Combining Multiple Internet Connections

Hi

We all have back-up internet connections and maybe even one or more back-up for that backup :)

In my case have a fixed line BB connection connected to a router,
when this line goes down (very rare, but happens),
i switch to a wireless connection (have a backup for this too)

Is there another better way, where in this happens seamlessly,
do we have a simple solution to combine multiple (minimum 3) internet connections.

Happy :)

travi

Hi

We all have back-up internet connections and maybe even one or more back-up for that backup :)

do we have a simple solution to combine multiple (minimum 3) internet connections.

Can you describe more about the wireless connections?
do you mean 3G/4G, are they USB dongles, or jiofi devices or your mobile phone as hotspot.

TraderGYO

Hi

speedify.

Can you describe more about the wireless connections?
do you mean 3G/4G, are they USB dongles, or jiofi devices or your mobile phone as hotspot.
Anything will do, I am even Ok to go for a second fixed line BB, USB or Wifi any combination as long as
when the one source/line is down the other picks up automatically.

Thanks

I have 2 connections, one Airtel fixed BB connection and other JIOfi for my 2 laptops, that I use for trading purpose.
As both connections are used at same time, in case BB is down in laptop 1, it ill pickup JIOfi connection, immediately, by itself. I wont have to make any changeover.

Only thing is, I have to keep both connections open, even if, I am using one laptop at a time.

Satya.

I have 2 connections, one Airtel fixed BB connection and other JIOfi for my 2 laptops, that I use for trading purpose.
As both connections are used at same time, in case BB is down in laptop 1, it ill pickup JIOfi connection, immediately, by itself. I wont have to make any changeover.

Only thing is, I have to keep both connections open, even if, I am using one laptop at a time.
i'll ask u q on dis later as my q is diff

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
Move to AWS :p

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
Eaiser way - Use LAN cable (considering your trading terminal has a fixed place to connect to one line and Wifi to others. If one goes off another will work. Typically Lan will be selected by your machine as default, unless you alter setting.

This seems to be a good solution, but has a recurring cost of annual subscription of around 10 K

Edit: this seems to be another free / open source software solution

Need to download nodes.js https://nodejs.org/en/

Will give feedback here, if I try it

Thanks

Last edited: