Confusion about trading - please give your views

rajsumi121

Hi friends & seniors

I am facing some problem regarding my trading carrier ... Actually I am involve in 2 businesses ... 1 is my permanent business where I am earning very good on month to month basis without any risk .we are establish player in this business & if I give full concentration to this business I can growth more than 50% every year .

my problem is due to trading ... I think I can make better carrier in trading

I never made any money in trading till that ... but from last 1 year ..i never lost anything in trading ... cycle is going on like this for me ... I earned 1-2 lakhs ..after that i get over confident ..lost all .... again start with good discipline ..again loss because of not following rules ...

Please guide me what to do with trading ... continue or quit as my main business suffering a lot because I am too passionate about trading . I don't know why but I feel very happy after making 1-2 lakhs in trading but feel ok after earning 10-20 lakhs in my regular business ..

please guide me ...:clapping::clapping::clapping:

suri112000

Check whether you are addicted to trading.

Trading should be treated as a business where you should trade for money but not to satisfy your gambling insticts.

Your core business is doing extremely well. Think twice before switching to trading. If trading is your passion, switch your timeframe from intraday to daily or weekly. Thus you need not sacrifice your core business and you will simultaneously satisfy your trading instincts.

vsaran

In my opinion,concentrate and devote your full time to your core business which is exceptionally doing well.I wonder while you are having a certain future, why you are chasing the uncertaintity wasting your time and energy(even not loosing money).Moreover it affects your core business also.Forget all this markets and lead a peaceful life.

Vertigo_1985

Hi friends & seniors

I am facing some problem regarding my trading carrier ... Actually I am involve in 2 businesses ... 1 is my permanent business where I am earning very good on month to month basis without any risk .we are establish player in this business & if I give full concentration to this business I can growth more than 50% every year .

I never made any money in trading till that ... but from last 1 year ..i never lost anything in trading ... cycle is going on like this for me ... I earned 1-2 lakhs ..after that i get over confident ..lost all .... again start with good discipline ..again loss because of not following rules ...

Please guide me what to do with trading ... continue or quit as my main business suffering a lot because I am too passionate about trading . I don't know why but I feel very happy after making 1-2 lakhs in trading but feel ok after earning 10-20 lakhs in my regular business ..

As i see you are making good amount in your other business, so money is not an issue for you. If getting satisfaction is the issue then in my opinion you can get it from your main business too.

Before leaving your main business maybe you should do some inner exploration, what actually you want in your life ? and why your current business can't give you that ? are you trading because you want to show others that you are different and better than them ?

Finally i think we are all looking for success and pleasure. Only paths are different, destination is same. You can chose a path well known to you or a path filled with difficulties, choice is yours ...

Regards

Hi friends & seniors

Dear, Today I will try to help you.......you asked very important question.......I started my career as an employee......I join share market as an investor.....10 yrs back I quit job........now I am full time successful trader........and I am doing property business also......actually business is our psychological back up......So never quit business.........you know trading is 95% psychological.......5% technical.........what I am doing.......if...I earned some extra money from business.....I take more risk in market.......bcz its increase my confident.......that time I never panic in trading....... business actually our Confident ........when you confident your success will be more.........so I request please continue both........:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

jahan

Hi friends & seniors

Hello,

IMHO...u need to quit trading....its doesn't make sense to me ...when ur making money easily and without mental tension in 1 business.

again when come to trading.....u can come back any time ...bcoz markets are always there.

my suggestion to u is .....make huge money until u can say enough in ur present business and retire urself from that business by putting ur son or somebody....then u can start trading to fulfill ur desires.

Regards,

jagankris

Hi friends & seniors

I don't know why but I feel very happy after making 1-2 lakhs in trading but feel ok after earning 10-20 lakhs in my regular business ..

Dear Rajsumi,

First of all I should thank you for raising this important question.

Trading is not easy.So after so many years and after suffering heavy losses we haven't given up the trading.

Each day we believe that tomorrow I will follow the rules but end up noting the mistakes committed.

But even after not making money why should one say I love trading.
Is that the thrill of the markets we love ? the adrenalin rush ?

We believe we can make better money in trading.

But we haven't made actually made any thing substantial in trading and
come to the positive territory.

But this belief is just a hope - a mind coping technique which plays when ever its deeper wishes are threatened by the reality.

At some point of time when this hope is weekended by poor performance self doubt arises about once's own trading performance and hence the confusion.

So should we give up trading after spending so much money and more than that so much time and effort and having gained sufficient knowledge ?

Some alternatives before making a final decision

Trading performance coach to improve our psychology.
Swing/positional trading could be better alternatives.
A dealer to monitor the trades.

Rish

Live daringly, boldly, fearlessly. Taste the relish to be found in competition – in having put forth the best within you. – Henry J. Kaiser

Continue Both Business. Avoid Intraday and do trade when opportunity arises, then you will enjoy doing the both.

ananths

Hi,
I would say continue both..as long as we learn the technique of trading and earn consistently and save money..we cant ignore our main business.
I think you should consider trading as a backup and concentrate on your business. So instead of doing day trade better to take positional trade.
Also, withdraw part of the money when you have profit and main issue here is discipline...even after suffering so many times if you dont discipline yourself, you will never be successful. Its easy to say than done...but we can try !
Good luck!.
Cheers,
Ananth