Compare costs of brokers here

TracerBullet

0.03% is quite high for intraday trades. For small capital finvasia, or even wisdom which has much smaller % based brokerage + Nest are ok. But wisdom becomes very expensive once you scale up as there is no upper bound to brokerage.

Once you scale up, 20 brokerage cost, demat AMC etc does not matter much. STT / exchange charges gets much bigger than fixed brokerage of 40.
Main focus should be on edge, and once you have it - to scale up size reasonably quickly and to make an income. No point overthinking small stuff.

But, I wont keep all of my money with finvasia for ex. Nothing against them, i did not have any issue when i traded with them some years ago - but they are small broker and i much rather use brokers who are making good money or who can raise capital if ever there is some king of shock ( instead of going down and taking our money with them.. ). Zerodha is making 100s of crores in profit. So they have large pool of money to absorb losses if ever they happen and thats before even considering capital raise. If i had to keep all of my money with 1 broker it would zerodha and not finvasia... But best to have 2 or 3, so that we can manage outages.

Last edited:

brokenbull

0.03% is quite high for intraday trades. For small capital finvasia, or even wisdom which has much smaller % based brokerage + Nest are ok. But wisdom becomes very expensive once you scale up as there is no upper bound to brokerage.

Once you scale up, 20 brokerage cost, demat AMC etc does not matter much. STT / exchange charges gets much bigger than fixed brokerage of 40.
Main focus should be on edge, and once you have it - to scale up size reasonably quickly and to make an income. No point overthinking small stuff.

But, I wont keep all of my money with finvasia for ex. Nothing against them, i did not have any issue when i traded with them some years ago - but they are small broker and i much rather use brokers who are making good money or who can raise capital if ever there is some king of shock ( instead of going down and taking our money with them.. ). Zerodha is making 100s of crores in profit. So they have large pool of money to absorb losses if ever they happen and thats before even considering capital raise. If i had to keep all of my money with 1 broker it would zerodha and not finvasia... But best to have 2 or 3, so that we can manage outages.
yep i keep reasonable balance in finvasia for intraday stocks trading.{zero commision}
after 3pm close all open or traded orders in finvasia & start placing CNC orders in zerodha.
(all currency &commodity trades only in finvasia. not to mention finvasia single balance. zerodha you need two seperate balanceS in 2 seperate accounts. finvasia much superior in this aspect.after 3.30pm i try my hand in goldguinea and silvermicro in finvasia}
i keep twice the balance in zerodha for btst. overnight cnc stock trades in zerodha cost the same as finvasia.
as a non poa client,in zerodha i can do BTST.but not in finvasia. {sameCDSL tpin+otp exercise in both brokers}

brokenbull

Finvasia brokerage chart calculation does not add stamp duty. You can see from the zerodha brokerage charge chart & add to finvasia final cost of trade.
For intraday Finvasia is the best (dont bother with finvasia chart ) Eiether watch trading view chart or zerodha's Kite volume chart with CPR (if you a have a account . Trading only with Finvasia app. Laptop running Zerodha KITE & or Trading view charts.(in different browsers)
If you are a active trader for emergencies (CNC trades during 3.15pm-3.29pm when the market has crashed more than usual) - you have to have account in Zerodha (for trading cash stocks , futures & options different story )- I have no experience with upstoox,share khan ,angel etc.
Flat 20 ₹ +over night CNC no charge .The best discount broker there it is ZERODHA for stocks trading.
You have to pay the piper- I mean Zerodha's AMC charges+ ₹20 max per trade for intra day etc.

newtrader101

One problem that I found with some brokers- they show options positions in profit when actually they are not (and it is about to take off). For instance you bought CE at 85 yesterday and today they show it in green, even the bought price as 40 which is completely wrong. If you didint double check, you might want to square it off. While actually later it would shoot up.
Among the brokers mentioned here, Sharekhan, Zerodha, Samco are the ones who don't do it.
Fyers might actually square it off.

Last edited:
One problem that I found with some brokers- they show options positions in profit when actually they are not (and it is about to take off). For instance you bought CE at 85 yesterday and today they show it in green, even the bought price as 40 which is completely wrong. If you didint double check, you might want to square it off. While actually later it would shoot up.
Among the brokers mentioned here, Sharekhan, Zerodha, Samco are the ones who don't do it.
Fyers might actually square it off.
Yep this is interesting - Well Finvasia does this often and i have lost quite a good amount of money as being an Options scalper just miss double checking the position - Learnt the lesson after 10-12 trade losses - But why would the broker want you to square off the position showing a green profit - i thought it is to do with the Shoonya platform and didnt realize this is a prevalent culture with other brokers

newtrader101

Yep this is interesting - Well Finvasia does this often and i have lost quite a good amount of money as being an Options scalper just miss double checking the position - Learnt the lesson after 10-12 trade losses - But why would the broker want you to square off the position showing a green profit - i thought it is to do with the Shoonya platform and didnt realize this is a prevalent culture with other brokers
No marks for guessing. :)