

murthymsr

cooltetra said:
Hi All
And other ideas which you may think of sharing

192 views, 49 downloads and 2 comments :(.
Didn't we have any compatibility issue either?

With best regards
Coool.
hi all,

comments/views is only 1%.

i think it is worth to make a try of the posted XL sheet & offer suggestions / feature requests. by this you will get what you have been wanting to have and the best thing is ....

cool_tetra was graceous enough to make the XLSheet available free.

please contribute and you will have a tailor made solution to all your needs, rather than a ready made solution, which may or may not fit your needs.

the XL sheet is in the development stage and this is the best time to make a feature request.

murthymsr

i use your worksheet and it is really great. however, i have modified it a little by adding more formulas. however, the formulas are lost when i refresh the data.

i am attaching your excel file as modified by me which gives more data without much work. see if it is useful as sugesstion.

do not refresh the data as the formulas in gap sheet would be lost. however, the same can be copies from formula sheet.

also can you think of using average volume instead of last volume in my formula.