compliant to SEBI over NSE data feed

I have complained to SEBI on NSE datafeed, following is the complaint

'The data feed on NSE website is not real time for all the listed securities, futures, options and indices.
NSE is selling realtime data at exorbitant rates to vendors, why cannot it refresh exchange data in real time when it is making quarterly profit of over 400 crores on a quarterly revenue of approx 200 crores.

The rates charged by NSE to realtime data vendors is exorbitant even when compared to US based CME Group.

why is SEBI allowing such profiteering by NSE from small traders and investors'

another compliant to SEBI over NSE policy

this is my second complaint to SEBI

'NSE is charging upwards or RS 10 lakhs for empanelment of software vendors, who want to develop trading frontends for retail investors and traders. No major exchange in the world has the above policy

Further it has not made its API(application programming interface) public ,whereas worldwide major exchanges such as CME Group with whom NSE has tied up have their API public on their website

what action has SEBI taken against NSE for flouting this as this has major implications for retail investors/traders as they are increasingly being denied latest technologies.
NSE's policy is also a major deterrent for home grown technology entrepreneurs/SME who want to offer their services'

jahan

I have complained to SEBI on NSE datafeed, following is the complaint

'The data feed on NSE website is not real time for all the listed securities, futures, options and indices.
NSE is selling realtime data at exorbitant rates to vendors, why cannot it refresh exchange data in real time when it is making quarterly profit of over 400 crores on a quarterly revenue of approx 200 crores.

The rates charged by NSE to realtime data vendors is exorbitant even when compared to US based CME Group.

why is SEBI allowing such profiteering by NSE from small traders and investors'
Hello,
I really appreciate that....we need to do something...with data feed issues to the vendor's if they get at reasonable price ..then only they can give the data feed to retail traders at lower costs...GDFL has forcedly shutdown NSE EQ data due to higher implementation costs at their end....thus providing the Opportunity to Yahoo/Google/Terminal extracting feeder's....often we fooled by these extracting data feeder.

i am with u ........will do the same...we need more trader's to join in this Intuitive to take it further...to get noticed by related authorities.

Regards

Last edited:

jahan

we need all the traders on traderji to do this, we can also look at escalating the matter to high court and consumer courts
Hello,

yes ur right...take me in....guide what to do next..will follow as u say.

I am requesting the Honorable Moderator to make this thread sticky......

Regards,

bunny

What you are saying may be true, but it shall hold no merit even if it is true. The business of data vending is not overseen by SEBI.

jahan

What you are saying may be true, but it shall hold no merit even if it is true. The business of data vending is not overseen by SEBI.
Hello,

yes sir, May be ur right.....at-least related Authorities will get Noticed.

Regards,

XRAY27

hi
SEBI IS A WATCH DOG WITHOUT TEETH... it may not involve at all... "saying that it is the work of exchanges..."

have you observed that SEBI never defined its roal in technical analysis... and when i asked about "who is a technical analyst" i got no answer... every Blue channel is full of analyst's ... what are there qualifications to be called as analyst......... i got no answer ......

For data for technical analysis software it will not involve... in court also... how many years it will take.. no body no's

Last edited:
SEBI needs someone like Sheshan to deliver
hi
SEBI IS A WATCH DOG WITHOUT TEETH... it may not involve at all... "saying that it is the work of exchanges..."

have you observed that SEBI never defined its roal in technical analysis... and when i asked about "who is a technical analyst" i got no answer... every Blue channel is full of analyst's ... what are there qualifications to be called as analyst......... i got no answer ......

For data for technical analysis software it will not involve... in court also... how many years it will take.. no body no's