Combining two distinct afls

sr114

How can we combine two distinct afls?

Ex - afl of ema crossovers with that afl of macd/bb/adx/rsi/stoch?

The problem creeps when we combine the two afls, the main images get blurred or just a line is displayed which has no meaning to us.Is there any way to combine these two afls? ( may be sounding silly questions - but not able to resist of arising the questions). I need the basic structure of the coding. Pls afl gurus can u solve my problem as i am unable to combine the afls.

Waiting for the reply

Thanx and happy trading

Last edited:

sr114

the two afls are ma crossovers of 15 and 25 pds and placing a macd or stoch or adx (custom built) in that xover. nothing new afl of course. i only want the basic structure so that it can be scaled up.

thans and happy trading
sr114

lasty66

How can we combine two distinct afls?

Ex - afl of ema crossovers with that afl of macd/bb/adx/rsi/stoch?

The problem creeps when we combine the two afls, the main images get blurred or just a line is displayed which has no meaning to us.Is there any way to combine these two afls? ( may be sounding silly questions - but not able to resist of arising the questions). I need the basic structure of the coding. Pls afl gurus can u solve my problem as i am unable to combine the afls.

Waiting for the reply

Thanx and happy trading
EMA crossover afl cannot be combined with rsi and stoch...they need to be separate.... i think so:confused:....for others u simply drag the afls inside ur charts...:)

Last edited:

sr114

the cross overs will be up in the pane and the stoch or macd or adx occupies in the lower half. can this be done?

happy trading and thanx
Sr114

iamaaditya

Yes it can be done.

see the RSI code below
_SECTION_BEGIN("RSI");
SetChartOptions(0,0,chartGrid30|chartGrid70);
periods = Param( "Periods", 15, 1, 200, 1 );
Plot( RSI( periods), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style") | styleOwnScale, Param("Height", 10, 1, 50, 1));

_SECTION_END();

in the above code after styleOwnScale is the parameter to adjust the height of the RSI,
remember you have to use styleownscale

if too confused with above code see below

Plot (RSI(14), "RSI", colorBlue, styleLine | styleOwnScale, 10)

in the code above, the 10 represents the 100/10 % of the screen to be used, so if you give 5, 100/5 = 20%, so RSI will use max 20% of the chart area.

similarly add it for other indicators you are using.
also check the afl reference for plot (press F1 when cursor is on plot)

kindly let me know if you have more queries.

sr114

Yes it can be done.

see the RSI code below
_SECTION_BEGIN("RSI");
SetChartOptions(0,0,chartGrid30|chartGrid70);
periods = Param( "Periods", 15, 1, 200, 1 );
Plot( RSI( periods), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style") | styleOwnScale, Param("Height", 10, 1, 50, 1));

_SECTION_END();

in the above code after styleOwnScale is the parameter to adjust the height of the RSI,
remember you have to use styleownscale

if too confused with above code see below

Plot (RSI(14), "RSI", colorBlue, styleLine | styleOwnScale, 10)

in the code above, the 10 represents the 100/10 % of the screen to be used, so if you give 5, 100/5 = 20%, so RSI will use max 20% of the chart area.

similarly add it for other indicators you are using.
also check the afl reference for plot (press F1 when cursor is on plot)

kindly let me know if you have more queries.
thanx iamaaditya for the help. so just by altering the styleOwnScale we can plot two dissimilar afls. thanx once again. if necessary i will revert back.

thanx and happy trading
sr114

help in amibroker

sr114,

Sir i have connected my TT excel to mycsvg.csv but still im not able to update my amibroker .. can you please help me out sir through team viewer.. thank you :)