coding my strategies

hi

just wanted to know which firm / company /persons code strategy and back test it for traders like me

what are the charges ( approximately ) and their contact addresses .

is there a one stop shop which can code my strategy , back test it and then help me in the entire process of execution ie guide me fully in this regard

thnx

sumit

Last edited:

sr114

hi

just wanted to know which firm / company /persons code strategy and back test it for traders like me

is there a one stop shop which can code my strategy , back test it and then help me in the entire process of execution ie guide me fully in this regard

thnx
sumit
http://www.tradinganalysis.co.in/custom_afl_writing__afl_trading_system.html

visit this site - for ur requirement. also google for custom afl code writing

another 1
http://www.freelancer.in/job-search/amibroker-afl-writing-services/

this custom code writing is very expensive - ( trading analysis quotes as Rs 8000 min and if u go for the dll its 50k and for protectionis 100K)

so look if it is in ur budget or not

rgds
subroto

Look at the cost per day. IMO any programmer who's charging less than a few thousand bucks a day is not worth it. I've worked with some very good quants/ traders and programmers and testing/coding a strategy is not that simple. Even the slightest mistake in understanding of markets/ order book/ slippage can screw the entire strategy.
My suggestion would be look for a friend/ connection working in a bank doing similar stuff and ask for a favor if its a few days work. If paying a friend is an issue, you can always take him out for drinks.

Look at the cost per day. IMO any programmer who's charging less than a few thousand bucks a day is not worth it. I've worked with some very good quants/ traders and programmers and testing/coding a strategy is not that simple. Even the slightest mistake in understanding of markets/ order book/ slippage can screw the entire strategy.
My suggestion would be look for a friend/ connection working in a bank doing similar stuff and ask for a favor if its a few days work. If paying a friend is an issue, you can always take him out for drinks.
Hi
Could u do that for me

rkkarnani

I am not much informed about such matters. It just came to my mind hence asking: How can be we assured that a "strategy" shall not be shared after the same is successfully coded and found to give decent returns !???
Maybe there is a 'non-disclosure' agreement but a written agreement cannot be a deterrent alone. Just my view.

Hi
Could u do that for me
Sorry man, since i am myself trading hence can't code someone else's for exactly the reason rkkarnani mentions. Potential conflict of interest now or in future if i decide to use a variation of the same strategy.
One way of avoiding strategy being utlized or copied is ask for development of generic framework.
E.g a testing framework for MACD where you can enter certain conditions and then test the results yourself. So final strategy is always with you only. The most the coder knows is the area you are researching.

mastermind007

Very Well Said!!! nxshar

I do develop trading strategies for others and I make it very clear that I will neither use their AFL for live trading nor will further on-sell it.

I know, you could argue that such statements are mere words but the maxim that I've learnt at college-of-life is

For a Honest person, no written contract is necessary at all whereas
For a Dishonest, no written contract howsoever ironclad will be enough

Unfortunately, most Indian clients tend to seriously undervalue the accuracy

Seriously, would any trader/investor who has outsmarted the world to earn that capital, really believe it when they hear that their ideas will be safe with a trader? All said and done, no IP agreement can protect your idea completely. And we all know the value of verbal promises.

But think of it the other way round. You cannot code it yourself, hence your idea is worthless unless implemented. Even if your coder uses your idea, the market is too big to accommodate you both. Your main concern should be that the coder does not sell your idea further. S/he should be either a full time trader or an employee of a respectable financial institution. And this is the spirit of business, you have to assume some acceptable risk in any venture.

Btw I have my own backtesting and optimization platform. And I am safe as well since nobody owns/uses my platform. But I am a trader, so I might use the idea if its not very capital/risk intensive. Once you have optimized your strategy, you can contact the developers at Omnesys etc for coding of execution platform. And it makes sense, let a quant do his work of strategy optimization and let coders do their work of implementing trade execution framework, rather than getting a jack of all trades to manage your capital. Do PM me if anyone is interested.

hi

thnx

sumit
You can contact Traderscockpit.com, they can do the needful at decent price, but cons are that it will be web based with monthly renewal. No AFL. I got one of my basic strategy coded thru them, but my experience wasnt great. But you can check out as they will do the needful