Computer Switches off without warning

pkgmtnl

Dear Experts,
I am facing a problem, that My PC (DeskTop) switches off all of sudden wiothout warning,

On trying to restart, it starts like we start car with low battery. Little ghuuun ghuuun and starts and sometime switches off without starting.
Please help

rkkarnani

Dear Experts,
I am facing a problem, that My PC (DeskTop) switches off all of sudden wiothout warning,

On trying to restart, it starts like we start car with low battery. Little ghuuun ghuuun and starts and sometime switches off without starting.
Please help
First thing that comes to mind is : Check the 'fan' which cools down your PC!! If that is malfunctioning this can happen due to heating!!!
Sorry no other idea!!

murthymsr

Dear Experts,

Please help
It could be due to a loose contact in the power chord to the CPU or in the power chord to the UPS, if you are using one. The loose contact could be on account of a broken wire or more likely the power sockets and the pins not being a perfect and tight fit.

It happened to me on account of a not standard (Loose) power chord.

murthymsr

bunny

Likely a cooling fan issue. I too had similar issue on my pc. Better get it checked now else, a time may soon come where the fan components may get burnt out and your pc may not start at all.

Worse, there may be a problem with your HDD(through not very likely), however since we traders depend heavily on our data, it would be on the safer side to have a backup of all your data. software, tools, etc. esp which you use for trading.

hi
i had this problem many times and final story is mother board will go. so if u r comp is old u have to through it as difficult to get replacement or if new u r lucky to get an replace ment. dont ignore the symtons. u r effected with cancer.

ravi

netman

Dear Experts,

Please help
check CPU FAN
CPU FAN Heat sink for lots of Dust in the fins
Check all cable
Remove RAM, Use earser to RUB contacts, wipe with clean dry cloth and replace RAM on SLOT.

Check if SMPS Fan Is running, if possible arrange another SMPS, run system using it and see if it still shuts off.

vinodkiyer

the noise usually comes from harddisk, so check the following in this order.

after the ups is on, check that the ups does not switch off by itself and the output from ups is steady. (u can connect a small night lamp low wattage at the spare output to check this.)

once this is done it is either the SMPS or the harddisk which is the culprit.

u can check harddisk by connecting to other computer

pundit

hi,
If you system is shutting down suddently then most probably this is due to heating up your processor, kindly check if your processor is convered with a special paste , there may be problem with your motherboard also but that is on lesser side..

Due to suddenly turned off your harddisk may have developed bad sectors, if possible backup all your data and get the bad sectors fixed..

These type of problem can mostly be solved with real time troubleshooting..

Raju

Hi,

I would suggest following things

1. Boot in safe mode and take backup . If computer fails booting in safe mood.Then call for an engineer and ask him to take backup by removing u'r hdd and mounting it on another pc.
  2. Use a hand-held blower and blow off dust from CPU & SMPS fan.Still if u have an issue ask the engineer to try changing fans of cpu or spms.
  3. Start the pc(without hdd) and check if still the gunn-gunn sound comes ? If it still comes then fan is surely the problem.If not then do backup first andu will have to replace hdd if required.

Maintenance stuff-
  1. Weekly run utilities like defrag to maintain speed of pc.
  2. Always put pagefile on drive other than where os is installed.

Thanks,
Raju