Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
HI
I am using kotak for the last two years.
They give the streaming quote software free.
Brokerage is around 0.6% for delivery and day trade 0.06%.
Delivery charges of rs 25.00.
its good.

if u dont want any charges for delivery then sharekhan should workout cheaper, but no streaming quotes.

if u dont want any charges for delivery then sharekhan should workout cheaper, but no streaming quotes.
My god u know what sharekhan person wes supposed to turn up today for sign up and accoutn opening...thank god he did not....

because he previously said me that they have live streaming quotes..........

i mean how can they claim that....

i believe indiabulls does have live streaming quotes with their power software

Brokerage is around 0.6% for delivery Delivery charges of rs 25.00.
Yes not only brokerage is high but also delivery charges r there

CAN ANYONE WITH 100% certainty say which online broker can provide live streaming quotes for sure apart from kotak (which has high brokerage and also additional delivery charges).... :( :confused:

HI

You will get straemning quotes with sharekhan but u need to take a classic account in which you need to trade for a certain sum (in lacs).
They do have one called fast trade using jvm but it will be slow( this is what the sharekhan rep would have told you)

thank you.

Hi everyone

Does Sharekhan permit online trading in scrips listed on the BSE? I had a horrible experience last year (starting May) with Sharekhan. The marketing guys promised the moon (trading on BSE) and later on found out that on-line trading is permitted only on scrips listed on NSE. They obviously do not care for small investors like me and I had a big great fall resulting in loss on account of signing up and also on account of missed opportunities.

That is also the problem with 5paisa.com. They do not care for small investors. I signed on having been assured that I can trade on-line in scrips listed on the BSE. But, they were also equally bad. After opening the account, no body gave any training on how to operate on-line. Exhausted and having given up (I sent 'n' no. of faxes), I landed up at BSE, where I got the relevant training. The experience did not end there. This month, I received a mail stating that they have moved out of the existing trading platform and will have to log on to a new platform for which the annual fees is Rs.3,000/-. I sign up. Nothing happens. Nobody gives any training and now I learn that they are going to charge Rs.800/- per month as minimum brokerage.

Does not SEBI monitor these brokerages?

I reminded of a parallel which I had heard some time back. In one of our great temples, where devotees by the thousands offer their hair daily, there is generally a big queue. So, the barbers there call those offering hair, to come out of turn. They remover a portion of the hair and ask to come back after some time. You are left with no option but to wait and return. You cannot go out as well.

One of my friends who is based in Singapore, uses HDFC Bank's on-line trading. He does not appear to be unhappy.

Can anyone suggest a foolproof and "valued' on-line brokerage dealing in BSE as well?

Kamalesh

sh50

Small or big, in India, customer service per se is lousy. Customer implies "cust se mar". The only way out for small guys is to blacklikst them in forums like these the way icici is condemned universally.

Coming to specifics, I switched to sharekhan because the 5paisa people were not only indifferent but removed graphs for introducing bse codes which I found blatantly idiotic. I switched over to sharekhan and that guy said that they are going to make a separate provision for bse so that they don't have to remove graphs. Sharekhan also took its own sweet time and they don't seem to be overybothered but they are also quite indifferent. Can't be helped. Born in India. In Delhi Inidabulls has a huge office and I don't think they too would be bothered about individual customers. They just make a lot of noise about service but the real trouble begins after the honeymoon is over. Only mass rubbishing in forums like these may have an impact.

I don't know which is good and which worst but one similarity they have common and that is...
None of them mention any charges(brokerage) they are going to claim from us in their application form!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHY?
Are they here to fool us?
They take I think a dozen of our signatures in the form,If you go to market and buy a pack of buiscuit the price and rest of details mentioned clearly there with expiry date and batch nos.(The day market will come in bear hands purely think of the expiry date for all these online trading providers!!)
Why SEBI does not force them to mention the brokerage charges they are going to claim from their client?WHY WHY WHY?
If you ask them one robotical answer will come Sir,what's your volume?Are we trading for them or they are here to give us a platform for trading?
All *******shit and same in my opinion.
When ever one think of opening any online account,take note of below points and ask for clarifications from them,
their charges---BOTH WAYS and COMPLETE,NO HIDDEN CHARGES.(They will say that the charges they have given is for single side,still insist for complete charges untill u get an answer).

Do ask is their any pre conditions for trading?Say 5P has 800Rs./Month.

Always ask in written,who is your customer ralations manager?(ask again and again till they give you his/her email,dont agree on to mail to their helpdesk)

They will charge separate for posting bills in past,my experence is I got couple of packets fm them then all stopped!!(I have paid postage charges in advance to my online broker house).

Last and finally--- Ask them any customer care rep. remains online during market hours,this will help you a lot if you find any probes during trading hours else keep sending them mail or call 1600------- customer care tel no and pay bills w.out expecting any results!
Good luck.
Always remember,they are here for us.If you do not get any reply from their customer care,remail them,again no luck then tell them politely that you are going to raise this matter to the concern authorities and will not allow them to escape,say all this in short and politely for fast responce.

Last but NOT the least,deal directly with them as most of them have habits to pay comission to 3rd parties!!Yes this is 100% fact.

sh50

I agree with Yara. ICICI for all its inefficiency is good in one respect. It gives out clear brokerage rates on different volumes. One of Sharekhan's excecutive gave a ridiculous argument as to why they were not doing the same," We don't want to spoil our customers" as if we are babies. When the investmart guy asked me what volumes I had I told him bluntly, " When I go to buy things like Dabur chyavanprash from the mkt, they don't ask me how much I consume although they too give a discounted rate on buying a bigger bottle. You give your volumes and I will decide depending upon my affordability. That is my prerogative as a customer. Why should I discolose my volumes. That is confidential info" That shut him up and he gave me a gross approximation of brokerage at volumes. Novices do not know that brokerage is negotiable and that is why all this.

Hi every one

Immediately after emergency was lifted and elections were announced, Indian Express carried an opinion poll as to which party, the readers would vote for and my opinion was that I would vote for the party of the lesser evil.

In selecting brokerages, I think, only this benchmark will hold good. Which brokerage is less in the red.

Will Sh50 please clarify as to whether Sharekhan have commenced on-line trading on BSE scrips? I am willing to endure trouble as long as I am able to trade on-line.

Kamalesh

gvnarendra said:
Dear Sunandoghosh,
I am using India bulls trading facility. I find it is very easy to handle the interface and the brokerage is also very competitive. Their interface which runs on Java is very fast even in slow connections also. If you want any other information regarding Indiabulls you can ask me.
Thank you
gvnarendra
i would like to know as to whedher they are giving dly,wkly and intraday charting facility along with rates ,buy sell facility

Status
Not open for further replies.