Combining Trend-VWAP-Ranges - Pratap's method

princy01

Pratap ji

Please share the best possible mechanical trailing and exit criteria, it's the thing which bothers me all the time and I can't time my exits discretionary ways

Regards

pratapvb

Pratap Sir, I am trying to plot VPs using EMA PVT approach (either 1/3 crossover or 2/4 crossover) on 15 min TF as you suggested.

How closely will they match? Any % wise answer from you Sir?

I am reffering to your this post Sir

http://www.traderji.com/advanced-tr...tive-using-vwap-sd-tf-amas-2.html#post1134923
mp match will be high 90%+

vp match will be poor as vp is derived from mp trend of the same tf....

here we are taking an mp of the higher tf.

that said 15min mp is a good approximation for vp for 3 min or 5min mps in the absence of other .... or you could manually derive the vps seeing the mp trend

Vipul_84

So large number of VPs are derived VPs? I want to plot 3 min VP using 15 min charts and try to trade only VPs. Any solution?

mp match will be high 90%+

vp match will be poor as vp is derived from mp trend of the same tf....

here we are taking an mp of the higher tf.

that said 15min mp is a good approximation for vp for 3 min or 5min mps in the absence of other .... or you could manually derive the vps seeing the mp trend

pratapvb

So large number of VPs are derived VPs? I want to plot 3 min VP using 15 min charts and try to trade only VPs. Any solution?
you can backtest ... it should work most of the time

Vipul_84

Pratap Sir, I am studying AMA system as posted by you.

For intraday:
5 min BO of 15 AMA Band when above 60 min AMA
For swing
15/60/Daily as the combination.

Now few queries are :
1. For intra, when we are anyways going to trade above 60 AMA band, then why not to just use 5/60 combination? Similarly for swing 15/daily combination. What do you suggest?

2. What should be the exit rules? As Smart Trade sir suggests early exit or pivot break or any other is better? I am personally reluctant to re-enter.

pratapvb

Pratap Sir, I am studying AMA system as posted by you.

For intraday:
5 min BO of 15 AMA Band when above 60 min AMA
For swing
15/60/Daily as the combination.

Now few queries are :
1. For intra, when we are anyways going to trade above 60 AMA band, then why not to just use 5/60 combination? Similarly for swing 15/daily combination. What do you suggest?

2. What should be the exit rules? As Smart Trade sir suggests early exit or pivot break or any other is better? I am personally reluctant to re-enter.
for intraday it is 5ama and 15ama pair

60ama (mainly 15min BO and confirmation from daily ama for swing

or exit as I mentioned in intraday I take off half or 1/3rd (if beyond +1SD2 and -1SD2) at 20pts from entry ...rest I trailed...in vertical moves I may exit at 2ama

swing is SAR

Fundootrader

for intraday it is 5ama and 15ama pair

60ama (mainly 15min BO and confirmation from daily ama for swing

or exit as I mentioned in intraday I take off half or 1/3rd (if beyond +1SD2 and -1SD2) at 20pts from entry ...rest I trailed...in vertical moves I may exit at 2ama

swing is SAR
Any link of specific post where you discussed how this can be used for swing trades

pratapvb

Any link of specific post where you discussed how this can be used for swing trades
AMA afl already shared.... had put a few charts on it with 60ama and daily ama in 15TF in general discussion thread