CIBIL related

Recently we spoke about CIBIL score in "General Trading Chat" thread. I think we should have a separate thread for it.

I just saw a program on Awaaz "Pehredaar". There was a complaint about CIBIL score there.

A citizen from Haryana had no credit card, no bank loans, no credit history. Then he needed a bank loan for his daughter's marriage. He applied to his bank, SBI, for a loan. The loan was rejected because of his CIBIL score. They said that he had HDFC credit card and had not paid his dues there. The fellow protested that he had no credit card at all, but the loan was refused.

He approached HDFC bank and got the usual runaround about it.

Then he contacted CNBC Awaaz's Pehredaar program and put forth his complaint. Pehredaar approached HDFC with this complaint and the bank said that there was a "data mismatch" because of which the citizen's name showed a wrong entry for credit card dues. HDFC said that they were taking care of the problem.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

So, it seems that I did a right thing by checking my CIBIL score just for the heck of it. Maybe everyone should do it from time to time, because the banks are prone to "technical glitches" which can put a liability on your head for no reason or fault of yours.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Recently we spoke about CIBIL score in "General Trading Chat" thread. I think we should have a separate thread for it.

I just saw a program on Awaaz "Pehredaar". There was a complaint about CIBIL score there.

A citizen from Haryana had no credit card, no bank loans, no credit history. Then he needed a bank loan for his daughter's marriage. He applied to his bank, SBI, for a loan. The loan was rejected because of his CIBIL score. They said that he had HDFC credit card and had not paid his dues there. The fellow protested that he had no credit card at all, but the loan was refused.

He approached HDFC bank and got the usual runaround about it.

Then he contacted CNBC Awaaz's Pehredaar program and put forth his complaint. Pehredaar approached HDFC with this complaint and the bank said that there was a "data mismatch" because of which the citizen's name showed a wrong entry for credit card dues. HDFC said that they were taking care of the problem.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

So, it seems that I did a right thing by checking my CIBIL score just for the heck of it. Maybe everyone should do it from time to time, because the banks are prone to "technical glitches" which can put a liability on your head for no reason or fault of yours.
Yes very true. I keep checking every year. One of my friends has mysterious loans on his name.

soft_trader

2 years ago when I checked my CIBIL report for the first time I saw that a personal loan from SBI was present in my report, but no negative reports about that loan and I saw that it was mentioned that the loan was paid in time. I never took any loan from SBI, and the funny thing is that the date of loan which was mentioned on my report, I was just 10 years old at that time :angelic:
I immediately raised a dispute with CIBIL through their online portal but after several weeks CIBIL gave the verdict in favour of SBI that it was indeed my loan.

After 2 years, last month I again raised a dispute with CIBIL and just few days ago I received the response from CIBIl that it has been resolved and CIBIL sent me a fresh report with that loan account deleted. Phew! :wacky:

VJAY

Any other site we can check our cibil score? Aa i not have account with icici?