Confusion in expiry date and selling date

Hi All,

I am new in trading in futures and options. I would like to know the basic difference between expiry date and selling date. Also, how should I sell options if I have not purchased any , it can be a call or a put option

Hi All,

I am new in trading in futures and options. I would like to know the basic difference between expiry date and selling date. Also, how should I sell options if I have not purchased any , it can be a call or a put option
u can simply sell same as how you are buying by using the proper window in ur trading account . the position shows as negative until u buy back to make it neutral .
for seling u need more margin . but generally sellers will be in profit and again it all depends how one time the mkt.

Last edited:
u can simply sell same as how you are buying by using the proper window in ur trading account . the position shows as negative until u buy back to make it neutral .
for seling u need more margin . but generally sellers will be in profit and again it all depends how one time the mkt.
Ok, so lets say I need to sell options ; Shouldn't I buy it first to sell it ? Also is there a website or any virtual trading platform where I can learn it

Ok, so lets say I need to sell options ; Shouldn't I buy it first to sell it ? Also is there a website or any virtual trading platform where I can learn it
yes .. you r correct .. you need not to buy and still u can sell . the position will be shown as negative . but to short ( means sell ) u need a good amount of margin.
there are lot of site available . let seek others member help. I forget the one i used. will try to find out and post here .

yes .. you r correct .. you need not to buy and still u can sell . the position will be shown as negative . but to short ( means sell ) u need a good amount of margin.
there are lot of site available . let seek others member help. I forget the one i used. will try to find out and post here .
Great , thank you. Please also let me know if you know other members from whom I can seek the advise on the same