Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the threads I came to a conclusion that if anyone who wants to choose any online brokers now after filtering all the online brokers on this thread and other review related sites I came to a conclusion that there are only two online tradeing sites which has gathered popularity between investors and that is

1) 5 paisa

2) Indiabulls

Now the final outcome I want to know and I request you people "pls don't go by what advantages you are getting" because Investors are looking for wat are the disadvantages qualities these brokers have which can hamper there hard earned money. so all of you who are using both the trading sites pls tell me what u think are the disadvantages you are facing and pls give wat kind of suggestion you will give to improve there services so that you can have more better facilites. Pls am talking only about two most sought after trading sites only.. so pls let your comments be based on your experinces only.

Regards, :)
Payal Verma

"if u have an eye of an eagle then let others know u r watching"

Hi Payal,

I think Indiabulls is a fine website for regular traders becasue

First they not asking for any brokerage commitment and there software is one time charged and there online trading is fast and executed much faster than 5 paisa and sharekhan as

This truth everyone would agree that when u place a buy or sell order ur orders get executed in a fastest possible way and this i think is a very important point and more more there streaming data is unintrupted and I receive it with out any problem

These are the two important factors that am still with Indiabulls

and every investor who is trading through indiabulls or used it before can't ignore this truth.

that's all frm ma side,

Cheers n chill out
:)

Hello. Is there anyone who know what is the address of the website of "Rakesh Jhunjhunwala" or is there any other website where we can find information about New trades made by "Rakesh Jhunjhunwala". Please share this information with all of us...

subratabera said:
Hello. Is there anyone who know what is the address of the website of "Rakesh Jhunjhunwala" or is there any other website where we can find information about New trades made by "Rakesh Jhunjhunwala". Please share this information with all of us...
Run a Google search & you'll find any number of leads to your man. :cool:

Just sharing a nasty experience with ICICIDirect.

I am facing troubles in this this from the day of starting. Today I got the saw the worst of it and I haved decided not trade any more on this site.

At 10:40 am I placed a Market buy order. ( i,e at market price at the time of placing the order ). I intention was to an intra day settlement. The order went on "queued" status and it finally executed at 1:30 PM. By that time the price has already gone up 3% and my buy order executed at 3% higher price!!!.

I incurred an a loss of 3.25% which would have give an profit of atleast 2% if orders has been executed at right time. There is even no option for cancelling the queued order so you can even stop your loss in such cases.

I am planning close down icicidirect account immediately....

sunandoghosh said:
:confused:

It is today only that i found this wonderful forum and words cannot simply explain the joy......

First of my utmost regrads to administrator and second to all wonderful people here...

this is the true example of informed decision making in true sense of term....

Now coming to main topic of the day...

Its form last few months that I have gained very much interest in stock markets (and CNBC Tv18 has to be given credit for that atleast in part)...

so eventually i decided to take the plunge...

but chhosing the online broker is really tough for a novice like me who has heard a lot but has never actually traded himself really.....

I have taken demo of sharekhan; 5piase and icicidirect..... so far

5paise is not affordable to me as minimum 800 rs per month has to be paid by me which is not suitabel for me as a beginner as i am yet to learn the basics well to really invest heavily....

sharekhan seems nice but then they no BSE trading (i hope i am not wrong)

and icicidirect has very high brokerage charges and the bad reputation in reality as is evident here....

about indiabulls as fas as i have understood we need to pay to purchase software and about kotak i have no idea..............

I would like all the great people here to share thei wisdom in helping me to start out which service should i opt for u...........

hopefully once i learn the basics then only i will be able to contibute meaningfully to discussions here but now it seems i need more help.......

thanks and regards,

sunando

---------------------

plz dont just say which service to opt without justifying as to why u think it should be opted.......thank u :) :) :p

[email protected]

hi....

I am new to this forum....i saw this poll and was surprised not to see IL&FSInvestSmart in this poll....I have been using InvestSmart since the last couple of years and they have just launched two new platforms, which is totally different from their earlier one.....check them out on www.investsmartonline.com

cheers

I have used both ICICI Direct and HDFC Sec.

With ICICI as long as things are moving no problem, but getting Customer help is a big headache and the problem gets compounded with the fact that their customer support staff donot seem to know most of the procedures.

But when it comes to software features ICICI is far far superior to HDFC Sec.
With ICICI the Demat balance of the shares can be seen online which was missing in HDFC Sec.

They have portfolio tracker which tracks your buy and sell and shows your profit and loss account with a link to buy and sell from Portfolio Tracker.

I also liked the ability of the software to allow allocation of funds; so you can put a limit to your trading allocation in your savings account.

IPO's can be applied on-line.

These features were lacking in HDFC Sec.

Anothe Major Plus of ICICI is that they place your contrct notes on-line
You can view and print them after verifying them digitally on-line.
HDFC had no such provision and you have to maintain a hard-copy of contract notes.

The major disadvantage is that orders at times get queued-up and processing is delayed hence it is no good for Day Trading.
Recently it has started becoming more common.

I am looking for the features of ICICI in some other borkerage house before I decide to make a switch

Disagree. Java needs a very fast internet line. If you have less than 128 KBps then you are losing out. But anything above 128 kbps, it works like a breeze.

gvnarendra said:
Dear Sunandoghosh,
I am using India bulls trading facility. I find it is very easy to handle the interface and the brokerage is also very competitive. Their interface which runs on Java is very fast even in slow connections also. If you want any other information regarding Indiabulls you can ask me.
Thank you
gvnarendra

Good Day All,
I Was Just Browsing The Reactions Of Various Traders With Regards To , Customer Service Of The Various Online Brokers.
For The Past 2 Yrs I Have Been Trading Actively With Both Sharekhan And Icicidirect.com And Hence My Entire Experience
Is Restricted To These Two. Recently I Closed Down My A/c With Sharekhan Due To Limited Capital And Have Concentrated All My Capital To Icicidirect.
Firstly I Have Not So Far Come Across Any Bad Experience With Icicidirect .com To Make Me Want To Avoid Them "" Like The Plague ""
Like Some Forum Members Have Commented. That Does Not Mean To Say That In Future I May Not Have Some Such Similar Experience. So Far I Have Been Spared .there Are Many Things On Their Online Portal That I Find Very Helpful
Esp Their Research , Potrfolio Features, Market Barometers,news Etc. Also Their Account Statements Have Been Highly Accurate And All Payments Have Been Timely.
Moreover They Are The Only Brokerage House ( To The Best Of My Knowledge ) That Hold Country Wide Training Classes
To Help Their Online Clients Understand The Various Features Of Their Portal. I Had Attended One Of These Sessions And Over Here One Can Clarify Any Doubt That One Has To Better Utilise Their Portal.
Having Said That I Would Like To See Some Improvement In The Following Services:>
1) The Introduction Of An Online Portal Has Resulted In The Loss Of A Human Face . The Portal Has Become More Like An Electronic Barrier / Wall . Regardless Of Their Technology Upgradtion ,they Need To Constantly Improve Their Client / Broker Human Interface
This Will Only Redound To Their Benefit / ( Profit ?? ) . On This Score Sharekhan Scores Better Than Icicidirect. Wether A Trader Is A Veteran Or A Novice There A Umpteen Occasions Due To Technology Limitations That A Quick Call To The Broker Or P.r.o Will Clear The Traders Difficulties. Then Why Do The Online Brokers Charge Rs 25 Per Call After A Certain No Of Free Calls??
Is It To Discourage Clients From Calling ??
2) I Am A Position Trader And This Style Suits Me Fine . However There Are Times When My Analysis Indicates That A Certain Price Target Will Be Met . My Question Is Why Is It Not Possible To "" Pre-feed "" That Certain Price Target Say A Couple Of Days In Advance, And Be Happy To Have It Executed As And When It Reaches That Target. Present Situation Is That One Must Feed In Targets Daily ??
But What If Am Travelling And Cannot Access The Internet??
Any Suggestions On How To Work Around This Limitation???
Thanks And Best Regards
Jrichie777

Hi
I have both icici and 5 paisa accounts and have good and bad experiences with both. With icici the main problem is that they don't have a trading terminal like the 5paisa and I get logged out after a mere 10 min of inactivity! With 5 paisa I am rather sceptical about their trading/ accounting practices. So the ideal online broker is yet to arrive on the scene, I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.